LC Model (2018-present)

LC called 'impractical'

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 05:55 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default LC called 'impractical'

On the HP, there's a story about how at least one publication has called the LC impractical. And the CL writer is quick to defend impractical cars... But maybe it's just me, I don't think this car sounds impractical at all. Because what's practical for one person isn't necessarily practical for another. I mean, I ride a bicycle to work most days. To be honest, a Lotus Elise would be plenty practical for me, as it'll keep me dry in the Seattle weather and hold more groceries than my messenger bag. What's your take here? Do you think the LC is impractical?
Old 04-19-17, 06:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Thankfully they build Corollas for people like that. I'm guessing he'll never have one, or a Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE buying an LC has one or more other cars in their garage.
Old 04-19-17, 06:23 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Most fun cars are pointless and impractical. You want practical you get a 4cyl sedan or a minivan or SUV (if you really need it for towing or tough terrains).
Old 04-19-17, 09:54 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

What do people realistically expect from a luxury coupe?

Is the LC anymore impractical than the SC430 was?
Old 04-21-17, 04:29 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Most fun cars are pointless and impractical. You want practical you get a 4cyl sedan or a minivan or SUV (if you really need it for towing or tough terrains).
For sure! All of my favorite cars — with the exception of my old Jag — have been somewhat "impractical" by traditional metrics.
Old 04-22-17, 01:11 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

If that's the case, then Bugatti surely leads the pack.
Old 04-22-17, 04:18 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
On the HP, there's a story about how at least one publication has called the LC impractical. And the CL writer is quick to defend impractical cars... But maybe it's just me, I don't think this car sounds impractical at all. Because what's practical for one person isn't necessarily practical for another. I mean, I ride a bicycle to work most days. To be honest, a Lotus Elise would be plenty practical for me, as it'll keep me dry in the Seattle weather and hold more groceries than my messenger bag. What's your take here? Do you think the LC is impractical?
One could argue that every Lexus ever made is impractical in some way. I can't remember ever buying a vehicle based on practicality. Every vehicle I have ever bought has been one that I find attractive and fun in some way. The first car I ever purchased was a brand new 1989 Supra Turbo. Practical? Hell no - It was my only vehicle for 8 years living in the midwest much of the time. But I was single and no kids, and I knew how to drive in snow and ice, so it worked. Frankly, if someone calls the LC practical, I would probably stay away from it!