LC Model (2018-present)

Is the LC selling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-17, 01:52 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Great, I was thinking buying a new one at MSRP and now I will wait till the end of the year, I believe significant discounts will be offered.
Old 06-24-17, 03:04 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ragabnh
Great, I was thinking buying a new one at MSRP and now I will wait till the end of the year, I believe significant discounts will be offered.
I'm hoping for the same. Also hoping that during that time, there will be a more definitive answer on whether an LC-F will be offered in the future or not.
Old 06-24-17, 03:43 PM
lexuslcl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't expect significant discounts in a couple of months given many dealers are STILL charging over MSRP. I also think production has been reduced to keep up only with new orders after watching the LC market since the release of the car. The majority of the 300 cars available are the original ones sent to the dealers. Only 1 - 2 new hybrids over the last couple of weeks have appeared that haven't already been ordered. I was able to purchase one at MSRP with forum member Dwight047. The original dealer of the car I purchased still insisted on more than MSRP after several weeks of the car not being sold (before Dwight contacted me).

The car that is posted on Cargurus for less than MSRP has a over 1500 miles which explains the discount. The invoice price of $89K is accurate but is for a base model which Lexus hasn't shipped any base models of the LC from what I have seen.
Old 06-26-17, 12:34 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I don't think wr have sold an LC under $100,000. Most of them had a lot of options. There weren't any discounts available either.
Old 06-26-17, 08:49 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

It is definitely going to vary region to region. We have 4 sitting on the ground right now and even still no discount. We have turned away several offers of just $1,000 off. Hard to say when that will change. lexuslcl is correct; Lexus has cut back tremendously on production. The only ones being built at the moment in our region are already sold orders.
Old 06-27-17, 07:37 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight047
It is definitely going to vary region to region. We have 4 sitting on the ground right now and even still no discount. We have turned away several offers of just $1,000 off. Hard to say when that will change. lexuslcl is correct; Lexus has cut back tremendously on production. The only ones being built at the moment in our region are already sold orders.
What you said makes sense. It is a basic/simple "supply and demand game". If you want to keep the market price stable and the demand isn't much there, then you probably would have to cut back the production.
I heard Lexus cuts back even more on production of RC, especially RCF. Dealers do not have many RCF on the lots. Still, it is not selling.

I think i'll just sit back and relax. The least I worry is how to spend 100k. Let current owners test drive for us (no offense). I do not plan to pay MSRP or even close to it. RC depreciates 30%+ after 1 year. Lesson learned. lol The price will go down. Just not yet. I know it, you know it, Lexus also knows it.

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 06-27-17 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-27-17, 08:10 AM
xboxfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems like bad dealer/corporate policy.

So the current cycle is:
Dealer is turning away offers less than MSRP -->
Dealers selling less cars -->
Dealers profiting less -->
Lexus producing less -->
Lexus profiting less.

When a change of:
Dealers selling at a 2-3k discount increase sales significantly -->
Dealer profits more selling 5 cars at reduced profit than 0-1 car at full profit -->
Lexus makes more to keep up with demand -->
Lexus profits more

The only way selling at MSRP makes sense is if the dealer really can't keep up with demand.
This is clearly not the case if Lexus has reduced production because demand is not there.
Old 06-27-17, 08:19 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Originally Posted by xboxfan

So the current cycle is:
Lexus producing less -->
Lexus profiting less.

When a change of:
Dealer profits more selling 5 cars at reduced profit than 0-1 car at full profit -->
Lexus profits more

The only way selling at MSRP makes sense is if the dealer really can't keep up with demand.
This is clearly not the case if Lexus has reduced production because demand is not there.

Agreed. However, What dealers are doing also makes sense, at least for now. This is only the 2nd month in the market for LC. If you already discount big, the message delivered here would be devastating. They will lower the price and sell more cars. It is just matter of time. Which is fine to most rational buyers: 1st, at this price range, you got plenty choices. 2nd, you have to eat today, but you don't have to have a 100k coupe today lol

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 06-27-17 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-27-17, 08:33 AM
Dwight047
Driver

Originally Posted by xboxfan

So the current cycle is:
Lexus producing less -->
Lexus profiting less.

When a change of:
Lexus profits more

I agree with you completely... and if dealers were allowed to converse then we could all agree to discount, move units, and hopefully Lexus would amp up supply; but currently if we sell one discounted we aren't guaranteed to get another in that color combination etc so we are essentially giving away whatever profit we discounted from. In other words, if I discount my white/red performance package $2,000... there's no telling when I may get another one in and therefore I risk losing out on $2,000 because eventually it will sell at sticker (at least that's the mentality).
Old 06-27-17, 08:34 AM
Dwight047
Driver

Originally Posted by al503
I'm hoping for the same. Also hoping that during that time, there will be a more definitive answer on whether an LC-F will be offered in the future or not.
Btw, I can 100% guarantee a LC-F is coming to America
Old 06-27-17, 08:48 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

I agree with you completely... and if dealers were allowed to converse then we could all agree to discount, move units, and hopefully Lexus would amp up supply; but currently if we sell one discounted we aren't guaranteed to get another in that color combination etc so we are essentially giving away whatever profit we discounted from. In other words, if I discount my white/red performance package $2,000... there's no telling when I may get another one in and therefore I risk losing out on $2,000 because eventually it will sell at sticker (at least that's the mentality).

That is exactly the affect Lexus wants, for now, by cutting back on production to stabilize the price. Reducing supply ...
Old 06-27-17, 09:49 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

That's all fine by me. The lurkers can sit on the sidelines while the rest of us enjoy driving our LCs. My time is worth more than worrying about a few $$.
Old 06-27-17, 01:03 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Btw, I can 100% guarantee a LC-F is coming to America
Awesome. I'll hold you to it, lol.
Old 06-27-17, 04:41 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Just went to my dealer yesterday to check it out. They had 2 in stock, and not heavily optioned. Didn't see a markup on the window, but dunno if they'd sell it to me for MSRP or discount either. Sales guy claims they have sold 2 V8's and a hybrid so far. I'm really early in my shopping, as I keep cars 10 years, and not even sure I want to spend this much on a car, so I'm in no hurry. But wow what a sexy body, and glorious exhaust. I'm a hybrid guy, but that V8 sound might be hard to pass up. I've always dreamed of buying a used Ferrari toy (drove a 458 in Maranello a few weeks ago), but this feels like it could be close to that but also a daily driver with Lexus reliability and back seats if I ever have to pick my kids up from school. Be honest - most people in the US buy Ferrari's to be seen in them, as there's no way to make use of their performance on the street. And the LC IMO is about as gorgeous. Only three things I didn't like - no Apple Car Play / Android Auto, useless trunk, run-flat tires.
Old 06-27-17, 05:10 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Just went to my dealer yesterday to check it out. They had 2 in stock, and not heavily optioned. Didn't see a markup on the window, but dunno if they'd sell it to me for MSRP or discount either. Sales guy claims they have sold 2 V8's and a hybrid so far. I'm really early in my shopping, as I keep cars 10 years, and not even sure I want to spend this much on a car, so I'm in no hurry. But wow what a sexy body, and glorious exhaust. I'm a hybrid guy, but that V8 sound might be hard to pass up. I've always dreamed of buying a used Ferrari toy (drove a 458 in Maranello a few weeks ago), but this feels like it could be close to that but also a daily driver with Lexus reliability and back seats if I ever have to pick my kids up from school. Be honest - most people in the US buy Ferrari's to be seen in them, as there's no way to make use of their performance on the street. And the LC IMO is about as gorgeous. Only three things I didn't like - no Apple Car Play / Android Auto, useless trunk, run-flat tires.
The back seats are useless, I don't think your kids would fit back there....

Quick Reply: Is the LC selling?