New order next week (questions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-17, 08:58 PM
Abermac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New order next week (questions)

Hi all,
Changing from a 14 GS F sport to the LC but I had a few questions I haven’t seen any information on in the forums.

1) The Alcantara seats, anyone experienced any issues in keeping these clean? I keep hearing mixed reviews in my research. Looking at the toasted caramel.. (All leather still feels like the safer option but the look of the Alcantara appeals to me)

2) Light output, low beam. Is it sufficient outside of city driving? (Dimly lit areas)

3) anyone have the 3M paint protection option from Lexus? If so, is it just the front portion of the hood?

4) ambience lighting in the interior. What does this include? Any light strips in the doors or elsewhere?

Thanks for your help! These are the only questions left I’m having issues answering, hoping some actual owners can shed some light.
Old 11-11-17, 10:13 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Abermac
Hi all,
Changing from a 14 GS F sport to the LC but I had a few questions I haven’t seen any information on in the forums.

1) The Alcantara seats, anyone experienced any issues in keeping these clean? I keep hearing mixed reviews in my research. Looking at the toasted caramel.. (All leather still feels like the safer option but the look of the Alcantara appeals to me)

2) Light output, low beam. Is it sufficient outside of city driving? (Dimly lit areas)

3) anyone have the 3M paint protection option from Lexus? If so, is it just the front portion of the hood?
For #1: I have the red interior, no issues thus far but I've owned the car for only a few weeks. I do have a friend who has a toasted caramel interior on his and while I haven't noticed anything, he has complained about "dye from jeans" darkening the seat. He has owned his for 6 months. Again however, I can't tell when he has shown his seats to me. So perhaps I don't have the correct relative measure.

For #2: There are some dimly-lit sparse residential/mountainous areas where I am located, and I haven't had an issue during night time cruises

For #3: Yes, only the front portion on mine. I don't like it... When I use detail cloths on it (and I've used the same on my Porsche and a $200k+ AMG so they aren't some cheapie thing) I now know what people are referring to when they talk about dirt "collecting" at the line where that surface covering ends. Difficult to explain, but I'm not impressed. Although I've read somewhere on here that some people have the protection "across their entire car", but that's not my situation.
Old 11-12-17, 08:12 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

1: In my experience, Alcantara significantly outlasts leather. Alcantara is a man-made microfiber-type material. We've owned furniture made with "ultra-suede" and other variants of this material for over 10 years and they still look new. Leather cracks and shows crease marks quickly. This is not "natural suede" which breaks down quickly like leather. Lighter shades of any material will have a tendency to stain more easily. However stains lift pretty easily from micro-suede materials with mild cleaners. I've even used suede stain-erasers to clean man-made micro-suedes.

2: These headlights rock! They are the best I've ever used. And the high beams are the same LEDs as the low beams - which are fantastic! I don't use the auto high beam feature because I'm nervous about blinding other drivers - they're so bright. But my favorite feature is the 4th side-beam LED - that shoots a light beam to the side when cornering. You won't be disappointed with these light units!

4. Doors have light strips. Interior lighting is adequate but not outstanding. Been discussed a bit here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...-lighting.html
Old 11-13-17, 05:53 PM
Abermac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for these answers! I’ll place an order tomorrow. Looking forward to reading more in the future.