LC Model (2018-present)

What do you think of this LC F rendering?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 03:44 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default What do you think of this LC F rendering?

Like the post on the HP says, while the rumor mill thinks the LC F will get a 600-hp twin-turbo engine, there's been no official word yet. But that didn't stop CL for commissioning this exclusive render. What do you think?
Old 07-17-17, 06:23 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Overall it looks pretty balanced to me, but that tall rear wing just doesn't quite fit what I think Lexus is trying to achieve with the LC. I think even the LC-F will be aimed more luxury GT than pure track car. I like the wheels a lot!
Old 07-17-17, 10:30 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Kind of like the LFA Ring edition.

For the sake of rendering talk-
Hopefully they will have the hp to back it up with all the added down force accessories.
Old 07-18-17, 06:29 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm not a fan of the side inlets on the front bumper. Hopefully they will look more like the current RCF's, with mesh instead of the vents.

The LCF will be a combination of the current RCF & LC500 styling, maybe a bit wider. Interested to see what Lexus does with it!

Nick C.
Old 07-18-17, 06:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Overall it looks pretty balanced to me, but that tall rear wing just doesn't quite fit what I think Lexus is trying to achieve with the LC. I think even the LC-F will be aimed more luxury GT than pure track car. I like the wheels a lot!
those look like LFA wheels and LFA nurburgring edition fixed rear wing lol ...
Old 07-18-17, 08:23 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah, that definitely looks.
Old 07-18-17, 02:12 PM
wadeb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks awesome, I would opt for the retractable spoiler if they have it as an option. Also, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", given the $180,000 price tag.
Old 07-18-17, 02:36 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by wadeb
It looks awesome, I would opt for the retractable spoiler if they have it as an option. Also, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for", given the $180,000 price tag.
Exactly! Can't wait to hear from those that are currently whining the LC is under-powered at $100K. They'll be the same ones whining when it's $180k for 600hp. LOL
Old 07-18-17, 04:59 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wadeb
Yeah, I don't think anything a big as that wing would see production... But a retractable spoiler would be pretty cool.
Old 07-19-17, 05:42 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Exactly! Can't wait to hear from those that are currently whining the LC is under-powered at $100K. They'll be the same ones whining when it's $180k for 600hp. LOL
. . . Mr. Sunshine . . . Nah, I think anything over 600 hp with a much needed forced induction torque curve would properly place this thing in Porsche turbo price range, but man-o-man is the new Porsche turbo s an absolute screamer at 2.5 0-60.

This car definitely looks the part and that all black with black aftermarket wheels in another thread is definitely the way to go with this car. This car's lines are much like the RC F as far as color choice which looks a bit awkward in most colors. The above, however, definitely looks the part even much more so than the the LFA which is pretty awkward looking as well.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-19-17 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-19-17, 07:39 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
. . . Mr. Sunshine . . . Nah, I think anything over 600 hp with a much needed forced induction torque curve would properly place this thing in Porsche turbo price range, but man-o-man is the new Porsche turbo s an absolute screamer at 2.5 0-60.

This car definitely looks the part and that all black with black aftermarket wheels in another thread is definitely the way to go with this car. This car's lines are much like the RC F as far as color choice which looks a bit awkward in most colors. The above, however, definitely looks the part even much more so than the the LFA which is pretty awkward looking as well.
Beauty is in the eye... I think the P-car looks dated as hell (some might call that "timeless;" not me). This, like the RC-F, doesn't look a whole lot like anything else on the road. And in the lighter colors, the lines really shine.
Old 07-19-17, 08:43 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII

Ah yes, waiting to hear from the lead whiner on cue. LOL.
Old 07-19-17, 01:19 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Beauty is in the eye... I think the P-car looks dated as hell (some might call that "timeless;" not me). This, like the RC-F, doesn't look a whole lot like anything else on the road. And in the lighter colors, the lines really shine.
I don't disagree and I actually prefer the 997.2 over the 991s in terms of looks. 911s are an acquired taste. Some like them and some have liked them since childhood, some don't. My wife actually did not like 911s at all and thought they looked ugly. Her 997.2 cab is her favorite car now and it is the cheapest car we own.

The hood and front end area of the RCF is awkward. Lexus did a much better job in this area with the LC. I am going to grab an LC Saturday and spend a little more time with it.
Old 07-19-17, 01:23 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Ah yes, waiting to hear from the lead whiner on cue. LOL.
Somebody needed more positive affirmations when they were young or just needs to get laid more often. Notice what's missing from that garage . . . a car for a hottie. Big surprise.
Old 07-19-17, 02:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

LFA er LC F Nurburgring Edition for sure. Nice cut and past job

Quick Reply: What do you think of this LC F rendering?