LC Model (2018-present)

C&D Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-17, 05:35 PM
wadeb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
... an LC500 will certainly get you front-of-the-restaurant valet parking treatment that a base 911 could only dream of...
This is very true. I even jumped the line at my local Lexus dealership for the 1,000 mile service. The appointment calendar had a 6-week wait.

I must admit that I did not take the LC 500 seriously, seeing the performance numbers on paper. But seeing and touching LC 500 compelled me to get it, whereas I was able to shrug off other brands.
Old 07-06-17, 05:35 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Google Porsche reliability. There is more than Consumer Reports data to look at. Macan and 911 are know to be very reliable. I thought my RC F was exclusive. No one ever said a word to me about driving it. Once I got the Macan S, I've had multiple compliments on it... it's the truth...it gets way more attention because it's a Porsche...and happens to be a SUV.

Last edited by Frog98; 07-06-17 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 06:09 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

At the end of the day, it is all about how you feel about your car. People around you always will say one thing or another.
Peace.
Old 07-06-17, 06:14 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98
Google Porsche reliability. There is more than Consumer Reports data to look at. Macan and 911 are know to be very reliable. I thought my RC F was exclusive. No one ever said a word to me about driving it. Once I got the Macan S, I've had multiple compliments on it... it's the truth...it gets way more attention because it's a Porsche...and happens to be a SUV.
Really?!? Looks like any other Q5, Tourag, etc. Nothing special or unique, guess they're badge w****s. But I'm sure it's a fine vehicle.
Old 07-06-17, 06:33 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Really?!? Looks like any other Q5, Tourag, etc. Nothing special or unique, guess they're badge w****s. But I'm sure it's a fine vehicle.
Yeah, except that it closely matches the performance of the LC in a SUV that costs $37,000 less. That's not remarkable at all. Then you have the GTS and Turbo models which surpass the performance of a LC. And the brakes don't squeak.

Last edited by Frog98; 07-06-17 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 07:06 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98
Yeah, except that it closely matches the performance of the LC in a SUV that costs $37,000 less. That's not remarkable at all. Then you have the GTS and Turbo models which surpass the performance of a LC. And the brakes don't squeak.
whew. Good thing you dodged that bullet. You seem pretty butt hurt over the LC, like Lexus owes you something after getting burned on the RCF. :rollseyes

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Gotta love people that come to a forum with no other intent than to bash. You clearly have no other purpose or motivation.

Last edited by TimboIS; 07-06-17 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 07:30 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

whew. Good thing you dodged that bullet. You seem pretty butt hurt over the LC, like Lexus owes you something after getting burned on the RCF. :rollseyes

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Gotta love people that come to a forum with no other intent than to bash. You clearly have no other purpose or motivation.
Except I traded it for an 2017 LX. I also purchased the RC F at the end of 2015, did not exactly pay sticker! Nice try though!

Last edited by Frog98; 07-06-17 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 10:03 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Look, I like the concept of the car and was all about getting one 2 years ago when I heard it would have a twin turbo charged 650 hp engine. I would have gladly paid Pors he turbo price for it with that motor.
Who in their right mind would expect a 92k luxury coupe to have 650hp? There are realistic expectations and then there are delusional fanboy fantasies.

Does the S550 coupe start with 650hp? Does the 650i? Not even the Aston Martin DB11 has 650hp at twice the price. How about Maserati Gran Turismo? Nope, 454 hp. Jaguar F-Type R? Nope, 550hp.

Knowing Lexus, I doubt even the rumored LC F would realistically have 650hp. Lexus has never been about brutish power. Their messaging and engineering in recent years has been about refined driving experience and the reviews reflect a positive reaction to Lexus' goals.

Last edited by G Star; 07-06-17 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-07-17, 07:35 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Where are you getting your info on reliability? Lexus is #1 on Consumer Reports' annual survey reliability ratings (again), with a score of 86/100. Porsche is only average (#16 of 29 brands, tied with Chevrolet), with a score of 45/100.

A base 911 equipped like the LC500 will set you back well over $100K (I'm cross-shopping them now). It sure is a nice car / fun to drive fast, and you may be right about resale (not sure you can use the RC-F as a comparison though, as it costs almost 2x the base version whereas there is no half-priced version of the LC to drag it down), but then again there are 911's all over the place; one factor the LC500 has over the 911 right now is exclusivity. For the next 2-3 years, an LC500 will certainly get you front-of-the-restaurant valet parking treatment that a base 911 could only dream of. That's probably a huge factor in the demographic looking to drop $100K on a luxury coupe, much more than how it handles on the track.
JD Power is a better gauge, especially for what we are looking at. Navigating older Porsches can be a minefield if you don't know what you are doing. The DFI 911s from 997.2 and up are very reliable vehicles.

I used 911 turbos (89, 91, 94, 97, 98, 01, 03, 04, 08, 12) as daily drivers, all purchased new from 1989 through March 2015 when I purchased an RCF for a bigger back seat due to a 3 year-old. Granted the Mezger turbos are more reliable than their NA counter parts, my Porsches were rock solid, most never even had a warranty issue and I put up to 80k miles on them.

My 2015 RCF had MORE warranty issues than any of my 2 Porsche turbos combined and my current 2017 M3 ZCP, approaching 11k miles, has proved more reliable than my RCF during its first 10,000 miles (RCF 3 issues, M3 0).

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...lity-study-vds

Old 07-07-17, 07:37 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Old 07-07-17, 07:43 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G Star
Who in their right mind would expect a 92k luxury coupe to have 650hp? There are realistic expectations and then there are delusional fanboy fantasies.

Does the S550 coupe start with 650hp? Does the 650i? Not even the Aston Martin DB11 has 650hp at twice the price. How about Maserati Gran Turismo? Nope, 454 hp. Jaguar F-Type R? Nope, 550hp.

Knowing Lexus, I doubt even the rumored LC F would realistically have 650hp. Lexus has never been about brutish power. Their messaging and engineering in recent years has been about refined driving experience and the reviews reflect a positive reaction to Lexus' goals.
I had heard that the 650hp version would be about the same price as a Porsche turbo from good sources (wife worked for Lexus in 2015). You can look back through my old posts on here from 2015 discussing the same and saying I would spend up to $150k for an LC (I think it was called LC-LF back then) with forced induction power in the range of 650, but that I would go back to Porsche turbos as my daily driver if the LC-LF came in above $150k.

Last edited by DougHII; 07-07-17 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-07-17, 08:46 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Where are you getting your info on reliability? Lexus is #1 on Consumer Reports' annual survey reliability ratings (again), with a score of 86/100. Porsche is only average (#16 of 29 brands, tied with Chevrolet), with a score of 45/100.

A base 911 equipped like the LC500 will set you back well over $100K (I'm cross-shopping them now). It sure is a nice car / fun to drive fast, and you may be right about resale (not sure you can use the RC-F as a comparison though, as it costs almost 2x the base version whereas there is no half-priced version of the LC to drag it down), but then again there are 911's all over the place; one factor the LC500 has over the 911 right now is exclusivity. For the next 2-3 years, an LC500 will certainly get you front-of-the-restaurant valet parking treatment that a base 911 could only dream of. That's probably a huge factor in the demographic looking to drop $100K on a luxury coupe, much more than how it handles on the track.
Lol, I said that about my RCF, but the only reason they can be considered exclusive is because no one wanted them, the 2015s sat on lots and Lexus cut production so dealers did not get continue to get stuck with them. Some dealers were even running new RCFs through auction just to get rid of them.

There are a lot of 911s because they are that good and the pinnacle of a borderline super car that is reliable and can be driven daily. They are seen because people actually drive them frequently and they still stand out. Drive one back-to-back with an LC or RC F to make you own decision.

Funny about the valet stand . . . a NEW 911 will always garner more valet respect than any Lexus (except LFA) if that is what is important to you. My wife has a 2010 997.2 cabriolet. I drove it the other night to a large client function at a high-end restaurant so as not to be too flashy and guess where it was parked . . . right in front of the front door. I ended up walking down the street and waiting a bit until clients cleared out before getting it,

Wifey also has Gallardo spyder she bought herself before we met and I swear the male valets gush over my 2017 Yas Marina Blue M3 more than her spyder. Blows me away how much attention that M3 gets. If you want attention, get a Yas Marina Blue F8X. Even women constantly compliment the car and color even more so than the DB11.
Attached Thumbnails C&D Numbers-6094_100710469943026_3598385_n.jpg   C&D Numbers-img_3449.jpg   C&D Numbers-img_3579.jpg  
Old 07-07-17, 08:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, I have to admit it was kind of a morbid curiosity type thing to check out this board. Kinda like not being able to look away when passing a car wreck. I was curious what they were selling for and wanted to see a few pictures of them in the wild. I am car guy, gave Lexus a try and was very interested about what I heard to be an LC-LF with 650 hp from Lexus employees in 2015. Then when I saw the LC500 with the same dang engine that made the RCF not sale, I was like WTH.
Old 07-07-17, 11:26 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, I said that about my RCF, but the only reason they can be considered exclusive is because no one wanted them, the 2015s sat on lots and Lexus cut production so dealers did not get continue to get stuck with them. Some dealers were even running new RCFs through auction just to get rid of them.

There are a lot of 911s because they are that good and the pinnacle of a borderline super car that is reliable and can be driven daily. They are seen because people actually drive them frequently and they still stand out. Drive one back-to-back with an LC or RC F to make you own decision.

Funny about the valet stand . . . a NEW 911 will always garner more valet respect than any Lexus (except LFA) if that is what is important to you. My wife has a 2010 997.2 cabriolet. I drove it the other night to a large client function at a high-end restaurant so as not to be too flashy and guess where it was parked . . . right in front of the front door. I ended up walking down the street and waiting a bit until clients cleared out before getting it,

Wifey also has Gallardo spyder she bought herself before we met and I swear the male valets gush over my 2017 Yas Marina Blue M3 more than her spyder. Blows me away how much attention that M3 gets. If you want attention, get a Yas Marina Blue F8X. Even women constantly compliment the car and color even more so than the DB11.

I'd say Maybach Exelero is way sexier than whatever you are talking about and driving. no biggie to you, just 8 million dollars. JK. The path of vanity has no end.

I don't get the intention of arguing between 911 and LC here. They both got pros and cons. i would understand if you talk about LC's + and -. If you say LC's performance isn't as good as some super cars, I agree with you. But if you say LC is less sexy than 911, I bet it's at least arguable. If you love 911, great! congrats! enjoy! If you are not into LC, just walk away. I never pay any attention to 911 since it's not my dish. But that doesn't mean I have to prove LC is better than 911. Life can be easier than that.

You link the words "respect" and "attention" constantly with the cars you are driving or fond of. You even post your wife's car photos to make a point. Is it really necessary? If you need an exotic car to earn "respect", I would say perhaps the respect you are talking about is vanity. If you need an exotic car to catch attention, I would say you lack confidence.

Attached Thumbnails C&D Numbers-maybach_exelero_img_311-720x480-c.jpg   C&D Numbers-maybach_exelero_img_228-720x480-c.jpg   C&D Numbers-maybach_exelero_img_226-720x480-c.jpg  

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 07-07-17 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-07-17, 11:57 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
I'd say Maybach Exelero is way sexier than whatever you are talking about and driving. no biggie to you, just 8 million dollars. JK. The path of vanity has no end.

I don't get the intention of arguing between 911 and LC here. They both got pros and cons. i would understand if you talk about LC's + and -. If you say LC's performance isn't as good as some super cars, I agree with you. But if you say LC is less sexy than 911, I bet it's at least arguable. If you love 911, great! congrats! enjoy! If you are not into LC, just walk away. I never pay any attention to 911 since it's not my dish. But that doesn't mean I have to prove LC is better than 911. Life can be easier than that.

You link the words "respect" and "attention" constantly with the cars you are driving or fond of. You even post your wife's car photos to make a point. Is it really necessary? If you need an exotic car to earn "respect", I would say perhaps the respect you are talking about is vanity. If you need an exotic car to catch attention, I would say you lack confidence.
Yeah, we just have drastically different taste (the above is hideous) and by your standard, anyone posting photos or even having a signature block depicting or listing their cars (which you do both) lack confidence. My point was the blue M3 gets more attention than the other two . . .

For 1/4 of the price for that behemoth Maybach, one of my close friend's has his Veyron Mansory for sale for $2.1 mm and the Mansory package alone was $1 mm Euro. This car is gorgeous and becomes glued to the ground and can drive hands off stable at 200 + . . . and still tracks true and perfect without a wobble. If anyone is interested, I can hook you up or he is pretty easy to find as there are not many of these for sale.

Again, my issue with the LC is engine and transmission and that Lexus once again flubbed by continuing to use a motor 10 years behind the curve in a $100k car that now cannot even keep pace with some SUVs in the same price range.
Attached Thumbnails C&D Numbers-17309356_10154589869872893_7734684624609114618_n.jpg   C&D Numbers-16796915_10210185705052433_3932612687988801350_o.jpg   C&D Numbers-13445658_10153827275012893_3943813443644137945_n.jpg  

Last edited by DougHII; 07-07-17 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: C&D Numbers