LC Model (2018-present)

Customizing Vehicle Settings by Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 09:31 AM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Customizing Vehicle Settings by Dealer

I'm about ready to bring mine in for the first service and will request the following vehicle settings be customized by the dealer:

1. POWER WINDOW – Wireless remote control linked operation (open only) - CHANGE TO ON. (Ability to open windows with fob)

2. REVERSE WARNING BUZZER – Signal (buzzer) when shift position is in R – CHANGE TO SINGLE (Eliminate continuous BEEPS while in reverse.)

Any members have other settings changed that can only be done by the dealer?
Old 06-20-18, 04:17 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had the soft blinker setting changed to 5 instead of 3. Also I have had the reverse warning beep changed to single... Just be aware of when you do this because you can easily forget its in reverse esp if you arent paying attention to your backup camera.
Old 06-20-18, 05:26 PM
Oilman
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

A few months ago someone posted a link to five pages worth of options you can have set by the dealer. I filled mine all out before my car arrived from Japan and gave them to the dealer so he could set them all to my preferences before I took delivery.
Old 06-20-18, 05:48 PM
satyrday
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Besides power windows open using wireless remote, I had dealer set power windows to open and close using the mechanical key. It's a bit tricky to to use the key but it works just fine.
Old 06-20-18, 07:54 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

oilman,

You are absolutely correct. When I did a search for this I didn't notice there were multiple page results.

I think they are all listed in the manual, but here is the official PDF of the functions that can be changed:

https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...navigation.pdf

walkedu,

Famous last words, but I've never had a vehicle that had multiple beeps when it's in reverse, so I don't think that's going to be an issue.

I'm still going to go with the two I listed in the OP.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 06-21-18, 06:50 AM
gvd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys, my LC should be delivered this tuesday and have also printed out the dealership only programmable options. like OP i have the power window and reverse buzzer on my checklist, but my primary concern is the side mirror fold/extend options as my current garage narrower than i'd prefer and from what i've seen the widest part of the car seems to be at the side mirrors. it appears factory default for the mirrors to fold based on driver's preference when shifting in reverse, in addition to automatically folding when the door is locked, can anyone confirm? i imagine a folding option in any other situation would be deemed unsafe, but it would be nice to have that option as well. thanks
Old 06-21-18, 08:08 AM
BobBass
Pole Position

gvd,

I think you may be mixing up the mirror FOLD IN with the TILT DOWN in reverse function.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think the TILT DOWN IN REVERSE is standard.

The FOLD IN when locking is standard and the dealer can program them to fold when you shut the engine off.

My garage is also narrow, and my "gauge" for if I'm lined up well to enter IS that exterior right-hand mirror. In my application, I wouldn't want it to fold before entering the garage because I know if the mirror clears, I don't have to worry about the WIDE rear fenders scraping against the doorjamb. I've been using that method for umpteen years with all my vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
gvd (06-21-18)
Old 06-22-18, 11:45 PM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BobBass
I'm about ready to bring mine in for the first service and will request the following vehicle settings be customized by the dealer:

1. POWER WINDOW – Wireless remote control linked operation (open only) - CHANGE TO ON. (Ability to open windows with fob)

2. REVERSE WARNING BUZZER – Signal (buzzer) when shift position is in R – CHANGE TO SINGLE (Eliminate continuous BEEPS while in reverse.)

Those are the same as I had them program before taking delivery. VERY glad I did.
Old 06-23-18, 05:25 AM
scoresman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know why Lexus decided to make certain settings only customizable by a dealer?
Old 06-23-18, 05:53 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts

Settings that I've changed at the dealer:

1) Close Windows with Mechanical Key - Turning the key right and holding the position for 2 seconds will close the windows = On

2) Open Windows with Mechanical Key - Turning the key left and holding the position for 2 seconds will open the windows = On

3) Open Windows with Electronic Key - When pressing the unlock button on the electronic key for 3 seconds: All the windows will open = On

4) Driver Seat Belt Reminder - The driver seat belt reminder will not beep = Off

5) Passenger Seat Belt Reminder - The passenger seat belt reminder will not beep = Off

6) Reverse Beep Alert - The alert will beep once = Off
Old 06-23-18, 09:50 AM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The FOLD IN when locking is standard and the dealer can program them to fold when you shut the engine off.
Oh... I didn't know this was something that could be changed. Thank you. That will definitely happen on my next dealer visit.
My side mirrors formerly tilted downwards when I was backing up. Then, when the dealer turned off the multiple-beep reverse sounds, when I got the car back home I realized the side mirrors no longer tilted downwards when I was backing up. So perhaps he took creative license with all sorts of stuff. Goin' back in.
Old 06-23-18, 01:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Is your left/right mirror adjustment switch in the middle position?

Lou
Old 06-23-18, 04:15 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Thorne,

My side mirrors formerly tilted downwards when I was backing up. Then, when the dealer turned off the multiple-beep reverse sounds, when I got the car back home I realized the side mirrors no longer tilted downwards when I was backing up. So perhaps he took creative license with all sorts of stuff. Goin' back in.
Geez, I wonder if that changes when they remove the multiple reverse beeps.

Anybody who's had this done, did you "lose" the tilt-down in reverse feature?
Old 06-23-18, 04:17 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts

Thorne,

Geez, I wonder if that changes when they remove the multiple reverse beeps.

Anybody who's had this done, did you "lose" the tilt-down in reverse feature?
I had my reverse beep changed to one beep, and still have my tilt-down on my side views.
Old 06-24-18, 04:20 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scoresman
Does anybody know why Lexus decided to make certain settings only customizable by a dealer?
Because some settings require programming in the vehicle control module with the use of proprietary software through the OBD connector.

Quick Reply: Customizing Vehicle Settings by Dealer