LC Model (2018-present)

C&D Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-17, 09:25 AM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C&D Numbers

Looks like Car & Driver has come out with their review of the LC. They also expressed a general sense of understeer as well as the slow'ish acceleration. With that said, their numbers are not that bad, they are not anywhere near the class leaders in this price range, but they are respectable given the GT nature of the LC.

Zero to 60 mph: 4.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.4 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 17.6 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 25.2 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.8 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.8 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec @ 112 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 156 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g
Old 06-09-17, 11:39 AM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No surprise. The gearing is terrible. Until they fix that (and they should fix it retroactively for current buyers)... well, they will keep getting slammed. As far as I can figure it out- 6 gears are usable.

That and the standard complaints about the very mediocre Toyota infotainment system will continue to drag it down.
Old 06-09-17, 11:53 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Since when did reviews test/list 70-0 breaking?? And even from 70 mph, 156 feet seems a bit long which is an indicator of the weight of this beast...
Old 06-09-17, 12:27 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by tknx
No surprise. The gearing is terrible. Until they fix that (and they should fix it retroactively for current buyers)... well, they will keep getting slammed. As far as I can figure it out- 6 gears are usable.

That and the standard complaints about the very mediocre Toyota infotainment system will continue to drag it down.
Haters gonna hate. Especially the ones priced that are out. The infotainment is very good IMO. The wide screen is super nice to view two things at once if desired. The new trackpad 2.0 is pretty decent as well. Maybe not as direct as the screen on my IS, but better than the ones in the NX/RX. Very happy there's no CarPlay or Android.

With that said, can we get an owners-only section on this forum (like other sites have)? Too much chaff from the "bottom feeders".
The following users liked this post:
Carbon Exchange (07-18-17)
Old 06-09-17, 01:10 PM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
With that said, can we get an owners-only section on this forum (like other sites have)? Too much chaff from the "bottom feeders".
I'm trying to become an owner. My car should be at US ports on July 3rd and at the dealership on July 15th. My questions are for educational purposes as I have not driven the exact car that I ordered. The one I test drove did not have the performance package, and I would feel bad not taking the delivery of a car that I had them order.

@TimboIS does your LC have the performance package and if so how would you categorize the feel and handing. Without using your Huracan as the benchmark
Old 06-09-17, 01:34 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew the lateral g's were going to be close to the RC-F. I do however, disagree with the understeer remark. Granted I didn't take it on a track where you can get a better sense of it in a steady state sweeper, but it felt great and neutral out on the road.

Last edited by al503; 06-09-17 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-09-17, 04:24 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I have the performance package and don't feel understeer. I think it handles well for the size of the vehicle...
Old 06-11-17, 03:14 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by tknx
I wonder if the Apexi Smart Accel Controller will help any gearing issues and throttr lag. Many people on the RC/RCF and GS/GSF have added this accessory that has made a huge difference.
Old 07-05-17, 01:46 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I was excited to see this car announced back in 2015, but man did they price it too high for the performance you get. Makes absolutely no sense to think about walking away from a 2017 Porsche 991.2 as even the base model which can be had cheaper or same price Is in a different realm performance wise, has a back seat, just as easy to use as a daily driver and has the same reliability these days as Lexus.

That and you can get out of a base Porsche 911 easily without taking a severe soaking if you decide you don't like it or need something else. This thing needed to be able to walk away from the RCF, not get beat by it for $30k less.
Old 07-05-17, 01:59 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I was excited to see this car announced back in 2015, but man did they price it too high for the performance you get. Makes absolutely no sense to think about walking away from a 2017 Porsche 991.2 as even the base model which can be had cheaper or same price Is in a different realm performance wise, has a back seat, just as easy to use as a daily driver and has the same reliability these days as Lexus.

That and you can get out of a base Porsche 911 easily without taking a severe soaking if you decide you don't like it or need something else. This thing needed to be able to walk away from the RCF, not get beat by it for $30k less.
Clearly the ethos of the LC is lost on the likes of you. There's more to a car than numbers ($, 0-60, etc).

Last edited by TimboIS; 07-05-17 at 02:05 PM.
TLC500 (08-16-17)
Old 07-05-17, 10:30 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Clearly the ethos of the LC is lost on the likes of you. There's more to a car than numbers ($, 0-60, etc).
Lol, such as what? I referenced more than numbers and I totally get that some cars are more than numbers as I am one of the few suckers in the country that purchased a DB11 new . . . well wife bought it for me for my birthday 3 months ago. The same could be said for the 911 that numbers don't convey the complete story. Seating position, great or perhaps best steering out there in a reasonably priced car, super easy and stable at speed, comfortable, good tech, excellent transmission in both manual and pdk form, reliable, easy to drive in traffic, reasonable maintenance, looks good, holds value . . . but it all starts with at least decent numbers when talking a six figure coupe.

Had this engine in my RCF. It was disappointing in a $65k car and has no business in a $100k car. The LC needed, deserved, something better in both the engine and transmission department for this price.
finny76 (08-09-17)
Old 07-05-17, 10:52 PM
wadeb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

... as I am one of the few suckers in the country that purchased a DB11 new . . . well wife bought it for me for my birthday 3 months ago... The LC needed, deserved, something better in both the engine and transmission department for this price.
1. Does your wife have a sister?

2. It came down to a choice between the Mustang GT350, Corvette Z06 and the LC 500 for me. Logically I made the same arguments you did. Then I saw the LC, sat in it and turned it on. I've taken sport bikes to track days yet I very much appreciate the "slow" LC. It is a sublime experience driving one.
Old 07-06-17, 07:05 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wadeb
1. Does your wife have a sister?

2. It came down to a choice between the Mustang GT350, Corvette Z06 and the LC 500 for me. Logically I made the same arguments you did. Then I saw the LC, sat in it and turned it on. I've taken sport bikes to track days yet I very much appreciate the "slow" LC. It is a sublime experience driving one.
I get it. I was content with my RCF until I totaled it and purchased an 2017 F80 Competition Package in December. The car is lowered now, tuned and is an angry little bastard with a huge back seat, bigger than wife's Macan S backseat. This car really revealed how bad the RCF was lacking in many categories. I, however, still enjoy driving my wife's slower 997.2 cabriolet more than the M3.

Lexus had a chance to try and position itself better with these new body styles, but they are 10 years behind in engine and transmission and came in too heavy not to have a much better torque curve. There is a reason Porsche can sell so many 911s in all trims at those prices. They are great all around sports coupes that are a joy to drive. Demand/sales numbers tell the story here. Interesting that Lexus did the same engine in the LC even though weight v anemic torque curve of that motor is what killed the RCF's denand.
Old 07-06-17, 07:09 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Look, I like the concept of the car and was all about getting one 2 years ago when I heard it would have a twin turbo charged 650 hp engine. I would have gladly paid Pors he turbo price for it with that motor.
Old 07-06-17, 05:02 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Makes absolutely no sense to think about walking away from a 2017 Porsche 991.2 as even the base model which can be had cheaper or same price Is in a different realm performance wise, has a back seat, just as easy to use as a daily driver and has the same reliability these days as Lexus.
Where are you getting your info on reliability? Lexus is #1 on Consumer Reports' annual survey reliability ratings (again), with a score of 86/100. Porsche is only average (#16 of 29 brands, tied with Chevrolet), with a score of 45/100.

A base 911 equipped like the LC500 will set you back well over $100K (I'm cross-shopping them now). It sure is a nice car / fun to drive fast, and you may be right about resale (not sure you can use the RC-F as a comparison though, as it costs almost 2x the base version whereas there is no half-priced version of the LC to drag it down), but then again there are 911's all over the place; one factor the LC500 has over the 911 right now is exclusivity. For the next 2-3 years, an LC500 will certainly get you front-of-the-restaurant valet parking treatment that a base 911 could only dream of. That's probably a huge factor in the demographic looking to drop $100K on a luxury coupe, much more than how it handles on the track.
TLC500 (08-16-17)

Quick Reply: C&D Numbers