LC Model (2018-present)

LC500 with McLaren 12C and Nissan GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 08:24 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts
Default LC500 with McLaren 12C and Nissan GT-R

Had an amazing time yesterday. Did a 5 hour cruise from Phoenix, AZ up to Jerome, AZ to the world famous Grand Hotel where we had lunch. The highways along the way are spectacular. Filled with sharp hairpins, nice open and level straights and a few small sweepers. I was accompanied by a 2012 McLaren MP4-12C and a 2014 Nissan R35 GT-R. Here are a few photos we took from yesterday. I hope you will enjoy viewing. Thanks!

Old 03-26-18, 11:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Awesome, you definitely have the smoothest ride.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-26-18, 12:54 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

GREAT! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-26-18, 10:40 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Awesome, you definitely have the smoothest ride.

-Josh
Thank you!
Old 03-26-18, 11:23 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Totally cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-27-18, 01:58 AM
1966i
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing
Old 03-27-18, 02:06 PM
web4488
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Sweet pics! Love the mods you've done on your LC.
Old 03-27-18, 10:03 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Car looks good Z! Definitely would take the LC500 over the other 2 cars for sure! But I'll wait for the 2020 LCF that's coming....😋😋😎😂!!
Awesome pics though! Someone has a pretty nice camera 👍.

V.
Old 03-28-18, 12:25 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Car looks good Z! Definitely would take the LC500 over the other 2 cars for sure! But I'll wait for the 2020 LCF that's coming....😋😋😎😂!!
Awesome pics though! Someone has a pretty nice camera 👍.

V.
Why would you take the LC500 over the McLaren 12C and the GT-R? I took the photos with my iPhone 8+ too LOL
Old 03-28-18, 06:16 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

It's been years since we went to Jerome and the road up the mountain would be fun in those vehicles..... Big "hole in the ground" view..... McClaren is a fun car ( drove a 570 a while back) and on that road would be a blast.....
Old 03-29-18, 06:45 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Why would you take the LC500 over the McLaren 12C and the GT-R? I took the photos with my iPhone 8+ too LOL
Simply because it looks 10 times better than both and it more rare than both. Obviously it can't hang performance wise with either....but much more to a car than performance numbers 👍.

V.
Old 04-01-18, 01:39 PM
hulksmash
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just got my 2018 LC 500 this weekend. Went with the Nightfall Mica color with the tan interior. I traded in my 2012 Black Editon GT-R. So the GTR is a beast, the LC doesn't come close to the power and launch, but that aspect has worn away for me. I want something that just feels amazing on the road, the GTR fun to drive, but it is very very rough, it sounds rough and feels like brutal power - the LC 500 is like cruising on your coach, so smooth. I loved my GTR, I like the look, I love the LC 500 look much more - the interior is awesome, the tech gadgets are amazing. Very happy after only a few days - do not regret my decision. I have not been in the McClaren, but I like the overall sophisticated look for the LC, I kinda got hooked on it after seeing Black Panther

BTW - Amazing pictures man
Old 04-01-18, 07:53 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Simply because it looks 10 times better than both and it more rare than both. Obviously it can't hang performance wise with either....but much more to a car than performance numbers 👍.

V.
I agree 100% it's why I bought mine. Reading opinions like yours simply reassures my decision that much more LOL thank you!
Old 04-01-18, 08:27 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hulksmash
So I just got my 2018 LC 500 this weekend. Went with the Nightfall Mica color with the tan interior. I traded in my 2012 Black Editon GT-R. So the GTR is a beast, the LC doesn't come close to the power and launch, but that aspect has worn away for me. I want something that just feels amazing on the road, the GTR fun to drive, but it is very very rough, it sounds rough and feels like brutal power - the LC 500 is like cruising on your coach, so smooth. I loved my GTR, I like the look, I love the LC 500 look much more - the interior is awesome, the tech gadgets are amazing. Very happy after only a few days - do not regret my decision. I have not been in the McClaren, but I like the overall sophisticated look for the LC, I kinda got hooked on it after seeing Black Panther

BTW - Amazing pictures man
Right on and congratulations! I had a 2009 Super Silver Premium GT-R back in 2014 full bolt-on tuned on E85 very fast. Had it for a year then sold it and bought a 2012 Black Edition in 2015 and modded it as well. Sold the '12 Black Edition May 2017 and bought my LC500 December of 2017. The GT-R as you stated became boring to me and left me feeling empty. Very fast car this can't be denied. However, the interior always felt plastic and cheap to me like I had a Maxima interior. The body also is similar to an Altima in the front in my opinion. To me there just wasn't anything special about the car other than the straight line performance. As you know that becomes boring quickly. The GR6 transmission in the GT-R's aren't that great either. When those clutches get heated you have to let it cool off, so tracking it is the worst for any real length of time.

I have to note, that my love/hate for the GT-R really stems from too many kids getting them. This will come off as a bit snobbish but try and understand. As a grown adult, I don't want to be lumped into a category of adolescent juveniles who's parents bought or leased them a GT-R so they can go parading around making Youtube videos or whoring themselves out on Instagram for attention because daddy bought them one. It really takes away exclusivity and pride in ownership when you have worked your *** off your entire life and finally can afford a cool car only to have some pimply face kid get the same car and never have had to work a day in his life or struggle with real financial situations on his or her own unassisted.

For me the LC500 is a premier adult car through and through. Designed to be a magnificent Grand Tourer with luxury and comfort. Yes, it is not as fast as our GT-R's but what it offers in comparison outshines the GT-R in everything else. Style, esthetics, exclusivity, luxury, reliability and if for just a brief period of time quite rare on the streets. Make no mistake though, the LC500 is no slouch by any means. I get the wow factor with the LC500. Women flock to it more than any of my other cars that being Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, Nissan, or even muscle cars etc.. I'm followed around like a rock star, photographed, video recorded and approached at gas stations and stores upon doing my daily errands. Best thing too? Where else can you get a 500 HP N/A luxury coupe that gets 30+mpg highway and can still blast a high 12 second 1/4 mile weighing in at 4,200 lbs.?

This is my first Lexus and could not be any happier. I see what all the talk is about now.
Old 04-02-18, 03:07 AM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Right on and congratulations! I had a 2009 Super Silver Premium GT-R back in 2014 full bolt-on tuned on E85 very fast. Had it for a year then sold it and bought a 2012 Black Edition in 2015 and modded it as well. Sold the '12 Black Edition May 2017 and bought my LC500 December of 2017. The GT-R as you stated became boring to me and left me feeling empty. Very fast car this can't be denied. However, the interior always felt plastic and cheap to me like I had a Maxima interior. The body also is similar to an Altima in the front in my opinion. To me there just wasn't anything special about the car other than the straight line performance. As you know that becomes boring quickly. The GR6 transmission in the GT-R's aren't that great either. When those clutches get heated you have to let it cool off, so tracking it is the worst for any real length of time.

I have to note, that my love/hate for the GT-R really stems from too many kids getting them. This will come off as a bit snobbish but try and understand. As a grown adult, I don't want to be lumped into a category of adolescent juveniles who's parents bought or leased them a GT-R so they can go parading around making Youtube videos or whoring themselves out on Instagram for attention because daddy bought them one. It really takes away exclusivity and pride in ownership when you have worked your *** off your entire life and finally can afford a cool car only to have some pimply face kid get the same car and never have had to work a day in his life or struggle with real financial situations on his or her own unassisted.

For me the LC500 is a premier adult car through and through. Designed to be a magnificent Grand Tourer with luxury and comfort. Yes, it is not as fast as our GT-R's but what it offers in comparison outshines the GT-R in everything else. Style, esthetics, exclusivity, luxury, reliability and if for just a brief period of time quite rare on the streets. Make no mistake though, the LC500 is no slouch by any means. I get the wow factor with the LC500. Women flock to it more than any of my other cars that being Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, Nissan, or even muscle cars etc.. I'm followed around like a rock star, photographed, video recorded and approached at gas stations and stores upon doing my daily errands. Best thing too? Where else can you get a 500 HP N/A luxury coupe that gets 30+mpg highway and can still blast a high 12 second 1/4 mile weighing in at 4,200 lbs.?

This is my first Lexus and could not be any happier. I see what all the talk is about now.
Interesting, I am actually considering going the other way from my RC-F to a GTR albeit the 2017, which is supposed to be more refined and have a better interior.
I did test drive an 09 GT-R before deciding to get the RC-F, and I hated it for some of the reasons you said.

However, I am not so impressed with the LC in comparison with the RC-F to justify 30K difference in price.
I love the exterior of the LC, but the interior actually seems a little overdone and imbalanced to me with that ridiculously large grip handle in the center and only one cup holder.
Also, being the same engine yet even heavier, it must be a tad slower even than the RC-F.

I obviously still think about the car though as I keep checking this forum everyday.

Quick Reply: LC500 with McLaren 12C and Nissan GT-R