ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LC Model (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present-290/)
-   -   Windshield wiper problem (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present/906107-windshield-wiper-problem.html)

walkedu 12-06-18 04:01 PM

Windshield wiper problem

Anyone have trouble with their right wind shield wiper getting stuck behind the stopper?

This has happened to do a few times already. Not sure if it happens when people work on the engine bay or not but it seems like its always after a service or when the hood gets popped open. The wiper itself gets stuck behind the back stopper so I have to keep physically making sure its working properly.

hoonose 12-06-18 07:15 PM

Sorry I can't help you. But I looked into your thread thinking - driving this thing in the rain?

lol

Jules640 12-07-18 05:42 AM

It rains almost every day in the UK at this time of year! I have no issue with driving in the wet.

hoonose 12-07-18 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jules640 (Post 10377698)
It rains almost every day in the UK at this time of year! I have no issue with driving in the wet.

I only worry about rain since I then need to do a cleaning. And with my bad back that work can put me down for a week. So I avoid rain at about all costs.

In AZ I can go 6 mo to a year without washing my car since it rains so infrequently. If it does look like rain I drive my SUV.
The 2016 Corvette that I traded in for the LC, saw rain only once. My LC is so new it hasn't had but one chance. And in that case I was able to dance from one garage to another between raindrops.

Summer of '71 I bought a Norton in London and toured GB (and The Continent). So at one time I was intimately familiar with your weather!

Jules640 12-07-18 09:36 AM

We did have a dry summer this year but that was exceptional.

Does your car not get dusty with it being so dry? I have been to Arizona a few times and the hire cars always got really dirty.

hoonose 12-07-18 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jules640 (Post 10377906)
We did have a dry summer this year but that was exceptional.

Does your car not get dusty with it being so dry? I have been to Arizona a few times and the hire cars always got really dirty.

I use a California Duster on the horizontal surfaces and maybe halfway down the sides maybe once a month.

uchujin 12-07-18 12:35 PM

I never drive in the rain or wash my car either. Only washed twice in a year. Water spots drive me nuts. I use this (link below) with a clean micro rag after every drive or two. I've been very happy with the results...

https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-wat...-car-wash.html

DRGibbons 12-07-18 01:22 PM

I agree with uchujin above. Similar products from this company as well. Perfect complement to my FeynLab Self Heal ceramic coating.

https://www.feynlab.com/
https://shinesupply.com/collections/soap-waterless-wash

Thorne 12-07-18 11:05 PM

This happened to me. It almost never rains where I am, so I probably run the wipers only a few times per year. But they turned on a few days ago during a heavy rain, and the right one was "stuck". It made the driver's side one behave erratically, too. I manually un-stuck it (if that makes any sense) and it hasn't happened since. It was annoying though.

hoonose 12-08-18 06:44 AM

Crap! I'd better go check mine out.....

RichKeagy 12-09-18 06:56 AM

I tried, and failed, to get the passenger side wiper up and over the 'stop' to make it get stuck with the engine hood closed and latched. Perhaps the technicians
messed with the wiper arm when the hood was open. You must consult the Lexus service tech.
I live in sunny Southern California and feel I have to wash a beautiful car like mine (our's) often. I use a pressure washer / foam cannon once / twice a week. Perhaps
it's the magic Lexus self-correcting paint, but I have very few small scratches some call swirl.
Please keep us posted on the windshield wiper issue. I just can't see how it gets behind the wiper arm stop without the hood being open. Does the stop or wiper
arm seem to be damaged?

uchujin 12-09-18 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by RichKeagy (Post 10379244)
I tried, and failed, to get the passenger side wiper up and over the 'stop' to make it get stuck with the engine hood closed and latched. Perhaps the technicians
messed with the wiper arm when the hood was open. You must consult the Lexus service tech.
I live in sunny Southern California and feel I have to wash a beautiful car like mine (our's) often. I use a pressure washer / foam cannon once / twice a week. Perhaps
it's the magic Lexus self-correcting paint, but I have very few small scratches some call swirl.
Please keep us posted on the windshield wiper issue. I just can't see how it gets behind the wiper arm stop without the hood being open. Does the stop or wiper
arm seem to be damaged?

Same here. I didn't use lots of force, but I couldn't even get mine to go past the stop, with the hood open.

walkedu 12-10-18 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thorne (Post 10378393)
This happened to me. It almost never rains where I am, so I probably run the wipers only a few times per year. But they turned on a few days ago during a heavy rain, and the right one was "stuck". It made the driver's side one behave erratically, too. I manually un-stuck it (if that makes any sense) and it hasn't happened since. It was annoying though.

Im in southern CA and it rarely rains here also but for the past month its been raining off and on. It gets pretty annoying knowing that I have to always have to make sure the right wiper isnt stuck behind the back stopper.

I think its when the hood is open it must move the wiper back behind the stopper, thats my theory anyways

Ive been to the dealership about it but its almost a minuscule problem because they just move the wiper infront of the stopper. But then again it shouldnt be doing this anyways.

walkedu 12-10-18 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by RichKeagy (Post 10379244)
arm seem to be damaged?

I believe probably the passenger side wiper was faulty at one point or another. The first time I took it in to get checked they had to rescrew the wipers pack on the arms. So Im not sure if that was the issue or what, I just got my car back from the dealership for the "brake pad issue." Checked is the wipers were ok and they were. So if it does it again ill just bring the car in and have them look at it.