LC Model (2018-present)

Is There Really an LC F Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-17, 12:56 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
I don't know... Do you really think Lexus customers even know what the DCT and CCB acronyms even mean? From all the reviews I've watched and read, it seems that most people are fixated on 0-60 times, and that criteria being the biggest complaint about the LC, given its price. One of the videos I posted somewhere on this forum indicates that torque vectoring is something Lexus has in its back-pocket for a potential F model. Anyway, I love the muscle-car V8 growl, and I'd be reluctant to give that up just for faster acceleration. It's certainly fast enough for me to lose my license! That Tesla Roadster is insanely fast, but if it sounds anything like the Model X then it's gonna need synthesized exhaust notes for sure. The Model X sounds like a blender (IMO). Anyway, I don't mean to hate on Tesla - to each his own. I lean toward quality and reliability before everything else.
And you DON’T think people shopping for 620hp vehicles don’t know know/want those?!? LOL
Old 12-14-17, 06:56 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
And you DON’T think people shopping for 620hp vehicles don’t know know/want those?!? LOL
I think yes, definitely so. I just don't think many people shopping for a Lexus - care enough to be so well-informed. Perhaps the LC is changing that culture(?). It seems that most of the negative things associated with the LC, that I typically hear or read about, are focused on horsepower and 0-60 times. We all know the LC is so much more than that. I personally wasn't expecting such a low center of gravity or active rear steering or variable-ratio steering when I first heard about the LC. So I'm optimistic the Lexus engineers will deliver the right stuff on the LC-F. Of course, it better have claws on the mirrors.

Old 12-14-17, 08:33 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Personally, I think the engineers could just tweak the 10 speed and diff a bit to drop the 0-60 times on the LC500 to satisfy a lot of those whining about acceleration. no need for turbos / LC-F. Or just offer a shorter final drive ratio on the sport package, so you have a choice when buying.
Old 12-15-17, 07:23 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

some german make are moving away from DCT (weight, cost, and complexity) and CCB brakes are highly overrated except for bleeding edge motorsports and have annoying trade offs under practical use. Tons of ACR owners on the forum swap over to good 2 piece steel rotors over the carbon brakes because of the ridiculous cost of rotors and pads.

yea steels weigh more, but throwing $1000s upon $1000 to be a few tenths faster doesnt make sense for the weekend track warrior that arent competing.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ut-on-my-acr-e

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 12-15-17 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-15-17, 07:52 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Let be truthful about this...How may PEOPLE are REALLY...Getting Maximum use out of this product...Driving this type of car...

Unless Lexus puts a DCT and CCBs on it, no one will even give it a look.
Old 12-15-17, 08:00 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
some german make are moving away from DCT (weight, cost, and complexity) and CCB brakes are highly overrated except for bleeding edge motorsports and have annoying trade offs under practical use. Tons of ACR owners on the forum swap over to good 2 piece steel rotors over the carbon brakes because of the ridiculous cost of rotors and pads.

yea steels weigh more, but throwing $1000s upon $1000 to be a few tenths faster doesnt make sense for the weekend track warrior that arent competing.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ut-on-my-acr-e
true, people on a nugget do swap rotors for tracking. But face it, no one will be using LC F for a track car. And no one wants the brake dust, which will likely be even worse than current LC with 620hp. So yes, I stand, it better have CCB.
Your argument against DCT isn specious. Spending $180k+, cost is NOT an issue. Nor is weight, as DCT weigh much less than automatics. DCT is THE only way to go.
Old 12-15-17, 08:02 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
Let be truthful about this...How may PEOPLE are REALLY...Getting Maximum use out of this product...Driving this type of car...
Agree, no one, but are checklist items. Not there, no buy. Same as my Huracan, I don’t track it, but I still want, no, NEED, those items.
Old 12-15-17, 08:48 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

true, people on a nugget do swap rotors for tracking. But face it, no one will be using LC F for a track car. And no one wants the brake dust, which will likely be even worse than current LC with 620hp. So yes, I stand, it better have CCB.
Your argument against DCT isn specious. Spending $180k+, cost is NOT an issue. Nor is weight, as DCT weigh much less than automatics. DCT is THE only way to go.
Not going to be a 180k car. An F car costing double the regular model of which already has a high starting price?

DCTs have to be serviced more frequently requiring some expensive secret sauce fluid. They have low speed smoothness issues. Look what happened to VW and Acura on their DCTs. There is a reason why a torque converter is used for 1st and 2nd for acuras DCT to achieve the smoothness. DCT are more complex and would be less reliable than an automatic. All of this so it can be X milliseconds faster shifting which is unnoticeable during normal driving, only good for bleeding edge performance like CCBs. 911 GT3 owners pestered Porsche to the point where they came back with a manual GT3, they didnt care it was slower. CCB and DCTs are just more boring numbers chasing for manufacturers and paper racers and a waste if youre not tracking the car hard. A fast shifting automatic is good enough for 99% of the drivers out there. Hence why many manufacturers are moving away from DCTs.

Reducing brake dust is a not a good reason for choosing CCBs on a car.
Old 12-15-17, 09:22 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Not going to be a 180k car. An F car costing double the regular model of which already has a high starting price?

DCTs have to be serviced more frequently requiring some expensive secret sauce fluid. They have low speed smoothness issues. Look what happened to VW and Acura on their DCTs. There is a reason why a torque converter is used for 1st and 2nd for acuras DCT to achieve the smoothness. DCT are more complex and would be less reliable than an automatic. All of this so it can be X milliseconds faster shifting which is unnoticeable during normal driving, only good for bleeding edge performance like CCBs. 911 GT3 owners pestered Porsche to the point where they came back with a manual GT3, they didnt care it was slower. CCB and DCTs are just more boring numbers chasing for manufacturers and paper racers and a waste if youre not tracking the car hard. A fast shifting automatic is good enough for 99% of the drivers out there. Hence why many manufacturers are moving away from DCTs.

Reducing brake dust is a not a good reason for choosing CCBs on a car.
My Huracan DCT bullet proof and actually shifts much smoother than the LC at ANY speed (strata), especiallly clunky LC R-1. And can the slam you in the seat when you want (in corsa). Acura doesn’t know how to build a DCT obviously, so I generalize and make assumptions based your “facts” and Acura. Many modern DCTs are sealed units, none or limited service required.

Reduced brake dust is just ONE excellent reason to choose CCBs,
among others.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree. And you can remain in the 20th century with steelies and slushbox.
Old 02-02-18, 09:48 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

There are no LC-F models slated for testing or even production at this time and has been confirmed by Lexus executives as well as executives of the parent company Toyota Motor Corporation. Despite a fabricated story published in a Japanese newsletter sometime last year that has spread online, Lexus has in fact denied any rumors for an LC-F to be produced at this time or in the near future. It makes perfect sense to anyone who is in the financial world as well if you think about it. The LC500 hasn't even been out for 9 months and releasing a new model before the company has had time to recoup their investments from the LC500 and LC500h would be financial suicide. Sales for both LC500 and LC500h are nowhere even close to projected sales at this time. Again, an LC-F model is wishful thinking. Possibly in four years we may see something of the sorts but for now we have the LC500.

Not sure why so many keep complaining about the LC500's performance when it's not what the car was designed for. It's not a GT-R, a 911, Huracan, 488GTB etc. etc.. It's a luxury GT coupe engineered with a different mind set than being slung around on a track or contesting any exotic or muscle car at a stop light coming home. DCT or dual clutch transmissions are not bullet proof either LOL. Whether it's from VW/Audi, Porsche, Ferrari or even Nissan they do have their issues as well and are much more expensive to service than an automatic with a TC. These people claiming they have had no issues with their DCT haven't really put any miles on them yet so how would they know? Get one of those DCT in the 25-50K mile range on the clock and you'll see what I'm referring to. I had two slightly modded GT-R's and the gremlins are real.
The following users liked this post:
The Ikon (03-20-20)
Old 02-03-18, 11:55 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Z^^, I personally disagree that an LCF isn't coming. Lexus would NOT trademark the LCF nameplate just for *****s and giggles. My guess is it'll be announced this fall, and released fall '19 as as 2020 model.....so theoretically, still 2 years out.
Only time will tell. Lexus is always tight lipped about all the exciting, new projects....and big turbo power is something that's definitely new to those guys. They won't release it without LOADS of positive test results.
I can assure you one thing though, Lexus WILL NOT keep the LC500 as their largest (hp wise) model for much longer.

V.
Old 02-03-18, 07:01 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Z^^, I personally disagree that an LCF isn't coming. Lexus would NOT trademark the LCF nameplate just for *****s and giggles. My guess is it'll be announced this fall, and released fall '19 as as 2020 model.....so theoretically, still 2 years out.
Only time will tell. Lexus is always tight lipped about all the exciting, new projects....and big turbo power is something that's definitely new to those guys. They won't release it without LOADS of positive test results.
I can assure you one thing though, Lexus WILL NOT keep the LC500 as their largest (hp wise) model for much longer.

V.
Car manufactures have been known to copyright and trademark names and acronyms all the time even without sometimes having intent on ever using them. It's to ensure market branding isn't compromised by another company down the road. Toyota has known about big turbo power for sometime now LOL. I'll give you a hint. 2JZGTE oh about 28 years ago or so. The 2JZGTE Toyota block was able to withstand 1,000hp on stock internals for short periods which at that time was unheard of. Toyota Motor Corporation had the ability to release a TT version of the LC500 right out of the gate but they didn't. Why? It's not like they needed an entirely new platform to stuff the rest of the 2URGSE motors in to unload them. From a business standpoint I don't even see an LC-F by 2020 to be honest.
Old 02-03-18, 08:30 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

"for short periods of time" isn't in Toyota or Lexus' vocabulary. And again, they have never had a high horsepower turbo or supercharged engine FROM THE FACTORY before....so again, they will remain tight lipped until they KNOW it'll work. That's just Lexus as a brand for ya. Not gunna lose reliability for loads of hp.
Also, please give an example of a company trademarking a logo/name and not using it....
Whether you're right or wrong Z, I at least hope you're wrong 😋!

V.
Old 02-04-18, 11:01 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vitveet
"for short periods of time" isn't in Toyota or Lexus' vocabulary. And again, they have never had a high horsepower turbo or supercharged engine FROM THE FACTORY before....so again, they will remain tight lipped until they KNOW it'll work. That's just Lexus as a brand for ya. Not gunna lose reliability for loads of hp.
Also, please give an example of a company trademarking a logo/name and not using it....
Whether you're right or wrong Z, I at least hope you're wrong ��!

V.
Toyota over engineered the 2JZ so well that it withstood many blocks that made over 1000whp with single turbo, bolt ons and tune. I think you may have misconstrued what I meant by short period. Most of the guys who were able to make such crazy power back in the late 90's early 2000's on stock 2JZ blocks didn't last for very long. Most from what I remember back in the day were good for six months possibly a year as long as they weren't drag racing and launching every other day. As for factory "high horse power" the 1993 MKIV TT Supra produced 320hp from a 3.0I six cylinder from the factory. It was substantial and equivalent to around 550 or even 600hp back then by today's standards. The 1993 Ferrari 348GTB with it's 3.4L V8 was making 320bhp yet the Supra destroyed it in 1993 with the same power. The 1993 Mazda released it's RX-7 twin turbo along with Mitsubishi's VR-4 twin turbo and Nissan's 300ZX twin turbo all of which were rated at 255-300hp. Yes, Toyota Motor Corporation like other car manufactures have been known to be secretive about future models however, they're not going to keep their dealers and distributors in the dark completely as there would be no time to market the launch of the vehicle in real terms costing the company millions in lost revenue. Why do you think movie franchises release teasers of their upcoming blockbusters a year or even two before they are even out? To build the hype and collect a following first to ensure a margin for profit. I personally spoke with a few at Lexus and from several GM's to several sales reps who were invited out to an exclusive LC500 track day were greeted and met by Toyota and Lexus executives who mentioned nothing to anyone about any future prospects of an LC-F model even on the table as of now. Reps of Lexus were notified 2 years prior to the LC500 coming out just to give you an idea of the heads up they actually give to their dealers. Believe me I have called and sent emails like crazy because I just bought a 2018 LC500 and would be pissed if they released an LC-F without giving me or anyone the ability to choose from all available models at the same time. McLaren has done this to their clients and it has backfired on them. With the release of the 650S right after the MP4-12C that simply killed the MP4 and caused a $100K immediate depreciation for those buyers who bought the 12C. I read the reviews and most stated they would never buy McLaren again after that stunt. So, I don't think Toyota would do this. They have been in business far too long to go pissing off clients that are willing to shell out $115K+ for their luxury brand halo car. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Zeitaku; 02-04-18 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-06-19, 12:51 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Seems that the LC F may be a possibility for 2022....

Quick Reply: Is There Really an LC F Coming?