LC Model (2018-present)

Depreciation and Resale Value?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-19, 12:39 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ttantioch
I am actively looking for 2019 lc500 which has a bespoke white interior. Your numbers are a very valuable pricing data. Thanks!

I search on some website saying that 104k MSRP lc500 has an invoice price of 94k something, how can they going down that much below invoice price to 88k? Dont get me wrong, I do hope your numbers are correct, just curious whether dealer is losing money on selling new lc500 and why would they do that, since that number look insane even given the lc500 sales data is only 1/4 of its expectation
to be fair i've primarily been looking at cars with an MSRP of 100k or 101k. the only option i'm interesting in is the HUD and i really prefer the base seats, i think they're much more comfortable. that eliminates maybe 75% of the cars out there. the outlier has been the yellow ones. i posted something on this thread a couple of weeks ago about a CA dealer advertising one for 136k i think. that included 20k of "market adjustment" as i recall. crazy.
Old 05-05-19, 12:41 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hoonose
@ about $89K OTD my dealer did not seem upset.
"OTD"? you mean 89k including TTL for a new 2019? well done.
Old 05-05-19, 01:12 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by uclabrruin
From the start I let the sales people and dealer know I only care what my total cost is out the door. I don't want to hear about the cost of any add ons (other than the options I want), taxes, license or fees. There actually was another '$2K' of dealer installed adds. So the car's sticker was at $103K. Hard to see, but at least looks like, Zaktek, paint protection package, nitrogen, door edge guards,door handle guards, skylink.
Old 05-05-19, 01:16 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

From the start I let the sales people and dealer know I only care what my total cost is out the door. I don't want to hear about the cost of any add ons (other than the options I want), taxes, license or fees. There actually was another '$2K' of dealer installed adds. So the car's sticker was at $103K. Hard to see, but at least looks like, Zaktek, paint protection package, nitrogen, door edge guards,door handle guards, skylink.
mind if i ask what dealer this was? i see you're in AZ. chandler lexus has had pretty decent reductions.
Old 05-05-19, 01:33 PM
ttantioch
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

if the info you get from dealers that the settle price of a MSRP 101k is 85-88k, than with a 9% tax and 5k incentive, 89k OTD seems approachable. What are other packages you like?
Old 05-05-19, 01:36 PM
ttantioch
Driver

@ about $89K OTD my dealer did not seem upset.
I guess your trade-in vette gave them some profit, so they were willing to give up some money. BTW, how do you like it? Anything you did not know and you do not like it?
Old 05-05-19, 01:53 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

if the info you get from dealers that the settle price of a MSRP 101k is 85-88k, than with a 9% tax and 5k incentive, 89k OTD seems approachable. What are other packages you like?
the base seats are the most important thing to me, i don't like the bolstering on the sport ones. must have the HUD, it's awesome. i'd prefer the LSD, which you can get without the performance package. re: the performance package, i've driven them with and without and i'm ambivalent. seems kind of pricey for an incremental difference IMO. also, if ANYTHING is gonna break and be a fortune to fix someday, i bet it would be the rear wheel steering assist...

i've been cross shopping with a Jaguar F Type R, which i love, as a recent Jaguar owner, and an RCF. the LC 500 is in a tough spot because it doesn't perform like similarly priced cars. The RCF has the same engine, same performance and more room. it's many thousands cheaper. i love the looks of the LC 500 (which are polarizing), but it's a steep increase for aesthetics. there are so many good cars that could be had for less, M4, cayman, c63 AMG....i have an RX350 and i'd love to buy another new lexus, but some dealer is going to have to make it worth my while.
Old 05-05-19, 02:02 PM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

i've been cross shopping with a Jaguar F Type R, which i love, as a recent Jaguar owner, and an RCF. the LC 500 is in a tough spot because it doesn't perform like similarly priced cars. The RCF has the same engine, same performance and more room. it's many thousands cheaper. i love the looks of the LC 500 (which are polarizing), but it's a steep increase for aesthetics. there are so many good cars that could be had for less, M4, cayman, c63 AMG....i have an RX350 and i'd love to buy another new lexus, but some dealer is going to have to make it worth my while.
In my opinion, going or not going for the LC clearly shouldn't be the head scratcher you've made it out to be. Probably best that you look elsewhere.
Old 05-05-19, 02:07 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

mind if i ask what dealer this was? i see you're in AZ. chandler lexus has had pretty decent reductions.
Superstition Springs.
The following users liked this post:
uclabrruin (05-05-19)
Old 05-05-19, 02:11 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Superstition Springs.
great, thank you
Old 05-05-19, 02:15 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

I guess your trade-in vette gave them some profit, so they were willing to give up some money. BTW, how do you like it? Anything you did not know and you do not like it?
One of my best friends sells used cars, and I've bought a bunch through the years from him. He couldn't match the dealer trade, figuring they might get more for the car in the big city. We're from Havasu.

I miss the auto exit seat. I don't like the car turning off when you open the door after a remote start. I was surprised that the trunk doesn't have auto close. The track pad is more trouble than its worth. I miss not having a front camera or birds eye view for parking. The lack of a front camera is probably my only important complaint, the trackpad second.
Old 05-05-19, 02:23 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

the base seats are the most important thing to me, i don't like the bolstering on the sport ones. must have the HUD, it's awesome. i'd prefer the LSD, which you can get without the performance package. re: the performance package, i've driven them with and without and i'm ambivalent. seems kind of pricey for an incremental difference IMO. also, if ANYTHING is gonna break and be a fortune to fix someday, i bet it would be the rear wheel steering assist...

If it wasn't for the aesthetics, I wouldn't own this car. Almost all else is secondary. I agree with you on the seats and opted out of the performance package. I got, but didn't want HUD. I rarely ever used them on my C6 and 7 Vettes, except for top speed runs. I forget if my C5 had it. The Vettes do it better. For some reason my HUD doesn't project well to my right eye and there is no horizontal adjustment.
Old 05-05-19, 03:01 PM
ttantioch
Driver

One of my best friends sells used cars, and I've bought a bunch through the years from him. He couldn't match the dealer trade, figuring they might get more for the car in the big city. We're from Havasu.

I miss the auto exit seat. I don't like the car turning off when you open the door after a remote start. I was surprised that the trunk doesn't have auto close. The track pad is more trouble than its worth. I miss not having a front camera or birds eye view for parking. The lack of a front camera is probably my only important complaint, the trackpad second.
The parking assist and blinkspot package is something I must have.
Old 05-05-19, 03:08 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

The parking assist and blinkspot package is something I must have.
I've got them. The front assist/warning is not reliable enough for curbs.
Old 05-06-19, 10:10 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
At least here, the $5000 incentive is on the 2019 models. The 2018’s, of which there are still plenty, have $7000 on the hood.
Lexus has increased the cash rebate on 2018 LC500's to $10,000. According to cars.com. there are still 57 new 2018 LC500's for sale.The cash back on 2019 models is still $5000.