LC Model (2018-present)

Slight Rattle Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-18, 05:28 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh god... i should have just done that... now i am taking the car into service to get the pillar addressed LOLOL... could not get it snapped in properly... i am hoping that maybe they can do the wiring for me as well.. as hopeful as that sounds XD
Old 10-08-18, 05:38 PM
doclin
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For the radar det. I was able to find a switched fuse on the driver side and using add-a-circuit fuse was able to power the radar

The Yellow circle is where i attatched for the ground

Old 10-08-18, 05:40 PM
doclin
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

After adding the circuit, the fuse cover no longer closes....it it not critical. I just keep it somewhere in the vehicle in case i need to refer to it..

good luck with ur repair
Old 10-09-18, 11:33 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doclin
After adding the circuit, the fuse cover no longer closes....it it not critical. I just keep it somewhere in the vehicle in case i need to refer to it..

good luck with ur repair

Thanks doclin! I hardwired to the p.outlet and the hazards... I think that works 🤷🤷🤷 lol
Old 10-09-18, 10:03 PM
MJDMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tsib?

does anyone have the TSIB for this issue (or any other potential rattles??) I had a console rubbing/creaking where the console divider/handle meets the dash. They insulated that and mostly fixed. But now that I don’t hear that noise, I’m hearing a constant creaking and at times rattle like something is loose in the back. Also is anyone else’s passenger seat move? Not just the back but the whole seat moves and dealer keeps saying it’s not an issue. For a 120k car this thing is so loud. Don’t think I’ll ever buy a first model again. I got the RCF first model and had same issues. Think it takes a couple years for Lexus to make a vehicle quiet. So aggravating!
Old 10-10-18, 04:11 PM
CANorthCA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down sgtLC

Originally Posted by sgtLC
I am happy to report that i received my LC back today and finally the tapping/rattling is gone! Three times a charm! The service description is below.

SERVICE: FRONT/REAR BODY
DESCRIPTION: FRONT/REAR BODY ~ ~CUSTOMER STATES THERE'S A RATTLE NOISE PRESENT INSIDE THE CABIN UNDER WARM/HOT CONDITIONS; REPEAT CONCERN. SEE: TECH 80217 ~ ~INSPECTION REVEALED BACK GLASS ALIGNMENT PIN RUBBING C-PILLAR. ~ ~TECHNICIAN REMOVED BOTH REAR C-PILLAR PANELS IN ORDER TO GAIN ACCESS TO ALIGNMENT PINS. TECHNICIAN RE-INSTALLED USING NEW RETENTION CLIPS; REMOVED PLASTIC ALIGNMENT PIN (FTS ASSISTED W/ REPAIRS).
Glad you finally got your LC fixed! I'm taking my LC in tomorrow. Can you tell me if the sound that you were getting is the same as in my attached recording? You may need to turn the sound up. Also, I find that my iPhone replay of the sound (high-pitched) is more accurate than my PC speakers (low-pitched). Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
2018 LC 500 Creaking Sound.mp3 (1.49 MB, 91 views)
Old 10-10-18, 05:34 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

what mSD card are you using? Samsung endurance pro? or sandisk ultra 1? 64/128gb?
Old 10-16-18, 01:25 PM
dguaqueta
Driver School Candidate

I am in Dallas and have taken my LC back to the dealer four times now. Service has done many of the same "repairs" as others here with no resolution. Sound from glass roof keeps coming back. Anyone local or otherwise reach out to me so we can create awareness. Definitely not what I expected from Lexus!
Old 10-19-18, 09:49 AM
SML500
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All, thanks for sharing your experience! I read through the thread and i am going to be taking the LC in to address the squeaking/rubbing sound from the rear cabin. Want to confirm if anyone have been able to fix the issues with Lexus dealership, please share if you are successful.
Old 10-19-18, 08:54 PM
MJDMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tsib

Originally Posted by SML500
All, thanks for sharing your experience! I read through the thread and i am going to be taking the LC in to address the squeaking/rubbing sound from the rear cabin. Want to confirm if anyone have been able to fix the issues with Lexus dealership, please share if you are successful.

would be be helpful if anyone knows if there are TSIBs for these issues. I don’t know how to access but also hate the mutille returns trying to get all these rattles resolved.
Old 11-03-18, 10:21 PM
BerthaLL89
Driver School Candidate

Default Slight Creak and Rattle from Glass Rooftop

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I'm guessing it's around the high mount brake light. Seems to be common, and there's a pending TSB coming for that ever so slight rattle/ticking up there. Have to pull the headliner to fix.
I have the same issue with my LC500 Sport Package with the glass rooftop. I love my car so very much, yet this is the only complaint and disappointment I have. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
Old 11-19-18, 02:20 PM
SML500
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

All,

Great news! The dealership actually fixed my squeaky noise issue! After taking apart of the back seats, they were able to locate the sound and it was from the cross support that is located underneath the thigh (the metal bar on the left of the picture below). They found the sound when the frame flex so they added insulation and tighten up a couple of bolts. So far so good! No more annoying squeaky sound. I thought the sound was high up but they checked the lining and the brake light and found no issues. Anyways, I am a very happy owner once again! Good luck with your fixes.

Cheers,
Steven
The following users liked this post:
guanche2k9 (11-20-18)
Old 11-19-18, 03:05 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,078 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Originally Posted by SRC350F
@doclin

​​​​​​I was able to remove pillar a but not reattach it 😂😂😂😂
can you tell me how to? I think I have to do something with this plastic switch. Also where did you fuse tap into and ground? Thank you
did you run wires in front of the airbag? i wouldn't do that. for obvious reasons. there's much better places to pull power from then by running wires up the a pillar. i assume LCs come with a sunroof switch/map light assembly? if so, look there first w/ a multimeter
Old 08-21-19, 04:45 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by doclin
The headliner is quite sturdy. I must have pull it down more than 10x and still looks great.
It has been 1k miles since last update. NO rattle !!!!!!!

Remove the coat hanger on both side

then there are 3 clips that will detach easily when pulling the ehadliner downward. one is center and the other 2 are on each side as shown below

the headliner is fitted to the other liner to the side. The liners will separate apart and will fit right back easily

Here is the clip in green

As you can see....No crease despite my multiple repair trials...

So I’ve tried all of these potential fixes (and more) but the cracking noise is still there. Anyone successful trying another procedure?
Old 08-21-19, 05:55 PM
Oilman
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine is back at my Lexus dealer for the second time for the noise coming from the third brake light assembly. First time they fixed it it lasted four days..total quiet and then it returned. Not as loud as before but still noisy even over interstate speeds in the car. Dealer had TSB in the attempt to fix it initially.

Quick Reply: Slight Rattle Sound