LC Model (2018-present)

RC cloning of LC

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-18, 06:04 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by VicAndRay
No doubt they are different and great cars. Just wish some of the unique design elements of the LC were kept more exclusive to justify the flagship price.

Perhaps the LS buyers feeling the same about the new ES??
I look at it the opposite way - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. IMO - owners of the flagship models have so much more to appreciate.
Old 09-04-18, 09:47 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Just alright? No comparison? That is a very subjective claim and based on personal preferences. Definitely not the case, according to the complements, thumbs up and head-turns I get with my RCF especially in my Molten Pearl color.
I agree with you that it's subjective. Some think the RC-F is ugly. I think it looks OK. Some love it. There isn't a wrong answer, IMO.

Subjective aside. I would wager that if you pulled 10 random people off the street and showed them both, a clear majority would say the LC is the better looking car.
Old 09-05-18, 01:54 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

They are both very nice cars both need more power, and beauty is in the eye of the owner. The interior of the LC is beautiful in my eye, enjoy your car.
Old 09-05-18, 09:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by al503
I agree with you that it's subjective. Some think the RC-F is ugly. I think it looks OK. Some love it. There isn't a wrong answer, IMO.

Subjective aside. I would wager that if you pulled 10 random people off the street and showed them both, a clear majority would say the LC is the better looking car.
It is a unique/original design, which is why it is polarizing. The polarizing element that is criticized on the internet, is the "predator grille", which is similar across all Lexus cars. You prefer the looks of LC because you own an LC while I prefer RCF because I own one. However, parked side by side in the flesh (especially considering RCF proportions are not caught correctly in pictures), seeing how people melt with that goofy smile when they look (I see it regularly), I truly don't think it is very likely to be one-sided.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-05-18 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-05-18, 10:04 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by VicAndRay
Just me, I guess...

I can see your point.. from a non-car person perspective I can see how they would see the strong similarity in the front.. For someone that is more attuned to the car market; the first thing they would notice is the LC has a much bigger a$$ end, and in general is a much wider and longer car, regardless of the similar fascia.
Old 09-05-18, 12:12 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

I just saw the 10th Anniversary Edition of the RC F in my local showroom. I love the matte gray and all the blue accents! Some of the blue - like the steering wheel and shift **** is a bit much, but the seats, the blue carbon and stitching - all look fantastic, as do the blue calipers and badges (IMO). Very cool-looking car. Not forced induction as one might hope, but nonetheless still impressive. Gives me great optimism of how an LC F might turn out!