LC Model (2018-present)

difficult entry/exit while in parking spots?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-17, 04:29 AM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default difficult entry/exit while in parking spots?

Any owners find it hard to get in/out of their LC when parked in typical parking lot spaces? I checked out the LC again while my car was in the shop yesterday, and noticed how big the doors were. Yes 2 door cars are typically harder to deal with tight parking spots, but the doors on the LC seem especially huge, and the front seats especially far forward of the rear of the doors. I couldn't get in with the door set at the first detente, which is about where I often have to limit the door in the parking lot at work or shopping mall. Didn't notice this before, but realized I've always either been in the showroom with plenty of room, or the car was sitting by the curb during a test drive, again with no other cars around so I could swing the door all the way out.

Am I over-reacting? I'm looking for a pseudo-daily driver, so it's got to be usable in typical situations.
Old 10-05-17, 08:46 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't ever park my cars where someone can park next to me (I don't like door dents), but yes, these doors are noticeably longer than many coupes. I'm the guy that parks at the other end of the lot and walks forever, so I can't help you there. However, what I can offer is a solution to the seat being too far forward. The LC doesn't have an auto-retract feature on the driver's seat like most Lexus vehicles. I suspect this is to protect a potential child sitting behind the driver - from getting squashed. What I did with mine is to set seat memory positions 2 and 3 halfway and all-the-way back from position 1 (my driving setting). This way when I want to exit, I just hit position 2 or 3 to retract the seat, allowing easier exit and entrance. It's basically a pretty good work-around for not having auto-seat retract.
Old 10-05-17, 10:03 AM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to see this thread. I was beginning to think that I was the only one to have this problem, even though the problem should be an issue of all that are of a certain/normal size. The salesman brought an LC 500h out to my residence apt/condo that has detached single garages, to check for fit. The garage is 10'6" wide, at car-door level. I backed my ES300h out & he drove the LC 500h in, favoring it slightly to the right, which was about the same as I generally park my hybrid, as I no longer have a passenger to consider. Fortunately (in this case), due to advancing age, I'm down from 6'4", 220# to 6'½" & 192#. The seat was all the way back, where it remained for my needs. I could not get my feet in, with normal entrance. I had to exit, stick the right leg in, lean my back over the console, pull my left leg in, by the knee, over the rear of the seat cushion. Very uncomfortable procedure. Then, we went for a test drive. I really like the looks & characteristics of the vehicle, but I'm still considering if I can put up with this issue. The design of the vehicle pretty much demands this configuration, which looks great, but I am sensitive to the access problem. I was Chief Pilot for a corporation a few years ago, when I had a rental car at a hotel event. When I went to leave, my rental car was blocked by illegal parking so I couldn't gain access, or even back out of the space due to a car parked perpendicular, behind. The gate-keeper said hat it wasn't his problem & the hotel said that it was a commercial operation & not under their control. I waited until two AM, but no luck. I had to take a taxi back to my hotel to gather my belongings & check out for the trip. Can you imagine the frustration of abandoning a company's rental car at an Atlanta hotel lot? So, access, to me, is important.

Last edited by gfr1; 10-05-17 at 10:45 AM. Reason: It saved & locked up before I fnished, when a Windows message entered from the right screen