LC Model (2018-present)

LC 500 cons

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-17, 10:04 AM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Default LC 500 cons

This is our dream car. Been keeping an eye on this car awhile now, the more I know, the more I get disinterested. Here's my list:

1.) Trunk space seems smaller than our RC. We travel a lot and our RC serves us good as we have a lot of stuff.
2.) Lack of cup holders.
3.) No buttons for seat ventilator/heating
4.) And just like the RC, can not install a trailer hitch for bike racks.

These are just my observations. Do correct me if I'm wrong. As beautiful as the car is, taking away these daily functional features is a turn off.

Popular Reply

05-28-21, 02:37 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by dingyibvs
Very true, but the LC is such an incredible beast that I still can't stop looking up info about it and dreaming up scenarios where it'd make sense for me to buy one
I promise you. I was right there, too, for months. Snug cabin. Only one real cup holder. No obvious spot reserved for a cell phone. Small trunk. Back seat that barely can fit my 8-year-old granddaughter - and only if the front passenger seat is pulled up so far it's actually in the car ahead of me. Dicey touchpad.

Just plain stupid that I was playing with online color configurations and pricing day after day, and spending hour after hour on this message board.

Utterly impractical. It just made no sense whatsoever. My wife would kill me.

I bought it two weeks ago.

Old 07-11-17, 10:09 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Sounds like you need a minivan.
The following 14 users liked this post by TimboIS:
Badhobz (12-11-22), bobraynard (08-04-17), breplica (12-10-22), Carbon Exchange (08-14-17), DonC1 (04-30-23), DRGibbons (04-16-19), Fatbarney (05-27-21), FlyTvr (09-20-22), GregCanada (04-15-19), IowaLC (04-18-19), L's TLS (05-27-23), RysLC500 (06-04-21), THOMBACH1 (07-29-21), Zeitaku (04-16-19) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-11-17, 10:12 AM
happy1977
Instructor

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Sounds like you need a minivan.
LOL. Not in a million years.
The following 2 users liked this post by happy1977:
E46CT (12-12-22), ECL (05-29-21)
Old 07-11-17, 10:19 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

what type of biking do you do and how many bikes you need to carry?
The following users liked this post:
RysLC500 (06-04-21)
Old 07-11-17, 10:21 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

None of your points are valid IMO, except maybe trunk space. There was no need to for Lexus to put the battery dead center and under the trunk floor. That killed 1/2 of the space right there. Even with a spare tire under the trunk floor, my IS had a bigger trunk. The length and width of the trunk is fine, but there's no depth. They should have left the battery under the hood, wouldn't have affected the weight distribution in any significant way.

You do realize you can control the seats via voice, or even better they have AUTO mode (unlike every other Lexus). So they're linked to the AC temp, and little need to ever touch the setting.

Seriously, do you really need more than 2 cup holders in a 2 seater?

2 words... roof rack. Pretty much all modern (unibody) cars are ill equipped for a hitch.
Old 07-11-17, 10:44 AM
happy1977
Instructor

None of your points are valid IMO, except maybe trunk space. There was no need to for Lexus to put the battery dead center and under the trunk floor. That killed 1/2 of the space right there. Even with a spare tire under the trunk floor, my IS had a bigger trunk. The length and width of the trunk is fine, but there's no depth. They should have left the battery under the hood, wouldn't have affected the weight distribution in any significant way.

You do realize you can control the seats via voice, or even better they have AUTO mode (unlike every other Lexus). So they're linked to the AC temp, and little need to ever touch the setting.

Seriously, do you really need more than 2 cup holders in a 2 seater?

2 words... roof rack. Pretty much all modern (unibody) cars are ill equipped for a hitch.
I'll keep it short: It's a 4 seater (yes, 4 of us go to shooting competition) and we all fit. Unless you're a lonely man, 2 cup holders are essential.
Don't like to use voice features as it turns off the music and yes, direct buttons are essential.
Roof racks are cumbersome as ****. And yes, we have 2 road bikes.
And as for battery, as you referring to the hybrid?

Last edited by happy1977; 07-11-17 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-11-17, 10:45 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

get the sea sucker. most sports cars use this.

Old 07-11-17, 10:51 AM
happy1977
Instructor

^Just found out about it. Will look into it. We just use the RX when we go biking since I already had the trailer hitch on it.
If I bike alone, one bike fits inside our RC trunk.
Old 07-11-17, 11:15 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by happy1977
This is our dream car. Been keeping an eye on this car awhile now, the more I know, the more I get disinterested. Here's my list:

1.) Trunk space seems smaller than our RC. We travel a lot and our RC serves us good as we have a lot of stuff.
2.) Lack of cup holders.

These are just my observations. Do correct me if I'm wrong. As beautiful as the car is, taking away these daily functional features is a turn off.
My personal experience/opinion,

Cons vs. RC,
1) trunk space is smaller. It doesn't matter to me. But it could be a deal breaker to some other people, say, a family or golfer.
2) pain in the @ss - no buttons for seat heating ventilator. Voice recognition system is even more pain in the @ss (RC as well). lol
3) back seats - the head space and leg room are even smaller than RC. Strictly for smaller kids or people you hate.
4) obviously, price.

Pros vs. RC,
1) sexier, better exhaust sound
2) safety features are more accurate, less annoying + head-up display, better touchpad
3) 21" tire overkill, better interior
4) better handling, preciser steering
5) more comfortable front seats, easier to get in and out of the car.

Other owner's opinion?

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 07-11-17 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-11-17, 12:11 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

2.) Lack of cup holders.

Agree on trunk space; very small; and having to go into the Nav system to adjust the seat heating/cooling is a major oversite. But the one regular cup holder and the one in the front of the console will both hold 32oz Turvis Tumblers. It is more comfortable and easier to get into/out of than the RC.
Old 07-11-17, 12:29 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I was surprised by how small the trunk was when I drove the LC. I didn't think they would do another tiny trunk like the 90's SC but they did.

I didn't notice there wasn't a physical button for the seat ventillation. I find doing it through the screen a little annoying but it's not too bad. Voice command comes in handy in this case.

If you get a chance to drive in the LC for an extended period of time I think you will enjoy it. The RC is a great car but the LC is even better. You really can't go wrong with either car.
Old 07-11-17, 12:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Seriously, how often are people changing seat heat/cool settings to complain about buttons?? I for one am glad there's no button overload (especially for infrequently used features). I set mine on cool when I left the dealer and haven't touched them since. Honestly, I think people are going out of their way to complain. Plus, the seats have an AUTO setting, and don't need constant adjusting, as they're linked to main A/C settings. People complaining, or that don't want to use voice are just being ****. Along the same lines as the fake news "radio stations can't be changed while moving". Lexus provides multiple ways to achieve the same result.
The following 3 users liked this post by TimboIS:
bobraynard (08-04-17), ZC94 (04-25-19), Zeitaku (04-16-19)
Old 07-11-17, 02:46 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Seriously, how often are people changing seat heat/cool settings to complain about buttons?? I for one am glad there's no button overload (especially for infrequently used features). I set mine on cool when I left the dealer and haven't touched them since. Honestly, I think people are going out of their way to complain. Plus, the seats have an AUTO setting, and don't need constant adjusting, as they're linked to main A/C settings. People complaining, or that don't want to use voice are just being ****. Along the same lines as the fake news "radio stations can't be changed while moving". Lexus provides multiple ways to achieve the same result.
As for that fake review, go to that guy's YouTube channel and debunk his claim instead of *****ing here.I change the settings when ever I want. Why take that option away? I don't use auto AC. It's not intuitive. Also the passenger changes seat vent settings whenever they want.
Glad you don't work for Lexus coz you cant handle feedback without being defensive. And no, Lexus doesn't make it work all the time. My phone's GPS is more functional than what they have.

Also taking options away from people sounds like communism.

Old 07-11-17, 02:50 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Here's the link for your convenience.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...ml#post9886610
Old 07-11-17, 02:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

As for that fake review, go to that guy's YouTube channel and debunk his claim instead of *****ing here.I change the settings when ever I want. Why take that option away? I don't use auto AC. It's not intuitive. Also the passenger changes seat vent settings whenever they want.
Glad you don't work for Lexus coz you cant handle feedback without being defensive. And no, Lexus doesn't make it work all the time. My phone's GPS is more functional than what they have.

Also taking options away from people sounds like communism.

I just hate listening to stupid, ill-informed people over and over. Maybe the LC it too advanced for some of you old-timers, I don't know, can't please everyone. AUTO AC not intuitive (should I explain it to you, or better yet RTFM). Adding buttons isn't the solution. Maybe you should could install one of these...

"You can't make advances, clinging to the past."

Last edited by TimboIS; 07-11-17 at 03:00 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TimboIS:
DRGibbons (04-16-19), ZC94 (04-25-19), Zeitaku (04-16-19)

Quick Reply: LC 500 cons