BiG BoLD and BeAuTiFuL. Front 295/30/22 Rear 335/25/22 - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LC Model (2018)
BiG BoLD and BeAuTiFuL.      Front 295/30/22 Rear 335/25/22 >

BiG BoLD and BeAuTiFuL. Front 295/30/22 Rear 335/25/22

Notices
LC Model (2018)

BiG BoLD and BeAuTiFuL. Front 295/30/22 Rear 335/25/22

Old 12-16-18, 07:54 AM
  #16  
guanche2k9
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 134
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by anchaf3 View Post
long time viewer first time poster. I recently purchased new wheels and tires. I went with 21x9.5 et 17 wheels with 275/35/21 tires on the front and 21x11 et 23 with 315/30/21 on the rear. I determined that this set up would work based on my own measurements and using wheel offset calculators online. The fit was excellent. Fender and strut clearance is not an issue. I have not felt or visualized any evidence of rubbing. In fact, when viewing the car from the underside when it was on the car lift, there was still nearly 3/4" more strut clearance with this set up. I regret not getting 21x11.5" on the rear and going 325/30/21 or bigger.
Thanks for the feedback - it's comforting to know that. If you don't mind me asking, what tires did you go with (as I'm having issues finding options for 265 front and 305 rear with the 21's)?
guanche2k9 is offline  
Old 12-16-18, 07:59 AM
  #17  
anchaf3
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: KY
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by guanche2k9 View Post
Thanks for the feedback - it's comforting to know that. If you don't mind me asking, what tires did you go with (as I'm having issues finding options for 265 front and 305 rear with the 21's)?
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
anchaf3 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to anchaf3 For This Useful Post:
guanche2k9 (12-17-18)
Old 12-16-18, 10:11 AM
  #18  
flowrider
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
flowrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,085
Thanked 338 Times in 285 Posts
Default

^^^^The sizes guanche2k9 chose are a better fit for the LC500. They are very close to the OD of the stock tires. No 265 or 305 tire comes close to the stock OD. Of course with either choice you would need new wheels. The stock wheels are only 8" and 9" wide front to rear. This is narrower than the 19" wheels on the RCF or the GSF. Stock front tire cross section is also smaller than the RCF or GSF. The stock wheel & tire choice made by Lexus for the LC has confused me from the start

Lou
flowrider is offline  
Old 01-11-19, 04:40 PM
  #19  
guanche2k9
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 134
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

So I finally ordered my custom wheels - 21 x 9.5 front and 21 x 11.5 rear. This was all based on the fitment measurements that the wheel manufacturer came up with. We are fitting the wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4: 275/35/21 front and 325/30/21 as per the wheel manufacturer's recommendation.

Hope it works out well!!!
guanche2k9 is offline  
Old 01-11-19, 08:31 PM
  #20  
anchaf3
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: KY
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by guanche2k9 View Post
So I finally ordered my custom wheels - 21 x 9.5 front and 21 x 11.5 rear. This was all based on the fitment measurements that the wheel manufacturer came up with. We are fitting the wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4: 275/35/21 front and 325/30/21 as per the wheel manufacturer's recommendation.

Hope it works out well!!!
What offset did you go with?
anchaf3 is online now  
Old 01-12-19, 07:18 AM
  #21  
guanche2k9
Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 134
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by anchaf3 View Post
What offset did you go with?
21x9.5" +17

21x11.5" +32

guanche2k9 is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 08:52 AM
  #22  
uchujin
Pole Position
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MA
Posts: 357
Thanked 64 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by guanche2k9 View Post
So I finally ordered my custom wheels - 21 x 9.5 front and 21 x 11.5 rear. This was all based on the fitment measurements that the wheel manufacturer came up with. We are fitting the wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4: 275/35/21 front and 325/30/21 as per the wheel manufacturer's recommendation.

Hope it works out well!!!
What vendor did you go with? I like what they did with the wheel and tire sizes. They chose to go with a wider setup on the stock 21" wheel diameter. The overall tire diameter is basically the same as stock (28.5" - 28.7"), but you're getting an extra inch of tire width on the front and about 2.5" extra on the rear. Nice! I decided not to go that route because I wanted to stay with run-flats. What's your plan for dealing with a potential flat? Carry tire sealant maybe?

BTW, the offsets you posted seem off. You might want to double-check on those. Most wheel shops don't like to disclose their offsets, so that may be the reason. Factory offsets are +25mm F & R. Your posted +17 on the front seems to make sense - which would bring the fronts outward by 8mm. But the +32 you posted for the rears would actually bring the rears inward by 7mm. Doesn't sound right to me even with the wider rear tires. For reference, my Vossens with the stock size 21" tires are +1 front and +6 rear.
uchujin is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 09:56 AM
  #23  
anchaf3
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: KY
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by uchujin View Post
What vendor did you go with? I like what they did with the wheel and tire sizes. They chose to go with a wider setup on the stock 21" wheel diameter. The overall tire diameter is basically the same as stock (28.5" - 28.7"), but you're getting an extra inch of tire width on the front and about 2.5" extra on the rear. Nice! I decided not to go that route because I wanted to stay with run-flats. What's your plan for dealing with a potential flat? Carry tire sealant maybe?

BTW, the offsets you posted seem off. You might want to double-check on those. Most wheel shops don't like to disclose their offsets, so that may be the reason. Factory offsets are +25mm F & R. Your posted +17 on the front seems to make sense - which would bring the fronts outward by 8mm. But the +32 you posted for the rears would actually bring the rears inward by 7mm. Doesn't sound right to me even with the wider rear tires. For reference, my Vossens with the stock size 21" tires are +1 front and +6 rear.
I run 21x9.5 +17 on the front with a 275/35zr21 tire as well. My rear wheel is 21x11 +23. I am running a 315/30zr21 tire. +32 does seem a little odd.
anchaf3 is online now  
Old 01-12-19, 09:59 AM
  #24  
edko207
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nice wheels & tires combination. I’m thinking of changing my tires & wheels.
I will definitely consider looking in to this to purchase.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.
edko207 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BiG BoLD and BeAuTiFuL. Front 295/30/22 Rear 335/25/22


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: