LC Model (2018-present)

My new ride arrived yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-17, 11:52 AM
OregonLC50
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My new ride arrived yesterday

As you can see my infared arrive 6-12-17. Every option including 21" wheels that have very few tire options when it comes time for new rubber.
Sat in it once prior to it being whisked away for a day of PDI ( Pre Delivery Inspection and detailing). The toasted carmel leather interior is much nicer than images depict and certainly (in my opinion) much classier than the black or red/black combo. Did get a discount of about $1000 from MSRP, but not someting they will likely do again.
Attached Thumbnails My new ride arrived yesterday-ontruck_01.jpg   My new ride arrived yesterday-offtruck_01.jpg  
Old 06-13-17, 12:47 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I think they jokingly refer to it internally as "diaper" brown. I fiound it slightly more appealing than the "bespoke" interior (too many different shades of brown going on). Glad you like it. Also puts to rest "issues with red paint" circulating. I don't know where these things start.

Enjoy!
Old 06-13-17, 03:49 PM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you know how long it took for your car to be shipped and received after it was built? If you are on the West Coast, do you know which port your car was shipped through? Thanks in advance, I have a car that should have completed its build yesterday and I want to see if I could use your experience as a guide of what to expect.

Congratulations on the new car !!!!!
Old 06-13-17, 04:10 PM
OregonLC50
Driver School Candidate

Ordered March 30th, arrived at the Port of Portland June 5th or 6th, Arrived at dealer June 12th, will be delivered to me June 14th. Don't know the time interval between ordering and building and building and FOB Japan. Worth the wait as the anticipation is part of that new car enjoyment. Seeing the vehicle coming off the truck was an opportunity to take some video (one of the images is a frame grab). I was impressed with reflection from the infared paint, even before it was detailed. Like I said, I sat in it for about 5 minutes before it was ushereed off for PDI. BTW I purchased my own detailing products as the dealer agreed to claybar and wax/seal the car as part of the deal. Salesperson said he had a few people lined up to see the color that evening as they are not likely to be alocated the infared outside of special orders. For the short time I was inside, the seats held me in quite securely.
Looking forward to driving it.
Old 06-13-17, 04:47 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonLC50
Ordered March 30th, arrived at the Port of Portland June 5th or 6th, Arrived at dealer June 12th, will be delivered to me June 14th. Don't know the time interval between ordering and building and building and FOB Japan. Worth the wait as the anticipation is part of that new car enjoyment. Seeing the vehicle coming off the truck was an opportunity to take some video (one of the images is a frame grab). I was impressed with reflection from the infared paint, even before it was detailed. Like I said, I sat in it for about 5 minutes before it was ushereed off for PDI. BTW I purchased my own detailing products as the dealer agreed to claybar and wax/seal the car as part of the deal. Salesperson said he had a few people lined up to see the color that evening as they are not likely to be alocated the infared outside of special orders. For the short time I was inside, the seats held me in quite securely.
Looking forward to driving it.
Congratulations! Enjoy!
Old 06-13-17, 04:49 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Congrats! Can't wait for more pics after delivery!
Old 06-13-17, 04:50 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by missedapex
Do you know how long it took for your car to be shipped and received after it was built? If you are on the West Coast, do you know which port your car was shipped through? Thanks in advance, I have a car that should have completed its build yesterday and I want to see if I could use your experience as a guide of what to expect.

Congratulations on the new car !!!!!
My Car also came into Portland, it took a month to get here by water and then 2-3 weeks to get to the dealer. Mine went by covered rail to Kansas City and then was trucked to St. Louis.
Old 06-14-17, 03:57 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

As you can see my infared arrive 6-12-17. Every option including 21" wheels that have very few tire options when it comes time for new rubber.
Sat in it once prior to it being whisked away for a day of PDI ( Pre Delivery Inspection and detailing). The toasted carmel leather interior is much nicer than images depict and certainly (in my opinion) much classier than the black or red/black combo. Did get a discount of about $1000 from MSRP, but not someting they will likely do again.
Looks great, i have ordered the same car here in the UK, delivery is not until September, i debated for days on the interior colour, initially deciding on the same as yours, after seeing lots of you tube videos i decided it was just a bit to much Tan colour for me, perhaps if i could have seen it in person it may have changed my mind, so i have gone for the black, which in my view doesn't look to bad, there is plenty of crome parts and even some of the black parts look very dark blue. enjoy the car it drives like a dream.
Old 06-14-17, 08:38 AM
734jeant
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

As you can see my infared arrive 6-12-17.
I was at Kuni Lexus in Portland yesterday to pick up my new LC500 and made my salesperson take me to the shop to see the color of your car. It is STUNNING. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the ride. I loved every minute of my 300 mile trip home.
Old 06-14-17, 10:23 AM
OregonLC50
Driver School Candidate

Just leaving home to take delivery; thanks for the encouraging words.
Old 06-14-17, 11:57 AM
CANorthCA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Mechanism?

I'd appreciate your describing the exact method by which you were able to order your car in March.
Here in Northern CA we've been trying to place an order ever since we put down a deposit in February.
According to our local dealer Lexus did not open up its ordering system until May 31st.
We're still hoping to be assigned a June mid-month allocation for what is probably the same build as yours: i.e., Infrared, Toasted Carmel, Performance Package (requires 21" Forged Wheels & Torsen Limited Slip Rear Differential), Convenience Package, All-Weather Package, Mark-Levinson, Heads-Up Display.
This means that at best we won't have the car until mid-September.

Meanwhile, enjoy your new LC!
Old 06-14-17, 12:21 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by CANorthCA
I'd appreciate your describing the exact method by which you were able to order your car in March.
Here in Northern CA we've been trying to place an order ever since we put down a deposit in February.
According to our local dealer Lexus did not open up its ordering system until May 31st.
We're still hoping to be assigned a June mid-month allocation for what is probably the same build as yours: i.e., Infrared, Toasted Carmel, Performance Package (requires 21" Forged Wheels & Torsen Limited Slip Rear Differential), Convenience Package, All-Weather Package, Mark-Levinson, Heads-Up Display.

Step 1. Go to a different dealer! Orders opened up week of Feb 26-March 3. If your dealer is wrong or worse lying, that should be a big red flag to move on. My order went in 3/3, build 5/10, delivered 6/6.
Old 06-14-17, 12:33 PM
Craig B

I agree with Tim, I ordered my car on the first possible day in February. It was completed March, 31st. arrived at my dealer May , 15th. I received my vehicle on their first allocation. Something doesn't sound right.
Old 06-14-17, 02:29 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Congrats!

Red isn't my color but the infrared is very nice!
Old 06-15-17, 07:59 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

.......ever since we put down a deposit in February......
Not sure why a dealership would require a deposit and not execute an order. Claiming it was a Lexus process is not a viable explanation reading the experience from others.... I live in NorCal and we have choices of dealerships....

Quick Reply: My new ride arrived yesterday