LC Model (2018-present)

Toms Dry Carbon Fiber Aero installed on LC500

Old 03-30-18, 05:52 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Toms Dry Carbon Fiber Aero installed on LC500

Just installed the Tom's dry carbon fiber rear diffuser for my LC500. It looks excellent and really compliments the Tom's Titan Exhaust kit I have on. I'll be adding the side skirts and front lip soon as well. Photo's will be posted here as the build continues.

The following users liked this post:
SoneFsport (05-17-19)
Old 04-01-18, 07:51 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Glad you got the kit. Amazing build quality.. Congrats!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Zeitaku (05-14-18)
Old 04-03-18, 07:20 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Thank you!
Old 04-03-18, 11:06 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting. Do you have a pic from the back, straight-on? (Not "from the side angle"?) What does it look like with one exhaust slightly lower than the other?
Also, Is there any change in exhaust note w/ that setup?
Old 04-05-18, 06:17 PM
web4488
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Thorne
Interesting. Do you have a pic from the back, straight-on? (Not "from the side angle"?) What does it look like with one exhaust slightly lower than the other?
Also, Is there any change in exhaust note w/ that setup?
Ditto on Thorne's questions!
Old 04-06-18, 04:50 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll add another question in reference to the exhaust mod: What did they do to delete the OEM exhaust flaps without triggering code or engine light??
Old 04-08-18, 07:27 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LCInfrared
I'll add another question in reference to the exhaust mod: What did they do to delete the OEM exhaust flaps without triggering code or engine light??
The Tom's Titan exhaust kit is straight through no baffles. The electronic wires that ran the stock OEM baffles on the stock exhaust were disconnected, zip tied underneath. No CEL and no issues. Runs like a champ sounds amazing. This will not effect your driving mode parameters for the transmission, AFR etc. Even at idle it is still rather quite as the OEM mid pipe has 2 CAT's and 1 resonator per side.
Old 04-08-18, 09:19 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

With Tom's dry carbon fiber full aero kit.

Last edited by Zeitaku; 04-08-18 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-09-18, 03:53 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
The Tom's Titan exhaust kit is straight through no baffles. The electronic wires that ran the stock OEM baffles on the stock exhaust were disconnected, zip tied underneath. No CEL and no issues. Runs like a champ sounds amazing. This will not effect your driving mode parameters for the transmission, AFR etc. Even at idle it is still rather quite as the OEM mid pipe has 2 CAT's and 1 resonator per side.
Thanks for the response, that's a BIG surprise to me as many cars would trigger a code when disconnected. I'm going to try it on mine with the OEM exhaust, keeping the baffles fully opened all the time. I had done the same with my AM Vantage V8 by removing the fuse #22. It sounded MUCH better with the flaps fully opened permanently.
Old 04-09-18, 08:14 AM
Viru
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

With Tom's dry carbon fiber full aero kit.
Breathtaking - love the matte black touch on the hood!
Zeitaku (04-09-18)
Old 04-09-18, 08:18 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Thanks for the response, that's a BIG surprise to me as many cars would trigger a code when disconnected. I'm going to try it on mine with the OEM exhaust, keeping the baffles fully opened all the time. I had done the same with my AM Vantage V8 by removing the fuse #22. It sounded MUCH better with the flaps fully opened permanently.
I think removing the fuse for the exhaust would trigger a CEL for sure. The Tom's exhaust is mounted after the mid pipe. The last set of 02 sensors are at the front of the mid pipe, so this is probably why it does not trigger a CEL for the 02's. However, the diameter of the Tom's is .25 wider in diameter than OEM and it eliminates the excessive pipe bends and the massive muffler in design. The OEM weighs about 25 lb. more than the Tom's exhaust too. The exhaust note from the Tom's has a deep and rich tone Vs OEM.
Old 04-10-18, 03:26 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

I think removing the fuse for the exhaust would trigger a CEL for sure. The Tom's exhaust is mounted after the mid pipe. The last set of 02 sensors are at the front of the mid pipe, so this is probably why it does not trigger a CEL for the 02's. However, the diameter of the Tom's is .25 wider in diameter than OEM and it eliminates the excessive pipe bends and the massive muffler in design. The OEM weighs about 25 lb. more than the Tom's exhaust too. The exhaust note from the Tom's has a deep and rich tone Vs OEM.
Unlike the Aston Martin I previously owned, the LC's exhaust baffles are triggered by two seperate circuits so no single fuse can disable them (I have the LC's full electrical diagrams and studied them to confirm). My intention is to simply disconnect the connectors to the baffle motors to achieve the same result. Since you mentioned that action wouldn't trigger the CEL, I'll be achieving the desired results just the same.
Old 04-10-18, 06:35 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Unlike the Aston Martin I previously owned, the LC's exhaust baffles are triggered by two seperate circuits so no single fuse can disable them (I have the LC's full electrical diagrams and studied them to confirm). My intention is to simply disconnect the connectors to the baffle motors to achieve the same result. Since you mentioned that action wouldn't trigger the CEL, I'll be achieving the desired results just the same.
Since shutting off the LC resets the trans ECU and the ECU modes all to either Eco or Normal upon starting the car back up, you will have to leave the car running and set your driving mode to Sport+ S and disconnect while it's running I'm assuming. Otherwise, if you shut the car off and disconnect it may leave the baffles in normal mode.
Old 04-11-18, 03:54 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Since shutting off the LC resets the trans ECU and the ECU modes all to either Eco or Normal upon starting the car back up, you will have to leave the car running and set your driving mode to Sport+ S and disconnect while it's running I'm assuming. Otherwise, if you shut the car off and disconnect it may leave the baffles in normal mode.
That's what I've been wondering. Steve Bisel who owns Forza Componenti, a manufacturer of remote exhaust baffle controls tells me that ''most'' cars have their baffles resting in the fully opened position when the car is turned off. Guess that I'll have to see for myself how the LC is programmed. It will only take 2 minutes to try both ways.
Old 04-12-18, 09:02 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Simply disconnecting the valve for the baffle on the stock exhaust will only either give you closed or open setting and will only give you the sound from the OEM Sport+ S mode if completely open. It will not achieve the same result as the Tom's Titan exhaust. Meaning, the Tom's has a completely different design and diameter which has a different sound completely. There are a few videos demonstrating the Sport+ S open OEM exhaust Vs. the Tom's Titan it's considerable in difference. Also the Tom's will actually make more power as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toms Dry Carbon Fiber Aero installed on LC500