LC Model (2018-present)

Depreciation and Resale Value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-18, 01:01 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Craig B, which paint protection film did you have your Porsche wrapped in?
Old 11-01-18, 03:15 AM
Walloon
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually I have had my atomic silver, red interior with performance pack since May . The car and color attracts more attention than any car I have owned . Previously submitted pics with carbon mirrors. I have had offers to buy and several people express shock at the retail price saying they thought it was at least 200k! A number of people made comments about buying an LC instead of a vette. Two different cars but those were the comments. Aston’s depreciate a lot , they just cost more . I bought my LC instead of an Aston and have never looked back. Much more value for the money and it gets a lot more attention. Still thinking about a Huracan but I can drive my LC everyday and have made 1400 mile trips with it .
The following users liked this post:
Zeitaku (11-02-18)
Old 11-01-18, 03:37 AM
Walloon
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Toms exhaust on mine so it’s in loud mode all the time . You can hear it a mile away and no one has ever complained about it being excessive inside. One thing I like about it is that it doesn’ Require as much concentration to drive fast . On my country roads I can just put the pedal down. Awesome brakes. My other cars with 600hp and old 911s are fun when you are willing to commit 100%
Old 11-01-18, 08:18 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Walloon
Actually I have had my atomic silver, red interior with performance pack since May . The car and color attracts more attention than any car I have owned . Previously submitted pics with carbon mirrors. I have had offers to buy and several people express shock at the retail price saying they thought it was at least 200k! A number of people made comments about buying an LC instead of a vette. Two different cars but those were the comments. Aston’s depreciate a lot , they just cost more . I bought my LC instead of an Aston and have never looked back. Much more value for the money and it gets a lot more attention. Still thinking about a Huracan but I can drive my LC everyday and have made 1400 mile trips with it .
I have both. They compliment each other well. The LC almost gets the same amount of attention as the Huracan.
Old 11-01-18, 09:08 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PCW
Craig B, which paint protection film did you have your Porsche wrapped in?
Suntek 8mm self healing

Last edited by Craig B; 11-01-18 at 01:01 PM.
PCW (11-04-18)
Old 11-02-18, 08:27 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
LOL! This is my 3rd Porsche. You want to call it a Beetle when it will outrun your LC in every category?
You're on a Lexus Forum, you're a forum moderator and now you want to begin calling out LC's with your new beetle? Ha! Go easy mang.
Old 11-02-18, 08:43 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Just saying, in no way, shape, form or fashion will the LC500 (full bolt on or not) hang with the 720s.....in the canyons, desert, drag stripe, road course, highway, downtown, or whatever, lol. As a matter of fact, no car does that's less than $1million (straight line speed, showroom floor car/unmodded).
No downing the LC, yours is one of the better looking and performing examples, but still, no contest.

V.
I have no reason or time to come on a public forum and fabricate or exaggerate real life driving experiences especially, when many McLarens owners can corroborate how well the LC did in the pack. 17 people were on last Sunday's McLaren cruise. 6 McLaren owners, 1 720S of which was in front of me and 1 720S which was behind me that will disagree with your opinion here. I also had a very pessimistic passenger riding along with me during the cruise who witnessed the capabilities of the LC when pushed hard who is quite difficult to impress at all. He could not believe himself how the hell the LC was right there in the corners with these Macs. More importantly I have it all on video too from the windshield's interior mounted GoPro. Kind of hard to dispute with empirical evidence don't you think? I never claimed to have beat any of these cars in my post just so that is very clear. I simply stated that I was able to keep up quite well in the turns, and I did indeed.
JONPRON (03-25-19)
Old 11-02-18, 08:53 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Walloon
I have a Toms exhaust on mine so it’s in loud mode all the time . You can hear it a mile away and no one has ever complained about it being excessive inside. One thing I like about it is that it doesn’ Require as much concentration to drive fast . On my country roads I can just put the pedal down. Awesome brakes. My other cars with 600hp and old 911s are fun when you are willing to commit 100%
Great feedback and I am of the same opinion as you on this. My LC goes on the dyno again today as I just had the new PPE headers and mid-pipe installed, and I also have the Tom's Titan exhaust as well as the Boost Logic intakes. I think the LC with 550-600 crank hp and 500 lb ft would be the sweet spot for the weight. I have owned Ferrari and Porsche and have owned cars with 600-1000hp and the LC is simply balanced in all categories and not just a one trick pony like so many of these FI cars these days. I think we are getting away from true driving experiences and are becoming more concerned about numbers. The LC is so refined and the quality of the craftsmanship is superior to even those exotics that are well over $400K tags.
Old 11-02-18, 09:08 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Great feedback and I am of the same opinion as you on this. My LC goes on the dyno again today as I just had the new PPE headers and mid-pipe installed, and I also have the Tom's Titan exhaust as well as the Boost Logic intakes. I think the LC with 550-600 crank hp and 500 lb ft would be the sweet spot for the weight. I have owned Ferrari and Porsche and have owned cars with 600-1000hp and the LC is simply balanced in all categories and not just a one trick pony like so many of these FI cars these days. I think we are getting away from true driving experiences and are becoming more concerned about numbers. The LC is so refined and the quality of the craftsmanship is superior to even those exotics that are well over $400K tags.
You've owned Porsche vehicles and are calling them Bugs? Whatever, as long as you're having fun and enjoy your car, who cares...
Old 11-23-18, 07:40 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

If you want to know the depreciation on the LC500, just take a look at the RC F. I'm sure the LC500 will follow suit. I owe more on my RC F than it's worth right now. But I still ordered myself a new 2019 RC F. It should be here in 4 months. I want a new one regardless of the loss involved...

Rarity also doesn't affect value. I've seen even fewer RC F in the last 4 years than I've seen of the LC500 in 2018. So if rarity makes a car more valuable then the RC F should have less depreciation, correct? The reason for the depreciation is because they are hard to resell.

Cars are not an investment. You pay to ride. If you want an investment then buy real estate.
Old 12-27-18, 02:59 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
If you want to know the depreciation on the LC500, just take a look at the RC F. I'm sure the LC500 will follow suit. I owe more on my RC F than it's worth right now. But I still ordered myself a new 2019 RC F. It should be here in 4 months. I want a new one regardless of the loss involved...

Rarity also doesn't affect value. I've seen even fewer RC F in the last 4 years than I've seen of the LC500 in 2018. So if rarity makes a car more valuable then the RC F should have less depreciation, correct? The reason for the depreciation is because they are hard to resell.

Cars are not an investment. You pay to ride. If you want an investment then buy real estate.
I concur... I have own a number coupes and they simply don't hold their value.
I test drove two 2018 LC500 on last week at Lexus of Annapolis. Both cars were in the 70's with less than 9k miles. Sorry to the guy that post earlier but it's no way in H your going to get 95k for your LC500 at the dealership no matter what package you have installed.
Next year your car is going to be worth 65k or less.

Last edited by rogers2; 12-27-18 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-27-18, 07:17 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Prices on preowned lc’s continue to drop. Car Gurus now shows 88 used lc 500’s for sale. There are 33 offered for under $80k!
Old 12-29-18, 09:11 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by ECL
Prices on preowned lc’s continue to drop. Car Gurus now shows 88 used lc 500’s for sale. There are 33 offered for under $80k!
The local BMW dealer has my performance package with 3200 miles asking $83K
Old 12-29-18, 03:48 PM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Craig B
LOL! This is my 3rd Porsche. You want to call it a Beetle when it will outrun your LC in every category?
clublexus Moderator, really?
Zeitaku (01-01-19)
Old 01-02-19, 07:08 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Really! The guy is just being honest. Despite the subpar numbers... I still think the LC500 is a beautiful car.....

Quick Reply: Depreciation and Resale Value?