LC Model (2018-present)

LC Purchasing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-18, 06:53 PM
Mnstrmag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC Purchasing Questions

Thanks in advance for reading this. I have ordered my last three cars from the local Toyota/Lexus dealer, but I suspect they may not be so willing to go that route this time. I don't haggle because usually they are getting me exactly what I want. When I start getting serious about my LC purchase (one year from now), my two requirements are the performance package and any interior besides red. My concern is that the performance package seems rare. Also, the dealer is adding mods to more than half the LC's that come in, all of which take the price north of $120,000 and none of which appeal to me. My question is do you folks think I will have trouble getting my hands on a performance package with minimal mileage (ideally less than 10 miles)? Thanks again.
Old 02-16-18, 04:18 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Order one, get what you want...
Old 02-17-18, 07:37 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
I always wondered about ordering one. Doesn't that mean there's zero room for negotiating price?

I thought dealers only negotiate price for cars they have in their inventory.
Old 02-17-18, 08:16 AM
Mnstrmag
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Craig B
When ordering in the past I have always paid MSRP and I have no problem with that. I don't think they would have negotiated if I had pressed the issue. My fear this time is that they have so many on the lot already that have not moved in months (6 for Chattanooga seems high to me) that they won't want to order more.
Old 02-17-18, 08:49 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mnstrmag
When ordering in the past I have always paid MSRP and I have no problem with that. I don't think they would have negotiated if I had pressed the issue. My fear this time is that they have so many on the lot already that have not moved in months (6 for Chattanooga seems high to me) that they won't want to order more.
I was offered a discount and received their first car. I've purchased several Lexus vehicles from them over the years.
Old 02-17-18, 06:51 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Mnstrmag
Thanks in advance for reading this. I have ordered my last three cars from the local Toyota/Lexus dealer, but I suspect they may not be so willing to go that route this time. I don't haggle because usually they are getting me exactly what I want. When I start getting serious about my LC purchase (one year from now), my two requirements are the performance package and any interior besides red. My concern is that the performance package seems rare. Also, the dealer is adding mods to more than half the LC's that come in, all of which take the price north of $120,000 and none of which appeal to me. My question is do you folks think I will have trouble getting my hands on a performance package with minimal mileage (ideally less than 10 miles)? Thanks again.
Do a search on cars.com. There are likely several LCs in the country that fit your needs. You can negotiate remotely and have it transported to you (or drive it home if that works for you). I've done this before and it worked very well for me. I live in MA and negotiated a great price on a Japan-built RX a few years ago in MD. I flew to MD finalized everything, and drove it home in the same day (a long day for sure). No regrets at all. I saved thousands over what it would have cost me to order one, and it was a fun experience for me.
Old 02-18-18, 10:45 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
Do a search on cars.com. There are likely several LCs in the country that fit your needs. You can negotiate remotely and have it transported to you (or drive it home if that works for you). I've done this before and it worked very well for me. I live in MA and negotiated a great price on a Japan-built RX a few years ago in MD. I flew to MD finalized everything, and drove it home in the same day (a long day for sure). No regrets at all. I saved thousands over what it would have cost me to order one, and it was a fun experience for me.
A great tip!

Don't want to take this too off topic but your post really reminds me how great the free market is that we are able to negotiate and make dealers compete with each other across state lines. The affordable care act used to be this way (no shopping for insurance plans outside state lines) before Trump ended it with an executive order.
Old 02-19-18, 08:01 AM
Mnstrmag
Driver School Candidate

Cars.com was quite informative. I will definitely be checking that info on a regular basis. Thanks!