LC Model (2018-present)

Weird Navi/Audio silence

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 05:06 AM
RCFun
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Weird Navi/Audio silence

I may have a bug, but has anyone else experienced this: Not all the time, but usually after a lengthy phone call via Bluetooth, once the call ends, I have ZERO sound coming from the audio/Nav system. Meaning no radio, no directions, no "beep" from the buttons, no sounds whatsoever. The volume is turned up, but that shouldn't effect the button noise. I've tried disconnecting the bluetooth, turning the system on and off, and the only way i can resolve it is to turn the car off and then back on.

Any Ideas? Or is this a dealer question at next service
Old 07-25-18, 06:09 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Same EXACT thing happened to me after a phone call. I couldn't figure out how to resume audio, so I parked, turned the car off, and things were restored when re-starting.
Old 07-25-18, 06:38 AM
RCFun
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
Same EXACT thing happened to me after a phone call. I couldn't figure out how to resume audio, so I parked, turned the car off, and things were restored when re-starting.
Have you talked to anyone about this at a dealership? Glad to hear it's not just me. It happens to me once every couple weeks. I'm at 2800 miles and it doesn't bother me enough to go in until my 5k service.
Old 07-25-18, 06:44 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Your post reminded me - I just fired off an email to my service guy with a link to this thread. I've made many Bluetooth calls with no issues, but typically I don't have Nav active. The one time it happened to me, I had Nav active, so maybe it's related to using Bluetooth while Nav is active(?). It was definitely frustrating at the time.
Old 07-25-18, 07:08 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I've had that happen a few times, there were also instances where the infotainment just froze up altogether. If you hold down the button on the inside the volume **** on the centre console for a few seconds, you can force the system to reboot without having to turn off the car. The infotainment does a couple of funny things in general, like randomly stopping playback of an album I selected and continuing with whatever artist is listed at the top alphabetically.
Old 07-25-18, 07:50 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hoppean
If you hold down the button on the inside the volume **** on the centre console for a few seconds, you can force the system to reboot without having to turn off the car.
This is good to know. Thanks!

My service guy just replied. He's aware of this and other similar issues, and he relayed that - typically firmware updates correct issues like these. I guess, keeping infotainment system and cell phone firmware in sync, so they play nice together, has proven to be a challenge across the industry. I have noticed my system prompt me to allow updates a few times (which I've done). Not sure how this may be different from updates the dealer can perform(?), but my service guy said he would check for updates next time I visit.

Related comment: I've noticed my Toyota Sienna infotainment system freeze up before while driving. It rebooted itself and returned back to normal.

Last edited by uchujin; 07-25-18 at 08:15 AM.