ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LC Model (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present-290/)
-   -   What is your favorite color for the LC? (Merged threads) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present/1010222-what-is-your-favorite-color-for-the-lc-merged-threads.html)

stev 05-30-17 02:07 PM

Colors

MERGED THEADS WITH POLLS. What is your favorite color for the LC?

I would welcome comments on the color combos of the LC 500 as well as whether the moon roof option is worth getting. My preference as for the smoky granite mica and black interior or the atomic silver w black--also are the added options worth it as I was going to get the basic model?. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

lexuslcl 05-30-17 03:04 PM

I personally haven't had a car without a moonroof and would feel claustrophobic without it. I believe the moonroof depends on the package selected (Touring for Hybrids).

Originally Posted by stev (Post 9882121)
I would welcome comments on the color combos of the LC 500 as well as whether the moon roof option is worth getting. My preference as for the smoky granite mica and black interior or the atomic silver w black--also are the added options worth it as I was going to get the basic model?. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

dchar 05-30-17 03:16 PM

If I were getting an LC500, I would get it in Smokey Granite with Rioja Red (like my GS). Your height or desire for the carbon fiber roof will determine whether or not to get the sunroof. Since I don't really open the sunroof in any of my cars, I would get the Performance Package along with the 21" wheels.

Craig B 05-30-17 04:07 PM

I have the Performance Package Liquid Platinum/ Black interior.

TimboIS 05-31-17 06:16 AM

I got Atomic Silver on black. I seriously considered Rioja red, but couldn't get confirmation on which surfaces are red. I saw too many conflicting photos of which surfaces were red. Some showed rear center red all red, some showed only halfway up red, etc. Also Smokey granite was a distant second color choice, as it would hide the carbon roof.

PCW 05-31-17 01:07 PM

It's my understanding that if you don't select the Performance Package or select the Carbon Fiber Roof option on the Sport Package the glass roof is standard; and does not open.

darkloki 06-01-17 06:00 PM

Why didn't the LC come out in North America with the famous Exceed Blue Metallic, I've seen ads with it in that color, car shows with it in that color, will it eventually come out in that color?

TimboIS 06-01-17 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by darkloki (Post 9884713)
Why didn't the LC come out in North America with the famous Exceed Blue Metallic, I've seen ads with it in that color, car shows with it in that color, will it eventually come out in that color?

No color by that name. You mean Structural Blue? That will be October.

LC500 06-01-17 08:27 PM

My LC is Caviar Black which isn't a solid black, looks almost smokey, grayish ... How different is the Caviar Black from the Smokey Granite Mica?

TimboIS 06-01-17 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LC500 (Post 9884891)
My LC is Caviar Black which isn't a solid black, looks almost smokey, grayish ... How different is the Caviar Black from the Smokey Granite Mica?

no comparison. Granite is gray. Caviar isn't even close to being considered a "gray" IMO.

PCW 06-14-17 09:18 PM

I drove the LC500 with the glass roof with the Touring Pkg and the one with Carbon Fiber roof with the Sport Pkg. These packages both come standard with the black Alcantara headliner. The one with the carbon fiber roof made me feel too closed in while the glass roof, even though it doesn't;t open, allows light to come into the dark cabin. If I order an LC 500 I will order one with just the Convenience Pkg, the Mark Levinson system and the Cold Weather Pkg. That should make the LC come in with the glass roof and hopefully a light gray headliner (to be confirmed) and it will brighten it up inside. I'll know lose the semi-aniline leather but I could care less. I do not like the 20 inch "chrome wheels that are called polished" and this order should arrive with the base 20 " cast wheels that look , in my opinion. much more aggressive. And I'll save a few thousand $ as well. If, for some reason I like the Hybrid better, and since the Hybrid comes standard with the 20" polished wheels I will have the Parts Dept order the base Cast wheels and exchange them. I think Lexus made a mistake by not coming out with more non-chrome looking wheels on such a serious new coupe. Perhaps the 2019 version will offer some optional wheel choices.

Gojirra99 06-20-17 05:43 AM

I would pick Infrared/Ocher :cool:

Jules640 07-24-17 12:42 PM

Best Exterior/Interior Colour Combination

In your opinion what is the best colour combination?

I have an LC500h on order in white with the red/black interior.

I think the white shows the lines of the car really well.

Infrared or Sonic Red as it is known in the UK seems very popular on here.

The blue used in a lot of the promotional material looks really nice but you can't order the car in that colour.

Ahhadanny 07-24-17 01:03 PM

I got blue ex + black in. kinda low profile looking which is what I was looking for.

white + red is a great choice. I usually don't like white car. But just as you said, this time white works really well :) You just gotta wash it more often.

Magellan55 07-24-17 03:47 PM

I agree white looks particularly good on this car, and the platinum is similar. This car is sick in black, but I've had too many black cars and they are just too hard to keep looking good for me. I'm just really partial to red cars with tan interiors though. :-)