LC Model (2018-present)

Depreciation and Resale Value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-18, 08:31 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

^^^ gotta love those that heap praise on vehicle when THEY buy it. Then as soon as they move on, they dump all over it. Enjoy your new beetle. LOL.
The following users liked this post:
SuperGT (12-29-18)
Old 10-29-18, 08:35 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

LOL! This is my 3rd Porsche. You want to call it a Beetle when it will outrun your LC in every category?
Old 10-29-18, 09:03 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Thanks!

WOW! Really nice! Seriously, congrats!!!
Old 10-29-18, 09:21 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
WOW! Really nice! Seriously, congrats!!!
Thanks! Tim is from Canada and likes to insult people.
Old 10-29-18, 10:13 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I will watch your video, thanks! I'm just telling you, you will never be able to get $95K out of your LC with 10,000 miles on it. Lexus was giving an extra
$5K in July and August and might still be offering the incentive to buyers. They aren't selling well. I sold my car to a dealer because I found a Corvette ZR1
allocation at $12K under MSRP. I never received a build week, the body style was going to change, probably would have received a December build week.
They never told me the car wouldn't be built until December, I assumed it would be built when they put the order in August 3rd. GM called me October 9th
and said they couldn't tell me when it would be built. I cancelled my order that night via email to the dealer and started looking for a Porsche 991.2 GT3 loaded with a
manual transmission.. That's why I sold it to a dealer and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have sold it to a dealer. I'm also glad I made the right decision not to purchase the ZR1.That's what happened. I'm glad you're happy with your LC 500, I was looking for a sports car, not a touring GT. I bought my LC 500 sight unseen. I was the first to receive a LC at my dealership, May 15, 2017. I've owned several cars and 9 Lexus vehicles. I know how the car business works. I also got irritated with Lexus over the fuel pump recall when I couldn't drive my vehicle for 2 months. The dealer told me I would be the first to receive the parts when they were available. The dealers were installing the first available parts on their inventory vehicles and not taking care of loyal customers. I raised hell with Lexus central office and received my parts. I got into a shouting match with the GM at my dealership. They made it hard for me to get a rental car, wouldn't pick me up at the airport, had to ride a shuttle to the airport, take an Uber to the dealership, when I would return the rental, they wouldn't offer me a ride back to the airport to take a shuttle 120 miles back to my house. It didn't help that I was taking care of my 90 year old mother that was too sick to leave alone, she passed away in early May. You wouldn't think they would treat a long time customer like that who has been loyal to the brand with their highest priced vehicle. That's the whole story, good luck selling your vehicle to a private party for $95K, let us know how that works out.
I also bought the LC sight unseen as well sort of. I had just gone through GT-R hysteria from 2014-2017 with two R35's. However, I was ready for something fresh and innovative and something a with a lot more exclusivity than a Nissan that every teenager Youtube vlogger seems to have now LOL. I grew up around the import scene with the classic JDM cars like the NSX, RX-7, VR-4, Supra, Silvia S14/S15, 300ZX TT, Integra etc. etc.. As I have aged, I find that those cars that once had me in awe don't do it for me anymore 300-500hp isn't even in the game by today's standard's and the outdated interiors and manual transmissions are simply a thing of the past. It looks silly with a 45+ year old guy driving crazy modded GT-R or 25 year old Supra around with a racing livery around town. Talk about serious mid-life crisis..Ha! Most old guys buy the Vette or a Porsche for their mid-life crisis I bought two GT-R's.

I didn't do my homework on the LC either as most. When the recall hit for the fuel pumps, my dealer phoned me within a week to let me know the parts were in and that I needed to come in ASAP to have them change them out. I was given 2018 Lexus model SUV as a loaner no problems at all. In fact, I have had ZERO issues with my Lexus dealer they have bent over backwards for me and for frivolous things I need done to the car I'm never even charged. If you are ever in Phoenix, Arizona and need a highly reputable Lexus dealer go see Earnhardt Lexus on Camelback absolutely the best. As far as the brakes are concerned, a simple ceramic rotors and pad switch will give the car the real stopping power it needs from high speeds. Even just switching my pads made a difference. When I'm in the canyons I'm easily over 130+mph on the straights. What you fail to realize on my LC is that it's not stock like yours was. I have over $40K in it so asking for $10K over book isn't unreasonable for what I have. I have custom 3 piece carbon fiber wheels, Tom's full carbon aero kit, Bl intakes, Tom's Titan exhaust and PPE EL headers and mid-pipe going in on Wednesday. My LC will be around 530hp from its 471 factory output. To a private buyer and someone who really appreciates what Lexus has done with the LC and what I have done with it, I'm certain I can get what I would ask for it.
Old 10-29-18, 11:04 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

I also don't believe the LC 500 could keep up with a McLaren, I've watched videos where a 720S pulls away from a Corvette ZR1 which has 755 horsepower.
The LC 500 couldn't keep up with my GT3.
You can only go so fast through a turn before loss off traction occurs. The LC doesn't make enough torque to really break the wheels loose at the entry speeds in which a 720S would be entering hence why I was able to keep up through the turns as I was able to maintain some of my straight line speed for most of those turns. Also no turbo lag to get moving again out of the turn. ZR1 is slower than a 720S in a straight line because there is a 731 lb. difference in curb weight from the 720S and the ZR1. The ZR1 would be able to keep up in some canyons better than my LC did. Your Porsche would do even better than the ZR1 and the LC against a 720S in the canyons yes. We had a 718GTS out with us and that little beetle is on rails for being a 4 banger with 365hp.

Old 10-29-18, 11:59 AM
Craig B

The LC isn't a bad car, I was looking for a sports car, bought mine sight unseen. The service I received at Lexus of St. Louis was horrible.
The general manager treated me like crap and I've purchased 9 new Lexus vehicles from them. I had one of the first Acura NSX back in 1991.
it had 270 horsepower, was a great car in it's day. I've owned several cars. I never liked the infotainment system in the LC, it was too hard to
use. I do like a manual transmission. I do have the carbon composite ceramic brakes on my GT3. I have an IPE exhaust system with
stainless steel headers and titanium exhaust to cut down on weight. I have extra carbon fiber and the entire car is wrapped in paint protection
film. I'm not cutting the LC down like Tim said I was. Glad I didn't end up with the ZR1.
Old 10-29-18, 05:52 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

The LC isn't a bad car, I was looking for a sports car, bought mine sight unseen. The service I received at Lexus of St. Louis was horrible.
The general manager treated me like crap and I've purchased 9 new Lexus vehicles from them. I had one of the first Acura NSX back in 1991.
it had 270 horsepower, was a great car in it's day. I've owned several cars. I never liked the infotainment system in the LC, it was too hard to
use. I do like a manual transmission. I do have the carbon composite ceramic brakes on my GT3. I have an IPE exhaust system with
stainless steel headers and titanium exhaust to cut down on weight. I have extra carbon fiber and the entire car is wrapped in paint protection
film. I'm not cutting the LC down like Tim said I was. Glad I didn't end up with the ZR1.
I just don't think any of us will ever be happy with any car we buy. Technology is evolving so fast that every year there is something, cooler, faster and more reliable. It's really going to come down to 100% autonomous electric cars ran on Graphene batteries that will be faster than any combustion motor we've ever had. Even more disturbing is we eventually will all have a car that looks like jet fighters, so the days of modding might fizzle out to. Mini-vans will look like F18 fighters without wings that will have over 1,000 lb ft torque and a 600 mile range on one charge that will run 9 second 1/4 miles and a top speed of 200+mph I bet LOL GAME OVER!
Old 10-29-18, 07:25 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

This one just popped up today on FB. MSRP $105K. 7660 miles. Asking $85K. Fully loaded, all OEM/stock. Same as mine except for the $250 All-Weather Pkg (which only ships to cold-weather areas). I've seen some in the upper $70Ks, and some close to $90K, but low-mid $80K seems to be the nationwide average these days...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...03308403056742

Last edited by uchujin; 10-30-18 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-30-18, 07:43 AM
Craig B

I have a friend who has a Tesla P100D Model S. I got vertigo from riding in the passenger seat in Ludicrous mode. Maybe if I was driving, I wouldn't have?
Old 10-30-18, 07:58 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
You can only go so fast through a turn before loss off traction occurs. The LC doesn't make enough torque to really break the wheels loose at the entry speeds in which a 720S would be entering hence why I was able to keep up through the turns as I was able to maintain some of my straight line speed for most of those turns. Also no turbo lag to get moving again out of the turn. ZR1 is slower than a 720S in a straight line because there is a 731 lb. difference in curb weight from the 720S and the ZR1. The ZR1 would be able to keep up in some canyons better than my LC did. Your Porsche would do even better than the ZR1 and the LC against a 720S in the canyons yes. We had a 718GTS out with us and that little beetle is on rails for being a 4 banger with 365hp.
Just saying, in no way, shape, form or fashion will the LC500 (full bolt on or not) hang with the 720s.....in the canyons, desert, drag stripe, road course, highway, downtown, or whatever, lol. As a matter of fact, no car does that's less than $1million (straight line speed, showroom floor car/unmodded).
No downing the LC, yours is one of the better looking and performing examples, but still, no contest.

V.
Old 10-30-18, 09:03 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Just saying, in no way, shape, form or fashion will the LC500 (full bolt on or not) hang with the 720s.....in the canyons, desert, drag stripe, road course, highway, downtown, or whatever, lol. As a matter of fact, no car does that's less than $1million (straight line speed, showroom floor car/unmodded).
No downing the LC, yours is one of the better looking and performing examples, but still, no contest.

V.
My LC couldn't hang with my trade in. A 2016 Z51 Stingray.
Old 10-30-18, 09:06 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet

V.
No downing the 720s either, the right statement should be "no car costing less than XX hangs with the 720s when 720s/570 is functioning" I happen to know a few desperate mclaren owners. All their stories are pretty much the same. 1) very happy 2) headache 3) mistaken not to buy extended warranties 4) knowing all the repairing technicians. The most common expression from them: you only see me flying on the road. but you do not see me XXXXX (fill in blanks).

There are reasons why brands like Lexus comprise some performance. If you do not consider safety, reliability and nearly perfect engineering, any car brand can build high horse power/torque engine with turbo or supercharger. For example, ZR1, if engine is too bulging/big, then the hood does not have to cover it; if huge spoiler wing blocks the trunk, then please focus on how sexy the wing looks like and do not use the trunk.
I really don't think 720s is more "superior" than lc. Maybe I don't want to "hang" with 720s as I want to be safe and i hate tickets...
It is really just personal preference at the end of the day.

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 10-30-18 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-30-18, 07:26 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
No downing the 720s either, the right statement should be "no car costing less than XX hangs with the 720s when 720s/570 is functioning" I happen to know a few desperate mclaren owners. All their stories are pretty much the same. 1) very happy 2) headache 3) mistaken not to buy extended warranties 4) knowing all the repairing technicians. The most common expression from them: you only see me flying on the road. but you do not see me XXXXX (fill in blanks).

There are reasons why brands like Lexus comprise some performance. If you do not consider safety, reliability and nearly perfect engineering, any car brand can build high horse power/torque engine with turbo or supercharger. For example, ZR1, if engine is too bulging/big, then the hood does not have to cover it; if huge spoiler wing blocks the trunk, then please focus on how sexy the wing looks like and do not use the trunk.
I really don't think 720s is more "superior" than lc. Maybe I don't want to "hang" with 720s as I want to be safe and i hate tickets...
It is really just personal preference at the end of the day.
Very true. Partially why I'm anxious to see how far Lexus will push things with the LCF. Wondering how far things can be taken and still maintain reliability/safety. Can't wait to find out!!

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 12-28-18 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 12:44 PM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku

Here is your first link. This is a BASE model with active aero not the Performance Package model. Performance models have active aero, VGRS, active rear steering, carbon roof, carbon door sills, Levinson stereo surround, color HUD, alcantera headliner, seats and dash, 21" wheels etc. etc..
With all respect, this LC 500 located in Fort Lauderdale, FL DOES have the PERFORMANCE package. My Lexus dealership in Tampa, FL tried to sell me that one since the dealerships are part of Autonation. Also, the current 2018 build outs are not that customizable as other Lexus. If you do see a 2018 Lexus LC 500 with an active aero (spoiler), it will have the performance package. You have to order the performance package to get the active spoiler.

There aren't many options to add on this car at the moment. After looking at 50+ LC 500s, I have yet to find one LC 500 without the Mark Levinson surround and the color HUD. Mainly the differences are between the Performance Package VS Sports Package VS Touring Package. You can tell by seat design if the car is Touring or not.

I've been researching this car every day for over three months and I'm almost to the point where I don't want to buy it, haha. =)

Last edited by shirosan; 10-31-18 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Depreciation and Resale Value?