LC Model (2018-present)

Lexus Will Give You $5,000 If You Buy an LC This Month

Old 07-16-18, 07:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Lexus Will Give You $5,000 If You Buy an LC This Month

http://www.thedrive.com/news/22182/l...-lc-this-month

Those in the market for a luxury coupe can expect to save few bucks if they go the Lexus route and snag themselves an LC by the end of this month.

Discovered by the folks over at CarsDirect, Lexus is apparently offering a $5,000 cash discount on the LC coupe until the end of July. Those looking to lease are eligible for a $4,000 deduction. This being an unadvertised dealer incentive, whether or not it's offered to the customer is at the discretion of the dealer.

With the LC 500 and its LC 500h hybrid variant starting at $92,000 and $96,510, respectively, the deal represents an approximate 5 percent discount. It's not exactly door-crashing stuff, but perhaps it's enough to get buyers who were previously on the fence into a Lexus this summer.

Taking a peek at parent company Toyota's most recent sales report, LC sales have indeed appeared to have slowed down. In the month of June, Lexus moved just 161 LCs. In the same month last year, the company sold 423.

The LC 500 is powered by a 471-horsepower, 5.0-liter, naturally-aspirated V-8—one of the last of its kind. The LC 500h, meanwhile, comes with a 3.5-liter V-6 coupled to an EV-mode-enabled electric motor making 354 combined horsepower. A 620-horsepower, turbocharged LC F is also said to be in the works.

When The Drive's Kyle Cheromcha drove the 500 earlier this year, he called it, among other things, "an amazing machine, a triumph of futurism, and a testament to progress." I think we can add "a pretty decent deal" to that list of descriptors...until the end of the month, at least
Old 07-16-18, 02:16 PM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking at the slumping sales for the LC (already), I'm starting to feel that the resale value for used ones will be sweeeeet for the sellers in a few years..
Old 08-08-18, 09:08 PM
Ajesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if this continued or changed into August? Thanks
Old 08-09-18, 12:13 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Not atypical this time of year. According to my dealer, they're offering $4k on both the ES and the GX.
Old 08-09-18, 05:26 PM
pL86
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajesh
Does anyone know if this continued or changed into August? Thanks
I don't have a confirmation from a dealer but if you use the Costco auto search tool and configure an LC 500, which you can do without being a member, there is a note in the rebate & incentives section that says "Manufacturer to Dealer $5000 Cash to Dealer Valid 8/1/2018 - 9/4/2018." So it seems like it has been extended through Labor Day.
Old 08-09-18, 05:37 PM
Ajesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pL86
I don't have a confirmation from a dealer but if you use the Costco auto search tool and configure an LC 500, which you can do without being a member, there is a note in the rebate & incentives section that says "Manufacturer to Dealer $5000 Cash to Dealer Valid 8/1/2018 - 9/4/2018." So it seems like it has been extended through Labor Day.
JDR76 and pL86 thanks to you both for your posts. I am a Costco member so will investigate further. Had a bad experience with local dealer yesterday. They had advertised a new LC500h on their website, get there and turns out it is used with 4K miles and they are still quoting me the full MSRP price on it. Ajay
Old 08-10-18, 12:47 PM
pL86
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

JDR76 and pL86 thanks to you both for your posts. I am a Costco member so will investigate further. Had a bad experience with local dealer yesterday. They had advertised a new LC500h on their website, get there and turns out it is used with 4K miles and they are still quoting me the full MSRP price on it. Ajay
Sorry to hear about the bait and switch. Hopefully you'll find another dealer who doesn't engage in such tactics. I just spoke to a dealer rep who confirmed that the $5000 dealer cash is still ongoing.
Old 08-13-18, 05:32 AM
Michael3UZ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The odd styling is probably putting potential buyers off, there's so many better looking V8 coupes in the market, and they nearly all come with twin turbos if you need the extra speed.
Old 08-14-18, 02:35 PM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 464 Likes on 249 Posts

Odd styling?????

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My eyes say the LC is GORGEOUS!

Old 08-15-18, 12:55 PM
docboy
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
Looking at the slumping sales for the LC (already), I'm starting to feel that the resale value for used ones will be sweeeeet for the sellers in a few years..
Depreciation is our friend. Wait a few years, and I'll snag a low mileage 5yr old LC for 40k
Old 08-15-18, 02:17 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael3UZ
The odd styling is probably putting potential buyers off, there's so many better looking V8 coupes in the market, and they nearly all come with twin turbos if you need the extra speed.
Odd point of view considering that universally the LC has been praised for it's ridiculous good looks... but everyone can have their own opinion, yours may just not be the correct one.
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (10-14-18)
Old 08-15-18, 04:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Yea you're gong completely against the grain on this one buddy. The LC is known specifically for its good looks and especially at the 100k price range, nothing looks nearly as good.
Old 08-15-18, 05:15 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Ummm no. If anything, it was selling on styling alone. For $100k, looks will only get you so far when everyone else is pretty much blowing you out of the water in power and performance at the same or slightly higher price point.
Old 08-15-18, 05:16 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

$5k is not really that much considering they are offering $4k on a GX
Old 08-17-18, 09:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

That's why there's 31 flavors (of course there's definitely more) of ice cream. That's ok. Not everyone likes sherbet, neapolitan , or plain ' ol vanilla

For the sake of conversation, which one do you like better than the LC in this V8 coupe category?

If they advertised it as "new" and it turns out to be used, that's false advertisement.
Which dealer was this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Will Give You $5,000 If You Buy an LC This Month