LC Model (2018-present)

Lexus Survey responses

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-18, 01:08 PM
madmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had mine since Friday the 13th of April.....agree with the HUD comments....if you sit off center at all (leaning on centre armrest) you will not see the right part of the HUD display with your right eye (only see it with your left)......you are forced to sit up straight.....on my X6 the viewing range on the window is way bigger and you can sit off center........that said, I really enjoy the car......I bought a RC F in December 2017, and had under 2000 miles on it, and got buyers remorse and wished I had paid extra for the LC......I traded it in and got the LC......lost approx $10K on the RC F, but got about $12K off the LC500......so kind of a wash........Caviar with Red Leather.......Will say I spent a bit of time looking for the parking break!!! Found it under the auto start button......but putting the car in Park I think automatically puts on the break.....anyway,. I love having something different and unique on the roads.......way too many Beemers, Porsches etc.......LC stands out from the crowd!
Old 08-02-18, 06:07 PM
nodeal
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

USB input
Shuffle function plays the same ~30 songs over and over again, from a collection of many thousands of tracks.
Small update: "SEEK TRACK" is the label on the control switch used to navigate to the next or previous song in the playlist. Today I discovered that if you simply press seek down before seeking up to go to the next song, the next song it chooses will be very random. It will select something from the entire playlist instead of playing one of the same 30 tracks again.
Old 08-03-18, 12:33 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeal
Small update: "SEEK TRACK" is the label on the control switch used to navigate to the next or previous song in the playlist. Today I discovered that if you simply press seek down before seeking up to go to the next song, the next song it chooses will be very random. It will select something from the entire playlist instead of playing one of the same 30 tracks again.
Makes NO difference if you skip tracks or let them play thru. I did a test USB with 10 tracks. ie. Using skip button played track 2 three times before it even played track 6.
Old 08-04-18, 01:24 PM
nodeal
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Makes NO difference if you skip tracks or let them play thru. I did a test USB with 10 tracks. ie. Using skip button played track 2 three times before it even played track 6.
I don't know what you mean by skipping tracks. If that means moving the rocker switch up once, this is not the method I described. I have only tested my workaround with thousands of tracks.
Old 08-04-18, 02:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by nodeal
I don't know what you mean by skipping tracks. If that means moving the rocker switch up once, this is not the method I described. I have only tested my workaround with thousands of tracks.
it’s nit very random. I guess that depends on ones definition of random (playing each track at random only once
before it ever gets played again). Some people think random is every track having equal chance of being played next (even if it’s just been played). I’d encourage you to make note of the sequence of track numbers played. There’s a definite pattern that is NOT uniformly random.
Old 08-05-18, 08:51 PM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It drives me nuts that, after remote-starting the car, it turns off when unlocking it. I figured there was a setting for that and I just hadn't found it yet??
Old 08-07-18, 08:31 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by IowaLC
It drives me nuts that, after remote-starting the car, it turns off when unlocking it. I figured there was a setting for that and I just hadn't found it yet??
Lexus “safety” feature. Can’t be changed.
The following users liked this post:
IowaLC (08-07-18)
Old 08-25-18, 07:39 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Lexus “safety” feature. Can’t be changed.
as well as so someone cant steal your car.
Old 08-25-18, 07:50 AM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
as well as so someone cant steal your car.
It's the only vehicle that I've ever owned that shuts off when you unlock the doors after remote starting it. Granted the rest have been Chrysler, GM, and Ford but this really annoys me about the LC. I know, I've got it so rough :-)
Old 08-25-18, 08:33 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by IowaLC

It's the only vehicle that I've ever owned that shuts off when you unlock the doors after remote starting it. Granted the rest have been Chrysler, GM, and Ford but this really annoys me about the LC. I know, I've got it so rough :-)
Ah, first world problems!

Toyota's!

My Highlander does the same thing. There are some arcane work arounds, but I just got used to it. In AZ the important thing is to just be able to pre-cool the car.
The following users liked this post:
IowaLC (08-25-18)