LC Model (2018)

LC 500 Brake Issues

Old 12-29-17, 02:48 PM   #106
guanche2k9
Driver School Candidate

Default Your Atomic Silver LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboIS View Post
LOL. Exactly as I predicted, since they did the same for IS and GS.
TimboIS, I noticed that you have an LC in Atomic Silver. How do you like the color? Do you find it's appealing? Did you specifically order your LC in that color? Reason I'm asking, is because I'm considering an LC that has that exterior color (not my primary choice, but it's a good price), and TBH, I'm not convinced on it - it's like a brownish silver? Your feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
guanche2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-17, 03:16 PM   #107
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanche2k9 View Post
TimboIS, I noticed that you have an LC in Atomic Silver. How do you like the color? Do you find it's appealing? Did you specifically order your LC in that color? Reason I'm asking, is because I'm considering an LC that has that exterior color (not my primary choice, but it's a good price), and TBH, I'm not convinced on it - it's like a brownish silver? Your feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
I specificaly ordered it that color. Go with what YOU want, not to save a few $, you’ll regret it.
TimboIS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimboIS For This Useful Post:
BigMau (01-04-18)
Old 01-16-18, 03:32 PM   #108
bernieschr
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a new LC 500 a few weeks ago for spring delivery. The sales contract had a spot for remarks and typed in there was " high performance brakes will make a loud squeal which is normal".
If their sales contract says that it may be because they have had issues. I also have a 911 which has 45,000 miles on it with no squeals
bernieschr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bernieschr For This Useful Post:
guanche2k9 (01-16-18)
Old 01-16-18, 04:06 PM   #109
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieschr View Post
I purchased a new LC 500 a few weeks ago for spring delivery. The sales contract had a spot for remarks and typed in there was " high performance brakes will make a loud squeal which is normal".
If their sales contract says that it may be because they have had issues. I also have a 911 which has 45,000 miles on it with no squeals
You should have crossed that section out before signing.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimboIS For This Useful Post:
fauxphotog (01-17-18)
Old 01-16-18, 11:34 PM   #110
Thorne
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieschr View Post

I would have walked if they tried to weasel that crap into a sales contract. I have a 911 Turbo S and have never heard of such a thing. My LC is prettier than my 911, but slower (obviously) yet still doesn't have squealing breaks. If others exhibit that trait, folks need to lawyer up. Don't take the b.s.
Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorne For This Useful Post:
fauxphotog (01-17-18)
Old 01-17-18, 05:24 PM   #111
Magellan55

I don't own a high performance car, but the only time I've heard of noisy brakes being "normal" is with carbon disks. and yes the fix supposedly is to bed them with a few high speed stops. It's just a bit odd that Lexus is using this as an excuse on their steel disk brakes.
Magellan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-18, 06:13 PM   #112
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
I don't own a high performance car, but the only time I've heard of noisy brakes being "normal" is with carbon disks. and yes the fix supposedly is to bed them with a few high speed stops. It's just a bit odd that Lexus is using this as an excuse on their steel disk brakes.
I seriously doubt this is an official “Lexus Corp” proviso, rather a dealer issue. Boarderline as bad as new Tesla warranty that excludes “squeaks and rattles”.