Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Haha me too 😁
+1 always round my dinning checks
Old 04-25-18, 06:36 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
I'm in negotiations for an LC aswell and dealer is not budging on the price. .
Dallas dealers giving no discounts?
Old 04-26-18, 05:27 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

A local Lexus store offered me a new LC500 for about $4000 under MSRP. I was looking for about $6000 less, and did not pursue the transaction. Used LC500’s are seen on line for $15000 to $20000 under MSRP.
Old 05-08-18, 12:32 AM
Cryokid
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buying a new (used LC500)

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I recently negotiated the purchase of a slightly used (3,200 miles) fully loaded LC500. I pick it up a week from this Friday so I don't have pictures yet. I paid $93,000 for the vehicle that listed for $106,000 new. It took me about a month of searching on the internet (cargurus) to locate a vehicle with the options/colors I wanted. I don't have a problem buying a used high quality car to save a few bucks as long as it wasn't in an accident. It was driven by the owner of the dealership I am purchasing it from. I can't speak much about the overall ownership experience yet since I have only had a test drive but as a comparison I also have the benefit of owning a 2014 C7 7 speed stick convertible corvette with the Z51 3LT options that I purchase new 4 years ago. I was never a corvette fan due to the quality issues that were pretty obvious in previous generations. That being said, the C7 is much better and I still really enjoy the car. It's not as fast as a Z06 but it still is more of an outright performance car than the LC500. I recently had new tires and an alignment done along with an update to the magnetic suspension. The new tires and alignment really made the car a delight to drive and got rid of the darting back and forth following grooves in the road so perhaps the Z06 you drove could use an alignment (tuned for the street) as well but it is probably the much wider more aggressive tires that come standard on that model.

It's obvious that the LC500 is a higher quality car with exciting looks and still overall good performance. I wanted something higher class and state-of-the-art that I can keep for many years to come. I'm fortunate that I can afford to own both cars and I believe that I have the best of both worlds. I'm sure the Z06 is a fantastic car, but it's hard to imagine using all that power on the street. The capabilities of my C7 and I'm sure the LC500 are way beyond what is able to be experienced on the street safely on a regular basis. Good luck on your buying decision.
The following users liked this post:
Duck05 (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 04:04 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 377 Likes on 255 Posts

In reading this thread, took a quick look at Autotrader and the number of used LC500s for sale was a surprise. Barely a year old, seems many are being returned or traded in for other vehicles.... Also of note, the sales figures posted for LCs in April was 179 units.....

Not sure what this means.....
Old 05-09-18, 07:41 PM
Cryokid
Driver School Candidate

Based on my discussions with various dealers, Lexus provided special demo LC500's to their dealers last year when they introduced the car. I believe that they were obligated to keep the cars for a year and now with 2019's being ordered I think the dealers are moving them, that is why there are so many "Used" low mileage cars available.
Old 05-10-18, 10:50 AM
Oilman
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

So you can place an order now for a 2019 LC500? When might they be introduced by Lexus?
Old 05-10-18, 11:19 AM
Cryokid
Driver School Candidate

The dealer told me if I wanted to order a 2019, the car wouldn't be delivered for 3 to 4 months (August or September).
Oilman (05-10-18)
Old 05-10-18, 11:39 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Dealers will tell you anything to get you to commit. Until a 2019 model (with specs and options) shows up on the website, you won't have any reliable pricing, colors, options, etc. to work with. They'll just be taking your money now and working the details later - when Lexus releases the info to everyone. There's absolutely no reason to order blindly since demand isn't exceeding supply.
Oilman (05-10-18)
Old 05-12-18, 07:46 PM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

An Iowa dealer hit me at MSRP and I told them I knew other dealers we're commonly offering around 6k off MSRP. I gave them the exact specs I was looking for. They found the car a few days later and offered it to me for 6k off. Trying to work through a deal with them on aftermarket wheels and then I'll pull the trigger. Seems like a fair deal.
Oilman (05-13-18)
Old 05-13-18, 06:50 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by IowaLC
An Iowa dealer hit me at MSRP and I told them I knew other dealers we're commonly offering around 6k off MSRP. I gave them the exact specs I was looking for. They found the car a few days later and offered it to me for 6k off. Trying to work through a deal with them on aftermarket wheels and then I'll pull the trigger. Seems like a fair deal.
At that price, get them to throw in the aftermarket wheels that you want, as well as the factory wheels. These cars are selling slowly, if at all. Not a bad car, just a very slow sale at that price.
Old 05-13-18, 07:36 PM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ECL

At that price, get them to throw in the aftermarket wheels that you want, as well as the factory wheels. These cars are selling slowly, if at all. Not a bad car, just a very slow sale at that price.
Really? I read through most of this thread and 6k off seems like a very good deal.
Old 05-14-18, 07:08 AM
Oilman
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

6k off almost sounds too good to be true unless it is a demo.
Old 05-14-18, 07:13 AM
matmanx1
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A brand new LC500 is more than I want to spend at this point but a gently used one at around $80k is awfully tempting. I am not technically "in the market" for another car until my garage project is finished and I have a suitable down payment but once both of those things happen I will be looking to see what kind of deals are out there. I've only just started my test drives but the LC500 is one of the nicest and most exciting things that I have driven in a very long while.
Old 05-14-18, 07:16 AM
IowaLC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oilman
6k off almost sounds too good to be true unless it is a demo.
It is kind of funny that I have one poster basically say I'm getting the shaft and one saying it's too good to be true. It is new, not a demo. From reading through this thread and looking at another forum 6k off MSRP seems like a better than average deal.

Quick Reply: How Much Off MSRP?