LC Model (2018-present)

LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-17, 08:21 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Only ones that seem to like the above mentioned vehicles are sipping the Lexus kool-aide rather than accept that they just happened to knock one and only one out of the park with the ISF. Rest of Lexus is pretty meh.
Mediocre koolaid with RCF and GSF, insanely high amount of koolaid with LC500.

For 150K+ ballpark, you may select any of the following that is superior to LCF:

911 Turbo (or downgrade to GT3RS if you must have N/A and want 9K red line)

R8

AMG GT R

M6

And I doubt LCF is gonna have 650 HP. At best, 540~, and still won't have Apple/Android play.

ISF is my last Lexus that I want to keep. All these newer ones are lease and return if I would even consider getting another Lexus again.
Old 12-15-17, 08:32 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Supposedly....and there was to be a new IS-F as well.

It won't change the fact that the LC is an overweight GT car.

Maybe if they do use this engine in the new GS sized car, they can finally have an M5 competitor.
The exact same thought I had honestly
Old 12-15-17, 10:02 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

There are so many better choices out there if you go with two door coupe. I would go with top level 911 any day. ISF is so unique, the rest of the lexus offerings is just not for me. Just me .... everyone to their own of course.

TRIVIA: One of these cars bellow has 755HP and will be staring at $119,995 :-)
Attached Thumbnails LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.-zr1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-17, 10:40 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
There are so many better choices out there if you go with two door coupe. I would go with top level 911 any day. ISF is so unique, the rest of the lexus offerings is just not for me. Just me .... everyone to their own of course.

TRIVIA: One of these cars bellow has 755HP and will be staring at $119,995 :-)

god damn I see too many i8abmr quotes in this thread
and then a post comparing a Chevy to a Lexus again. Too many of his fan boys in here time to leave this thread before I catch this virus.
The following users liked this post:
Brad3275 (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 10:58 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Thought I was gonna get ripped for stirring the pot. Glad others see it the same as I do. It’s not so much the cars, as it is their price points and the competition within those ranges.
Old 12-15-17, 11:48 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Thought I was gonna get ripped for stirring the pot. Glad others see it the same as I do. It’s not so much the cars, as it is their price points and the competition within those ranges.
Nailed it.

The car is fine...if it's priced better. $150K for that?

Yeah, because RCF and GSF pricing points worked out so well in the beginnings.
Old 12-15-17, 12:13 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416

For 150K+ ballpark, you may select any of the following that is superior to LCF:

R8

AMG GT R

M6

And I doubt LCF is gonna have 650 HP. At best, 540~, and still won't have Apple/Android play.

ISF is my last Lexus that I want to keep. All these newer ones are lease and return if I would even consider getting another Lexus again.
Out of all of those cars you listed, we can all buy a Nissan gtr for almost 50% less than them and wipe the floor with them all.....buy no one is saying "oh, this AMG gt r is over priced....I can get a Nissan gtr for 50% less and be faster , etc".
Speed isn't the only thing you'll be getting by any means with an LCF. The interior of the 911 is trash compared to the LC500 to be honest. M6 and R8 are SUPER unreliable compared to Lexus....so again, different categories.
Ive heard rumors of pricing between $120k and $180k. At $120, I'm getting it. At $150k, ill wait and buy one in the used market in a few years. At $180k, I'll wait 3-4 years, I guess, lol.

V.
Old 12-15-17, 10:22 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416

R8

AMG GT R

M6

downgrade from a 911 turbo to GT3RS? The 991RS cost way more than the turbo lol. plus it's 8800 rpm, not 9k on the RS.
Old 12-16-17, 11:20 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When I saw that I had a good chuckle how this person doesn't realize that a gt3rs is more unobtainable when buying brand new ,worth more money down the road and maybe a downgrade to him in regards of features offered in terms of luxury and their luxury doesn't compare to the lc
Old 12-17-17, 01:38 AM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Out of all of those cars you listed, we can all buy a Nissan gtr for almost 50% less than them and wipe the floor with them all.....buy no one is saying "oh, this AMG gt r is over priced....I can get a Nissan gtr for 50% less and be faster , etc".
Speed isn't the only thing you'll be getting by any means with an LCF. The interior of the 911 is trash compared to the LC500 to be honest. M6 and R8 are SUPER unreliable compared to Lexus....so again, different categories.
Ive heard rumors of pricing between $120k and $180k. At $120, I'm getting it. At $150k, ill wait and buy one in the used market in a few years. At $180k, I'll wait 3-4 years, I guess, lol.

V.
i think people shopping for $150k cars don't exactly worry about reliability.

the LC500 isn't a sports car. it's a grand touring car, so it shouldn't be compared to P cars. a good example is its transmission was designed for MPG and comfort. gt3/gt3rs PDK is jerky as hell under 4K RPMS.
Old 12-17-17, 04:43 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by empathy
i think people shopping for $150k cars don't exactly worry about reliability.

the LC500 isn't a sports car. it's a grand touring car, so it shouldn't be compared to P cars. a good example is its transmission was designed for MPG and comfort. gt3/gt3rs PDK is jerky as hell under 4K RPMS.
Lexus tends to change that perception. Pretty sure that's the main reason people picked the RCF and GSF over it's competitors....the fact that they were more reliable (granted they aren't $150k...but $70k-$80k still isn't a small amount of cash).
And I personally will be looking at reliability when I shop for a $150k car in the next few years. Spending unnecessary money when you don't have to is no fun. PLENTY of R8 owners ditch the car because of it's unreliable nature/habits.

V.
Old 12-17-17, 10:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

We bought a GS F simply because we got it for a ridiculous price. It's a fine car, and has all the things one would expect, but I would never have paid sticker for it.

The LC F is still a wait and see for me. If it weighs over 4000 lbs, I won't be interested no matter how much power it has.
The following users liked this post:
bbong (12-19-17)
Old 12-18-17, 08:48 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

$150k to get to 630 hp or

https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...isfscr1001.htm

$10k to get to 625 hp with the current cars we have.... I know I know but if speed and keeping a Lexus is your thing.

I don't like modifying so I will buy something European when I'm changing out my ISF
Old 12-18-17, 08:51 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

For me what it comes down to is Lexus managing the expectations of its base and for 150k + the new LCF must place in the top 10 fastest production cars in at Nurburgring Ring period. Why because at that price point several of the cars that have been mentioned here are in that top 10 list Nissan GTR #6, Mercedes GTR#7, GT3RS #9 and Corvette ZO6 #10.

The LCF must truly be a competitive Sports car no more excuses, it can't be another 4,000 lb GT Car. They already have three GT cars the RCF the GSF and the LC 500 enough is enough already. I'm not bashing Lexus I've owned three in the past and will continue to own Lexus going forward. But If LCF cannot crack into that top 10 list then to me it's a major letdown.

I'm 53 years old I'll be retiring in the next two to three yrs and I'm looking at my next toy to treat myself when I retire. I'm looking for a true Performance oriented vehicle with some luxury appointments. And right now I'm looking at perhaps either up-and-coming new Corvette ZR1 with the new horsepower & torque Aero and suspension package should push it into the mid of the pack as far as top 10 Ring times are concerned or a gently used preowned GT3 RS or 911 Turbo.

We all know Lexus has the expertise the technical know-how to build a true performance vehicle case in point the LFA, but do they have the will! Does corporate understand and get what its base is looking for. This all comes down to Lexus /Toyota corporate culture, how traditionally they have been very conservative and can they overcome that conservatism that has held them back when it comes to producing performance vehicles.
Old 12-18-17, 10:12 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 360 Posts

I'm interested in Lexus' take on the 4.0L turbo set up. Would it have integrated manifolds like the Infiniti Q60s? What would full boost PSI be? Redline? I know turbos don't make the kind of noises N/A engines do but wondering what Lexus has hidden in their sleeve. Yukihiko Yaguchi was big on sound so it would be interesting to hear that engine. Lots of questions and can't wait for the unveiling.

I'm very excited because it will show where Lexus is heading. Will they compete or merely participate? Will they show IS-F / LFA gusto back in the day or will they just settle for a participation award.

Quick Reply: LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.