LC Model (2018-present)

Dashcam wiring to trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-18, 09:07 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dashcam wiring to trunk?

Plan on hardwiring my dashcam and, as the battery and fusebox are in the trunk, need to figure out how to get the wire into the trunk from the interior. Anyone find an easy way to fish the wire through?
Old 10-23-18, 10:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...-dash-cam.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...-dash-cam.html

Lou
Old 10-24-18, 12:33 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chiroppa
Plan on hardwiring my dashcam and, as the battery and fusebox are in the trunk, need to figure out how to get the wire into the trunk from the interior. Anyone find an easy way to fish the wire through?
Uh.... Fusebox is located in the driver seat and passenger seat... What dashcam are you going wotw?
Old 10-24-18, 12:48 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SRC350F
Uh.... Fusebox is located in the driver seat and passenger seat... What dashcam are you going wotw?
You sure? I'm aware of the one under the hood and one in the trunk. Where are the fuseboxes located by the passenger seat?

I installed the blackvue 900 4k with the 124 battery. I have a short daily commute and would like to charge the battery faster, reason I'm looking to hardwire vs cig lighter charge
Old 10-24-18, 12:51 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the effort but did not see an answer to routing the wire into the trunk
Old 10-24-18, 12:59 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

You sure? I'm aware of the one under the hood and one in the trunk. Where are the fuseboxes located by the passenger seat?

I installed the blackvue 900 4k with the 124 battery. I have a short daily commute and would like to charge the battery faster, reason I'm looking to hardwire vs cig lighter charge

Yup I hardwired the dr900 to a PMP. I wired it on the driver side. It's underneath the steering column, in the back. Passenger side you have to remove the plastic cover/trim under the glove box. Your manual should indicate how to take it odd
Old 10-24-18, 01:15 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Yup I hardwired the dr900 to a PMP. I wired it on the driver side. It's underneath the steering column, in the back. Passenger side you have to remove the plastic cover/trim under the glove box. Your manual should indicate how to take it odd
glad I asked, I'll take a look at the manual tonight. any issues using the pmp for parking mode? I purchased the battery as I was concerned about the drain on the battery.
Old 10-24-18, 01:17 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

glad I asked, I'll take a look at the manual tonight. any issues using the pmp for parking mode? I purchased the battery as I was concerned about the drain on the battery.
Havent had much issues yet? I only use it when I park in public places, I think a lot of cars are deterred when they see blinking light. I just need to figure out if there is a setting that indicates a video clip has collision detected in the sebsor or something
Old 10-24-18, 05:29 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Havent had much issues yet? I only use it when I park in public places, I think a lot of cars are deterred when they see blinking light. I just need to figure out if there is a setting that indicates a video clip has collision detected in the sebsor or something
I agree, when I get back into my car, I have like 100 new video clips. Wish there was a way to filter out more specific events.
Old 10-24-18, 06:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Appreciate the effort but did not see an answer to routing the wire into the trunk
I guess my point was, why not wire it to the mirror and avoid the hassle

Lou
Old 10-24-18, 06:53 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flowrider
I guess my point was, why not wire it to the mirror and avoid the hassle

Lou
wiring to the mirror will not allow you to use the dashcam when it is in parking mode that is the only con
The following users liked this post:
JONPRON (02-14-19)
Old 10-28-18, 10:07 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip arc. I found the fuse box on the passemger's side. For the blackvue 124 hardwiring, I need a fuse greater than 20A that's an accessory fuse (vs constant).
I attached a pic of the passenger side fusebox.

Only possibilities seems the top 3 which are 30A each labeled S/HTR P, DOOR P NO1, DOOR R/R 1. Anybidea which one of these fuses are accessory and not constant?
Old 10-31-18, 10:15 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

ah the 124....
Old 11-01-18, 05:10 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

fuse box is definately not near the trunk. I think i wired my moms LC dash cam with a fuel pump fuse, that way its only on when the car is on
Old 11-10-18, 05:42 PM
RX711
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
fuse box is definately not near the trunk. I think i wired my moms LC dash cam with a fuel pump fuse, that way its only on when the car is on
Am lurking on this LC thread as researching how ot wire a dash cam for a 2004 RX 330. Do you mean the FUEL OPN fuse for the fuel door? Also for my car the FUEL OPN is the only relatively uncomplicated (doesnt tie into suspension, air bags etc.). The problem is the manaual says it opens the fuel door and depressurizes the gas tank. Know anything about the despresurization part?

Quick Reply: Dashcam wiring to trunk?