LC Model (2018-present)

first time seeing LC thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-17, 04:46 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts
Default first time seeing LC thoughts

hi all figured with all the preliminary excitement about the lc first time seeing it thoughts would be fun

saw two yesterday a hybrid in silver and red v8.
both cars are beautifully executed done cars. it was interesting the car with the ferrari like bubble in rear quarter looks sexier in real life
overall it was as expected but as in all lexus designs over the last years, seems little over done to get attention
i know alot of buyers want that zing but its a pretty car. the doors were locked at dealer the interior looked beautifully executed.

one interesting thought was above the rear tail lights they are using a material that is shiny grey, i don't know how that passed the smell test for longevity
Old 05-11-17, 08:46 AM
leahb16GSF
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be going in to see the one my local dealer just brought in today, they know I want one, so they are hoping I buy it. Black on black. I will let you know what I think after I see it. I have a bunch of photos and its beautiful. Once I see and drive it, I will post my thoughts.
Old 05-11-17, 03:32 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

My local dealer in Northern Virginia received the LC500 today that they ordered for me in Feb. Went out to look at it and finally sit in it. Wasn't able to drive as it was pouring rain and they didn't want to take it outside. I started it up in the showroom and it sounded GREAT! A beautiful car except when they did the order in Feb they placed it with the Touring Pkg which required the 20 inch forged chrome wheels (they say polished). Do not like these wheels so I passed on it. But it is very comfortable inside; the lumbar (2 way) felt good and it was much easier to get into and out of then the RC and much wider; The moonroof is fixed and does not open.

*** Update***
Got to test drive the LC500 today. It is a fast and an awesome sounding exhaust as all the reviewers have stated. The 10 speed transmission seems very smooth. One issue I have though is there are no manual controls for seat heating/cooling. You have to change your settings via the Menu screen. Could be somewhat distracting.

Last edited by PCW; 05-15-17 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 05-12-17, 07:27 AM
Chris8152
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PCW
My local dealer in Northern Virginia received the LC500 today that they ordered for me in Feb. Went out to look at it and finally sit in it. Wasn't able to drive as it was pouring rain and they didn't want to take it outside. I started it up in the showroom and it sounded GREAT! A beautiful car except when they did the order in Feb they placed it with the Touring Pkg which required the 20 inch forged chrome wheels (they say polished). Do not like these wheels so I passed on it. But it is very comfortable inside; the lumbar (2 way) felt good and it was much easier to get into and out of then the RC and much wider; The moonroof is fixed and does not open.
when you say its was was easer to get into and out of than the RC-F, is that because of the high boosters on the RC-F, would you say the ride seat hight on the LC is higher, lower or around the same as the RC-F?
Old 05-12-17, 09:26 AM
PCW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Chris8152
when you say its was was easer to get into and out of than the RC-F, is that because of the high boosters on the RC-F, would you say the ride seat hight on the LC is higher, lower or around the same as the RC-F?
The seat height is higher on the LC vs the RC-F and the door sills are not as high. On another note, for those members who live in hot climates and need to take water bottles in the car, the main cup holder in front of the track pad and the secondary one inside the front of the console both hold 24 oz Tervis Tumblers with ease. This was a major concern of my Wife's as we are looking to move to Arizona. I also tried out the new track pad on the LC and it was a challenge to get the cursor to follow my finger on the screen. Perhaps there's a setting to speed up the response but I couldn't locate it.

Last edited by PCW; 05-15-17 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 05-12-17, 01:21 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by PCW
If they ordered it for you, why didn't they get what you ordered? My dealer has a touring model coming in the same time as the car I ordered. On their stock vehicle, they were only able to choose exterior and interior colors. Just curious...
Old 05-12-17, 05:06 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Craig B
If they ordered it for you, why didn't they get what you ordered? My dealer has a touring model coming in the same time as the car I ordered. On their stock vehicle, they were only able to choose exterior and interior colors. Just curious...
i was able to select the color combo. When i asked the Sales Mgr the specifics of why I wasn't given the order.details I was told that all the initial LCs were pre-built with certain options and they matched the order as closely as pissible. For example this LC has the Head-up Display for $900 that I do not want. One would think that for a car costing almost $100k Lexus would cater more to the exact specs of the customer but apparently they didn't think that was necessary with this new model.
Old 05-12-17, 05:50 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by PCW
i was able to select the color combo. When i asked the Sales Mgr the specifics of why I wasn't given the order.details I was told that all the initial LCs were pre-built with certain options and they matched the order as closely as pissible. For example this LC has the Head-up Display for $900 that I do not want. One would think that for a car costing almost $100k Lexus would cater more to the exact specs of the customer but apparently they didn't think that was necessary with this new model.
Lexus is good at making full single option packages (unlike others that kill you with multitude of single expensive options). Especially for new vehicle launch, they want to streamline the production. Lexus may tune their packages for future model years, but unlikely if history is any indication You can always turn off the HUD. Honestly $900 is lost in the noise, it's pretty cool feature, and certainly helps resale.

Last edited by TimboIS; 05-12-17 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-13-17, 07:44 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PCW
I passed on my dealers first vehicle. I ordered mine with help from a rep from Lexus and ordered the performance package which comes with everything. Porsche kills you with charging for each available option. When I ordered my Porsche 996 twin turbo, foot well lighting was $740 that was one stupid option that I can remember. BTW, my car is going to arrive when their first car comes in. I should have my car next week, it's waiting to be trucked to the dealer which is only about 320 miles from where my car is now. Updated delivery 12th-17th.
Old 05-15-17, 08:38 AM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw two at Nalley in Roswell GA yesterday

Old 05-16-17, 02:40 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Mine is in, they're waiting for the shop foreman to install my hardwire for my Valentine One. He won't be back until next Tuesday.
I live 110 miles each direction from the dealer. I'm going to wait until he gets back and pick it up next week. It's sitting in his bay
at the dealership locked up.
Old 05-16-17, 06:02 AM
leahb16GSF
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went into my local dealer and test drove yesterday. It handles incredibly well, very very smooth ride, ML sound system sounds even better than in my GSF. Very clean lines interior and exterior. Not much faster than the GSF, only about .2 seconds, but drives very different. Car sounds nice and throaty just being all stock. I really loved this car, will be ordering soon as they now have my order form waiting for the go ahead. No way I can walk away with not getting this car.

Last edited by leahb16GSF; 05-16-17 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-16-17, 06:44 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I knew the car would look good in person, but damn it looks good in person! Pictures just don't do Lexus good with this generation of styling.
Attached Thumbnails first time seeing LC thoughts-photo506.jpg   first time seeing LC thoughts-photo429.jpg  
Old 05-16-17, 08:04 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

I haven't seen one in person but are the calipers/rotors the same size as the ISF/RCF?

V.
Old 05-16-17, 08:23 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I haven't seen one in person but are the calipers/rotors the same size as the ISF/RCF?

V.
LC are larger. +0.8" front / +0.6" rear. Rotors are two piece, and the calipers are aluminum. Those are the differences according to Lexus web.

Quick Reply: first time seeing LC thoughts