LC Model (2018-present)

LC 500 cons

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-17, 03:04 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

LOL, Ill informed? Since you like auto everything, why didn't you get a self driving Tesla. Millennials are getting lazier and weaker for sure.

And who said anything about adding buttons. It was taken away. Advancements without options is not an advancement, it's a set back.

Last edited by happy1977; 07-11-17 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-11-17, 03:12 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kira X
I was surprised by how small the trunk was when I drove the LC. I didn't think they would do another tiny trunk like the 90's SC but they did.

I didn't notice there wasn't a physical button for the seat ventillation. I find doing it through the screen a little annoying but it's not too bad. Voice command comes in handy in this case.

If you get a chance to drive in the LC for an extended period of time I think you will enjoy it. The RC is a great car but the LC is even better. You really can't go wrong with either car.
I agree, we debated on trading our RC for this. It's really a beautiful car. But those I mentioned takes away it's flexibility and out of town use. I use the RC daily and for any out of state events. Maybe the LC is just for a weekend drive or daily commute for singles. Shhh....don't want to say any more, someone is about to blow a gasket about old timers. LOL. Feelings are getting hurt for these millennials.
Old 07-11-17, 05:32 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Seriously, how often are people changing seat heat/cool settings to complain about buttons?? I for one am glad there's no button overload (especially for infrequently used features). I set mine on cool when I left the dealer and haven't touched them since. Honestly, I think people are going out of their way to complain. Plus, the seats have an AUTO setting, and don't need constant adjusting, as they're linked to main A/C settings.
I'm an old fart, so please bear with my questions as I try to learn about this car from owners :-) I tend to use my seat heaters/coolers daily in the winter and summer here in NC, heading home from work (car sits outside all day). And only for the first 5 minutes or so, then turn them off. So the lack of buttons did surprise me, given I use them so much. Maybe most drivers just leave them on low all the time? Can you explain how they work in "auto" - do they turn on high then taper off as the car warms / cools? That might work for me.

Also, for those with the Alcantara inserts, do they help keep the seat from being too cold in the winter and hot in the summer? I've had a lot of cars with cloth seats, and never felt the need for seat heaters / coolers until getting a car with leather.
Old 07-13-17, 11:58 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 414 Likes on 342 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by happy1977
I agree, we debated on trading our RC for this. It's really a beautiful car. But those I mentioned takes away it's flexibility and out of town use. I use the RC daily and for any out of state events. Maybe the LC is just for a weekend drive or daily commute for singles. Shhh....don't want to say any more, someone is about to blow a gasket about old timers. LOL. Feelings are getting hurt for these millennials.
The RC may be a better daily driver as it's a little bit more flexible. Is your RC an RC-F or is it an RC3500/200t? The LC will get you places pretty fast if you haven't had the 5.0 V8 before.

it's certainly a tough decision though. If you have a second car to drive the LC would work out.
Old 07-14-17, 11:15 AM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are my Cons being an owner for 24 hrs.....

1. Have a few rattles when driving over rough pavement
2. Shifting in and out of first gear can be rough at times (I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic last night)
3. No printed owners manual (this is a minor)
4. Driving in a non-sport/sport+ mode the lack of low end torque is noticeable

Other than the rattles the cons that I have experienced so far are minor.
Old 07-14-17, 11:41 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by missedapex

1. Have a few rattles when driving over rough pavement
2. Shifting in and out of first gear can be rough at times (I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic last night)
4. Driving in a non-sport/sport+ mode the lack of low end torque is noticeable

Other than the rattles the cons that I have experienced so far are minor.
I have no rattles, and haven't noticed any rough shifting...
Old 07-14-17, 12:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 414 Likes on 342 Posts

The digital manuals are cool but it would be nice to have physical omes as well.

I would recommend getting the rattles and shifting looked at. A brand new car should run perfectly and have no rattles.
Old 07-14-17, 01:41 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by missedapex
You were screwed. Mine came with full set (of 5) and case to hold them.
The following 3 users liked this post by TimboIS:
bobraynard (08-04-17), harryjames (05-29-21), Zeitaku (04-16-19)
Old 07-14-17, 02:27 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kira X
The RC may be a better daily driver as it's a little bit more flexible. Is your RC an RC-F or is it an RC3500/200t? The LC will get you places pretty fast if you haven't had the 5.0 V8 before.

it's certainly a tough decision though. If you have a second car to drive the LC would work out.
RC350 AWD. Yeah, I don't feel tired at all driving this car and the LC is more luxurious.
Old 07-14-17, 04:03 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Cupholders? The cupholders seemed fine in the LC....
The following users liked this post:
Zeitaku (04-16-19)
Old 07-14-17, 04:12 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by TimboIS
You were screwed. Mine came with full set (of 5) and case to hold them.
Mine also came with manuals as well...
Old 07-15-17, 08:50 AM
734jeant
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Craig B
Mine also came with manuals as well...
I got so many manuals that the glove box won't hold anything else, so I moved them to the rear.
Old 07-15-17, 11:24 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by 734jeant
I got so many manuals that the glove box won't hold anything else, so I moved them to the rear.
Same here, I moved mine into my house...
Old 07-15-17, 08:49 PM
wadeb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cons: less than expected acceleration. The end.

All the other niggles I can live with. Also I regularly go hiking, with home cooked picnic food, coolers, etc. The backseats are great for items that are too tall for the trunk. As well, this ain't no station wagon. Know what you're getting into with this car.

As a single guy I can say it is a proven panty-dropper. It's not why I got it at all, but I've had even thinking-women melt when the seat fan blows cool air on their nethers. The multiple seat fans made no sense to me until I witnessed this effect. Next year's LC will probably have a singing toilet in the back.
The following users liked this post:
RocketChd (05-30-19)
Old 07-17-17, 12:02 PM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

After spending all weekend enjoying the LC here are some updates to my previous post

1. Have a few rattles when driving over rough pavement - These have seem to work their way out mid way on Sat. must have been some slight rubbing that has set it.
2. Shifting in and out of first gear can be rough at times (I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic last night) - This can be repeated very easily and I found a number of reviews that have noticed the same thing.
3. No printed owners manual (this is a minor) - My bad on this one. I took the dealer at his word that the car only came with the digital owners manual on the Nav system (which is cool BTW if you have not used it). The manual is one of the books in the packet of books.
4. Driving in a non-sport/sport+ mode the lack of low end torque is noticeable - Low end acceleration is a bit soft when compared to other cars I have owned. However, it does not detract from the car as it is still fun to drive.

A new Con is the number of folks that were taking picture of the car while driving, some not being very safe. As well as the amount of folks standing around the car looking at it, even when parked next to other high end cars.

Quick Reply: LC 500 cons