LC Model (2018-present)

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-18, 01:53 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I would never use the LC in the snow, but that's my opinion. The car sits pretty low, not as low as my GT3, but too low to drive in the snow. That's why I have an SUV.
Let us know how it works for you.

Good luck,

Craig
Old 10-23-18, 06:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
I would never use the LC in the snow, but that's my opinion. The car sits pretty low, not as low as my GT3, but too low to drive in the snow. That's why I have an SUV.
Let us know how it works for you.

Good luck,

Craig
That certainly would be my tact. I don't even drive my ISF in the rain. That's what my truck is for

​​​​​​​Lou
Old 10-23-18, 09:02 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not planning on intentionally driving it in the snow. I do plan on driving it in through the winter as it's my daily. Dedicated winter/snow tires are for below freezing temps and unexpected light snow till I can get my way back home.
Old 10-23-18, 10:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The summer tires mounted OEM, are also temp sensitive:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...181024055231:s

Lou
Old 10-24-18, 03:43 PM
HiroY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello folks! Been pondering purchase of an LC myself and live in the wintry climate of Boston. I also may drive it through the winter season but not intentionally through snowstorms like chiroppa. When I had my GX, I used an ATEQ Quickset to swap between factory original TPMS rims and aftermarket winter TPMS rims; wonder if it would work with the LC also:

https://www.ateq-tpms.com/en-us/prod...ms-reset-tool/

*UPDATE*: Seems the LC is listed as a supported model
Old 10-24-18, 04:52 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by HiroY
Hello folks! Been pondering purchase of an LC myself and live in the wintry climate of Boston. I also may drive it through the winter season but not intentionally through snowstorms like chiroppa. When I had my GX, I used an ATEQ Quickset to swap between factory original TPMS rims and aftermarket winter TPMS rims; wonder if it would work with the LC also:

That's a fantastic item. I'd also like to know if it works for the LC. BTW Hiro, I'm also in MA. In the Japanese LC brochure I have, the LC was tested in the harshest of winter conditions, so technically it can handle the weather. For me though - the LC is a work of art, and I don't even drive it in the rain. LOL. Just watch out for our terrible winter potholes. I blew out a sidewall on a manhole-pothole on my first day back on the road in May.
Old 10-24-18, 07:00 PM
chiroppa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting.. Which aftermarket TPMS did you use? any issues so far using the kit you posted?
Old 10-24-18, 07:05 PM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm getting ready to switch back to my factory rims, which I installed all season tires on. The Ateq tool is interesting.
Old 10-24-18, 07:26 PM
HiroY
Driver School Candidate

Hello Uchujin, nice to officially meet you here! Go Sox! I have seen some of your other great posts in my time here the last couple months researching the car. I saw you purchased yours from Ira? I stopped by and saw a white/tan one at their Danvers location a few weeks ago; stunning! I may stop by Northborough if the weather cooperates this weekend and see about test driving a used one they have there, although I know that will probably become the kiss of death to my wallet as soon as I test drive one. I hear you on not driving even in the rain because I have done the same with all my toy cars over the years; This would be the first to drive year round. I guess I'm getting old and tired of not enjoying the cars for like half the year in winter storage and then only driving on the few sunny days around here. I really need to just move to AZ so that I don't have to worry about the stupid New England weather!

Hi Chiroppa, as stated, this was on my 2014 GX (I don't have an LC (yet at least)). I bought the winter tires/rims/TPMS as a winter package from TireRack, so not sure exactly what TPMS brand they were. At any rate, the ATEQ worked great! If I recall correctly (this was quite a few years ago), I had to set it all up using their app on my laptop and loading/saving the IDs. I believe there is a good YouTube video of how to initially set it all up, but once its set, its simple as just plugging the unit into the car after mounting the summer vs winter set of wheels and then pressing the summer or winter button on the ATEQ to load those appropriate TPMS IDs into the car. According to the ATEQ website, the LC is listed so I assume it would work just fine; I guess you could contact and ask them to be sure. I assume Toyota/Lexus uses the same TPMS setup across most models.
Old 10-25-18, 06:24 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Hello Uchujin, nice to officially meet you here! Go Sox! I have seen some of your other great posts in my time here the last couple months researching the car. I saw you purchased yours from Ira? I stopped by and saw a white/tan one at their Danvers location a few weeks ago; stunning! I may stop by Northborough if the weather cooperates this weekend and see about test driving a used one they have there, although I know that will probably become the kiss of death to my wallet as soon as I test drive one. I hear you on not driving even in the rain because I have done the same with all my toy cars over the years; This would be the first to drive year round. I guess I'm getting old and tired of not enjoying the cars for like half the year in winter storage and then only driving on the few sunny days around here. I really need to just move to AZ so that I don't have to worry about the stupid New England weather!
I'm with ya on the weather. Got my sights set on HI after retirement (could you tell by my plate?!). This is my first "toy" car in many years, so I haven't gotten over the OCD treatment yet. She gets stored on Flatstoppers (on the OEM wheels/tires) from Nov to Apr, with the occasional roll-out on dry Winter days. The Vossen setup will go back on in Spring. It is admittedly silly to own such a car and not drive it half the year. But I just couldn't resist owning this beauty and I've got other things to deal with while it hibernates. Go Sox!

Last edited by uchujin; 10-25-18 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 10:52 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uchujin
the occasional roll-out on dry Winter days.
Read my link in post #9 above!

Lou
Old 10-25-18, 11:07 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by flowrider
Read my link in post #9 above!

Lou
Well aware. "roll-out" = just in and out of the garage - enough to change the resting position of the tires - and let her run long enough to get her juices flowin.
Old 11-03-18, 05:09 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Bummer. I just read through the documentation and... no MacOS support. Windows only. I did away with Windows everything and migrated to Apple everything - years ago. Best decision I ever made. I could run a virtual Windows OS on my Mac, but... just not gonna go there. I'll have to search for a comparable device that supports MacOS, or perhaps even an iOS app.
Old 11-05-18, 07:18 PM
HiroY
Driver School Candidate

Hi again Uchujin! Don't tell me you are considering a set of winter rims now, hence looking at the ATEQ? I thought you were keeping your baby far from the nastiness of New England winter driving?
Old 11-06-18, 04:35 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Hi again Uchujin! Don't tell me you are considering a set of winter rims now, hence looking at the ATEQ? I thought you were keeping your baby far from the nastiness of New England winter driving?
Not exactly... I store my vehicle on Flatstoppers with the factory wheels/tires during winter, and keep my nicer Vossen setup in my warmer basement. I can live with the system throwing a TPMS error during the winter (since I'm not driving it), but I also put my stock setup on the car whenever it goes in for service. It would be convenient to register the codes myself whenever I swap, which is why I like the ATEQ. I'm a MacOS/iOS guy, so as much as I like the ATEQ, I'll probably pass on it for now.

Quick Reply: Tires