What do you think of this LC F rendering? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

LC Model (2018)

What do you think of this LC F rendering?

Old 07-17-17, 03:44 PM   #1
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Default What do you think of this LC F rendering?

Like the post on the HP says, while the rumor mill thinks the LC F will get a 600-hp twin-turbo engine, there's been no official word yet. But that didn't stop CL for commissioning this exclusive render. What do you think?
Johnny Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 06:23 PM   #2
Magellan55

Overall it looks pretty balanced to me, but that tall rear wing just doesn't quite fit what I think Lexus is trying to achieve with the LC. I think even the LC-F will be aimed more luxury GT than pure track car. I like the wheels a lot!
Magellan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 10:30 PM   #3
GS3Tek
Lexus Fanatic

Kind of like the LFA Ring edition.

For the sake of rendering talk-
Hopefully they will have the hp to back it up with all the added down force accessories.
GS3Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 06:29 AM   #4
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

I'm not a fan of the side inlets on the front bumper. Hopefully they will look more like the current RCF's, with mesh instead of the vents.

The LCF will be a combination of the current RCF & LC500 styling, maybe a bit wider. Interested to see what Lexus does with it!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 06:40 AM   #5
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
Overall it looks pretty balanced to me, but that tall rear wing just doesn't quite fit what I think Lexus is trying to achieve with the LC. I think even the LC-F will be aimed more luxury GT than pure track car. I like the wheels a lot!
those look like LFA wheels and LFA nurburgring edition fixed rear wing lol ...
Gojirra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 08:23 AM   #6
DougHII
Lead Lap

Yeah, that definitely looks.
DougHII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 02:12 PM   #7
wadeb
Driver School Candidate

It looks awesome, I would opt for the retractable spoiler if they have it as an option. Also, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", given the $180,000 price tag.
wadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 02:36 PM   #8
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeb View Post
It looks awesome, I would opt for the retractable spoiler if they have it as an option. Also, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", given the $180,000 price tag.
Exactly! Can't wait to hear from those that are currently whining the LC is under-powered at $100K. They'll be the same ones whining when it's $180k for 600hp. LOL
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 04:59 PM   #9
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeb View Post
Yeah, I don't think anything a big as that wing would see production... But a retractable spoiler would be pretty cool.
Johnny Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 05:42 AM   #10
DougHII
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
Exactly! Can't wait to hear from those that are currently whining the LC is under-powered at $100K. They'll be the same ones whining when it's $180k for 600hp. LOL
. . . Mr. Sunshine . . . Nah, I think anything over 600 hp with a much needed forced induction torque curve would properly place this thing in Porsche turbo price range, but man-o-man is the new Porsche turbo s an absolute screamer at 2.5 0-60.

This car definitely looks the part and that all black with black aftermarket wheels in another thread is definitely the way to go with this car. This car's lines are much like the RC F as far as color choice which looks a bit awkward in most colors. The above, however, definitely looks the part even much more so than the the LFA which is pretty awkward looking as well.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-19-17 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-19-17, 07:39 AM   #11
CodyJames
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHII View Post
. . . Mr. Sunshine . . . Nah, I think anything over 600 hp with a much needed forced induction torque curve would properly place this thing in Porsche turbo price range, but man-o-man is the new Porsche turbo s an absolute screamer at 2.5 0-60.

This car definitely looks the part and that all black with black aftermarket wheels in another thread is definitely the way to go with this car. This car's lines are much like the RC F as far as color choice which looks a bit awkward in most colors. The above, however, definitely looks the part even much more so than the the LFA which is pretty awkward looking as well.
Beauty is in the eye... I think the P-car looks dated as hell (some might call that "timeless;" not me). This, like the RC-F, doesn't look a whole lot like anything else on the road. And in the lighter colors, the lines really shine.
CodyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 08:43 AM   #12
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHII View Post

Ah yes, waiting to hear from the lead whiner on cue. LOL.
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 01:19 PM   #13
DougHII
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJames View Post
Beauty is in the eye... I think the P-car looks dated as hell (some might call that "timeless;" not me). This, like the RC-F, doesn't look a whole lot like anything else on the road. And in the lighter colors, the lines really shine.
I don't disagree and I actually prefer the 997.2 over the 991s in terms of looks. 911s are an acquired taste. Some like them and some have liked them since childhood, some don't. My wife actually did not like 911s at all and thought they looked ugly. Her 997.2 cab is her favorite car now and it is the cheapest car we own.

The hood and front end area of the RCF is awkward. Lexus did a much better job in this area with the LC. I am going to grab an LC Saturday and spend a little more time with it.
Old 07-19-17, 01:23 PM   #14
DougHII
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
Ah yes, waiting to hear from the lead whiner on cue. LOL.
Somebody needed more positive affirmations when they were young or just needs to get laid more often. Notice what's missing from that garage . . . a car for a hottie. Big surprise.
Old 07-19-17, 02:06 PM   #15
Hoovey2411

LFA er LC F Nurburgring Edition for sure. Nice cut and past job
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote