LC Model (2018-present)

First time sitting in lC

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-17, 03:57 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts
Default First time sitting in lC

hi all sat i a lc500 today and all my initial excitement is over. obviously if the car had electric and nav and radio were on it would have looked better
Some thoughts from first sit

1) car is designed for smaller frames, I'm 6 foot 200 pounds and not comfortable at all for me, even my head feeling i was an inch from sunroof
2) expected materials to be off the chain top notch.. noticed multiple touch points that were nice but not what i thought
3) the width of interior is too small fr me for long term purchase
4) the nav interface is still the same ridiculous controller that was recently updated and needs a now refresh
5) bottom line if your looking for a snug interior and have a small frame you may enjoy

also the amount of movement with the lines in the interior is ridiculous its too busy

i am at a loss what lexus is thinking lately they have a nice car hear but the competition is becoming a reality
Old 05-27-17, 04:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Actually I found it quite roomy, at least compared to my Huracan. I prefer snug connected feeling, otherwise I'd be driving an SUV. Maybe new LS is more to your liking.
Old 05-27-17, 04:49 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
hi all sat i a lc500 today and all my initial excitement is over. obviously if the car had electric and nav and radio were on it would have looked better
Some thoughts from first sit

1) car is designed for smaller frames, I'm 6 foot 200 pounds and not comfortable at all for me, even my head feeling i was an inch from sunroof
2) expected materials to be off the chain top notch.. noticed multiple touch points that were nice but not what i thought
3) the width of interior is too small fr me for long term purchase
4) the nav interface is still the same ridiculous controller that was recently updated and needs a now refresh
5) bottom line if your looking for a snug interior and have a small frame you may enjoy

also the amount of movement with the lines in the interior is ridiculous its too busy

i am at a loss what lexus is thinking lately they have a nice car hear but the competition is becoming a reality
There is no sunroof? I saw on a video, the carbon fiber roof has more clearance...
Old 05-27-17, 07:15 PM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

It is a little tight but it seemed to have more front shoulder room than my wife's IS350 but less than my Q50.
Old 05-27-17, 07:59 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

The controller is not ridiculous, unless you have bad dexterity. It's better than the turn **** type or the directional **** where both has to go a step to get to another step. The touch pad type is faster to get to a button to click.
Old 05-28-17, 09:36 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

i really wanted to warm up to this car, what it is , a great luxury gran tourer with some sport in it,
good looks, and toyota realibitlty..

again lexus is trying to do to much both with interior and exterior. i spent an hour looking at the lines in a showroom sitting down took videos, and have to say its time lexus and its california design studio start to get back to elegant designs that have less business. the interior of the one i sat in was black and its so busy its ridiculous , there is probably 20 different shapes and movements that are unnecessary
the v8 is brilliant, these days are short lived, electrics will be mainstay in 2020,
never thought i would say this but i will the one who is taking the world by design, engineering and brilliance is
yup Elon Musk,
it just makes too much sense
no engine,
no exhaust
no emmissions
uses no gas
no spark plugs
battery covered for 8 years unlimited mileage
tech great,
the time has come lexus again built a great car with 5 year old technology with motor and thought

yes the model s interior doesn't hold a candle the the japanese or germans, but watch over the next two years, about 5 months ago i put a down payment on a model 3 for around 40k and I'm starting to think more and more it really is the future.
coming from my rx and ls's with that amazing powertrain of the ls v8 i believe in it and lexus.
toyota and honda better wake up , bmw and tesla are going to change the market by 2020, and i bet on bmw before tesla
Old 05-28-17, 01:50 PM
bobraynard
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After owning an RC F my new LC is a lot roomier than the RC was. I'm 6ft 230# with no complaints!
Old 05-28-17, 05:30 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
i really wanted to warm up to this car, what it is , a great luxury gran tourer with some sport in it,
good looks, and toyota realibitlty..

again lexus is trying to do to much both with interior and exterior. i spent an hour looking at the lines in a showroom sitting down took videos, and have to say its time lexus and its california design studio start to get back to elegant designs that have less business. the interior of the one i sat in was black and its so busy its ridiculous , there is probably 20 different shapes and movements that are unnecessary
the v8 is brilliant, these days are short lived, electrics will be mainstay in 2020,
never thought i would say this but i will the one who is taking the world by design, engineering and brilliance is
yup Elon Musk,
it just makes too much sense
no engine,
no exhaust
no emmissions
uses no gas
no spark plugs
battery covered for 8 years unlimited mileage
tech great,
the time has come lexus again built a great car with 5 year old technology with motor and thought

yes the model s interior doesn't hold a candle the the japanese or germans, but watch over the next two years, about 5 months ago i put a down payment on a model 3 for around 40k and I'm starting to think more and more it really is the future.
coming from my rx and ls's with that amazing powertrain of the ls v8 i believe in it and lexus.
toyota and honda better wake up , bmw and tesla are going to change the market by 2020, and i bet on bmw before tesla
I don't think Toyota or Honda are too worried about the likes of Tesla. I for one will never buy a battery only vehicle. The future is hybrid technology, be that gas, hydrogen, etc. You're delusional if you think electric will be the mainstay in 3 years. Electric-only are less than 0.2% of global vehicles (and I'm being generous rounding up). Gas is cheap, and ev incentives are drying up.
Old 05-29-17, 01:06 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bobraynard
After owning an RC F my new LC is a lot roomier than the RC was. I'm 6ft 230# with no complaints!
The LC is not yet available in the UK, although i am going to test drive one on private land in the next couple of weeks, as a owner of a RC-F and now a LC how would you compare

1.... the ride comfort
2.... the getting in and out of the LC, is it easer, harder or the same.
Old 05-30-17, 07:31 AM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sat in one for a while, and I'm 6'4 220ish, but most of my height is in my legs. I was pretty comfortable
Old 05-30-17, 04:37 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

ok honda or toyota aren't conerned about tesla
another excellent forum nostradamus

every manufacturer is concerned over what tesla is doing
the questions is will the lunatic elon pull off the 400,000 orders without issues and without sinking the company by losing 5k per car
time will tell.
i do know a lot of smart money on wall street are betting on him

i bet bmw wins this game, there years ahead with tech and electrics and carbon fiber than toyota or honda
Old 05-30-17, 11:00 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know many people who won't be giving Elon Musk a dime of their $$...
Old 05-31-17, 06:46 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Im 6ft and 180 and I fit fine in there, feels comfortable.

Most of your complaints seem to center around the fact that you feel too large for the car (or the car is too small for you), hardly a fault of the LC.
Old 06-04-17, 11:14 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

6' 245lbs (in good shape) and the sport package seats (side bolsters) are too tight for me. The touring package seats fit just fine and were very comfortable. I found the legroom to be very generous (can barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way back) and head room was more than adequate with both the CF and Sunroof.