PPE Engineering Equal Length Headers for the LC500 - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LC Model (2018)
PPE Engineering Equal Length Headers for the LC500 >

PPE Engineering Equal Length Headers for the LC500

Notices
LC Model (2018)

PPE Engineering Equal Length Headers for the LC500

Old 11-16-18, 05:28 AM
CodyJames
Driver

Originally Posted by Zeitaku View Post
Awesome! Was the white RC-F over there yours? There is a massive F meet going down at Earnhardt Lexus on Camelback and 8th st. this Saturday 11/17/2018 at 10:00 AM. A cruise to Tortilla Flats and then a few of us are going to drag race at Wild Horse for the GoFast event all same day. This will be a crazy day.

Yessir - that was me! I'm planning on heading over to the Earnhardt event on Saturday as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to CodyJames For This Useful Post:
Zeitaku (11-16-18)
Old 11-16-18, 08:33 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by walkedu View Post
Cant wait to see the dyno graphs on these.

Old 11-19-18, 11:50 AM
walkedu
Driver

Wow Tq numbers actually raised significantly in the lower RPM band esp with no tune. Cant wait till someone cracks the DME.

Are you throwing any CEL's right now because of the cats?
Old 11-19-18, 05:29 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Wow Tq numbers actually raised significantly in the lower RPM band esp with no tune. Cant wait till someone cracks the DME.

Are you throwing any CEL's right now because of the cats?
CEL did come on initially however, it was the rear 02 sensor on left bank just needing to be slightly retracted. It was corrected and the ECU was reset no issues since.
Old 11-19-18, 05:40 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

First time at drag strip car #190 in right lane here. As you can see the 60ft is just over a 2.0 and I did a best of [email protected] I was initially discouraged but after seeing the weight of the car and taking into account that I'm on 21" wheels with pretty much the best all season tire you can get, I felt a little better. I ran the car in auto with TC off with it on, ran it in manual with TC off and on. No burn out, then burn out and even ran the rear 21" tires at around 25psi for better traction. I think with better track conditions and some stickier tires I can hit 12.8 or even a 12.7. Not sure but I may have the world record for the fastest LC500 ROTFL unless Car & Driver has a time slip to substantiate the [email protected] they claimed to have achieved.

As you will notice the photo below the time slip I weighed the LC with me in it on 1/8 of a tank and it was 4,465 lbs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeitaku For This Useful Post:
guanche2k9 (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 11:44 AM
walkedu
Driver

I for one appreciate all the testing and pictures / dyno graphs you have been posting up. Going to be hard for this car to actually be quick in a 1/4 mile without some serious power mods due to the weight it needs to over come. I believe without a s/c or nitrous it will be hard for the LC to break into the mid 12's with a decent trap speed consistently. Then again just my opinion. Im going to wait for the LCF or the RCF GT to come out before I start touching anything with the motor.
Old 11-20-18, 05:40 PM
NotnFsport
Lexus Test Driver

I saw your LC at the Earnhardt event. Do you have or plan on installing covers for the intakes? Without I can only imagine how much heat soak your getting with the filters sucking in the hot engine air.
Old 11-22-18, 12:01 PM
guanche2k9
Driver

Originally Posted by NotnFsport View Post
I saw your LC at the Earnhardt event. Do you have or plan on installing covers for the intakes? Without I can only imagine how much heat soak your getting with the filters sucking in the hot engine air.
Just thinking - shouldn't this have been an issue through the R&D testing? BoostLogic is a well known company for aftermarket components - I would assume that they would've thought of that....
Old 11-22-18, 12:21 PM
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic

^^^^That has been a topic discussed on a previous thread. And yes, IMHO, heat soak would be a problem with that intake.

Lou
Old 11-27-18, 04:42 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NotnFsport View Post
The LC's front grill opening is more than adequate to supply fresh cool air to the intakes even without the stock cooling plate on when driving. People fail to realize that even with an extended intake towards the ground, the air has to eventually travel up to the throttle body, so it will get a little warm even with an aluminum heat shield at the tip.
Old 01-01-19, 09:12 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

I for one appreciate all the testing and pictures / dyno graphs you have been posting up. Going to be hard for this car to actually be quick in a 1/4 mile without some serious power mods due to the weight it needs to over come. I believe without a s/c or nitrous it will be hard for the LC to break into the mid 12's with a decent trap speed consistently. Then again just my opinion. Im going to wait for the LCF or the RCF GT to come out before I start touching anything with the motor.
Not really. I hit a 13.1 on 21" Pirelli P Zero so simply putting some forged monoblock 20" wheels on wrapped in a set of Toyo R888R's would drop that time down to a 12.7-12.8 easily. Also I discovered a way to completely turn off TC and all driving assist in order to stall the converter off the line as a simulated launch control that should drop another .1 or .2 as well.

From the current information that was divulged to me the LC-F is still off in the distance from production. Even if it ever makes production I think it will be too late. 4.0L V8 twin turbo with 600hp? I'm certain that Boost Logic will have their SC kit completed and the ECU cracked on the LC long before any LC-F hits a showroom floor. Besides we know Toyota will set an MSRP of $200K+ for a TT LC-F. Meanwhile, us current LC owners will most likely be boosted before then making more power than a stock LC-F for $100K less.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: