Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-10, 10:05 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I just checked FlyAudios web sight and it looks like they figured out the airbag light issue. They will be shipping a hardware piece in a few weeks.
You are quick Greg, I just found out last night. This is great news! Here is the post from their forum!

Re:Airbag light is on all the time. Why? [SOLVED] 10 Hours, 52 Minutes ago Karma: 0
1) This issue only shows on 2007/2008/2009 Lexus IS250 and IS350 sold in US and Canada;
2) The 2006 Lexus IS250 does not have this issue;
3) Cars sold in countries other than US/Canada don't have this issue;
4) Clearing the ECU will not help fixing this issue.
5) After three weeks of hardworking, the FlyAudio engineers finally found out how to fix this issue. There will be a hardware piece released to fix it, and the hardware pieces are in production. It may take approximately two weeks for these hardware pieces to be shipped to the States.
Old 01-13-10, 10:16 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what was the deal?
Old 01-13-10, 10:54 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NemeGuero
So what was the deal?
I don't have all the details yet, but you can ask that question and probably get a better answer on their forum.
Old 01-13-10, 12:10 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent Victor an email asking about how hard it would be to install the new hardware piece for the airbag issue and his reply was that it would be a very easy install. So far between Automax and FlyAudio the response to the issues or questions we have had has been excellent!
Old 01-13-10, 01:19 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mISteRED
I sent Victor an email asking about how hard it would be to install the new hardware piece for the airbag issue and his reply was that it would be a very easy install. So far between Automax and FlyAudio the response to the issues or questions we have had has been excellent!
Great to hear! Can't wait to have this fixed and behind us so we can move on to updating the iPod interface.
Old 01-13-10, 01:44 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just place my order for this unit , so excited cant wait for it to arrive and get it install it in my car. I want thank Marlin from electrawarehouse.com for hooking it up with the amazing deal!
Old 01-18-10, 01:23 AM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

hello
I have euro version of 2006 IS 250
what version do I need:
what model shoud I order - Lexus -- E8039NAVI-1 (08 IS250) or Lexus --
E8039NAVI-2 (09 IS250).

what's the difference between them?
regards,
Anton
Old 01-18-10, 04:14 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

ooo.. a fix!... lets hope we get it asap!!
Old 01-18-10, 07:38 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
hello
I have euro version of 2006 IS 250
what version do I need:
what model shoud I order - Lexus -- E8039NAVI-1 (08 IS250) or Lexus --
E8039NAVI-2 (09 IS250).

what's the difference between them?
regards,
Anton
If you have a 2006-2008 model, you should purchase the E8039NAVI-1 . The only difference between them is the mounting brackets that fit into your Lexus dashboard. We have both in stock, let me know if I can help!
Old 01-18-10, 08:57 AM
omarban
Driver School Candidate

Could the original cd-charger and teh radio of Flyaudio unit commanded through the buttons in the IS steering wheel?

Thanks
Old 01-18-10, 09:04 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by omarban
Could the original cd-charger and teh radio of Flyaudio unit commanded through the buttons in the IS steering wheel?

Thanks
If you can control the stereo from your steering wheel now, you will be able to control it when the Fly Audio system is installed. Maybe those that have one installed can chime in and add their thoughts about the functionality of the steering wheel controls with the Fly Audio setup!
Old 01-18-10, 09:22 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^The unit is a perfect fit for our cars.. All the options and features will not change anything on our cars at all. From controls to steering wheels to our lower buttons that control the FM/AM radio and DISC change buttons will work with the new unit. We're not loosing anything but gaining all the features we need and expect our cars to have. Bluetooth, climate control, navi, ipod, bluetooth, DVD, easy undated software of map etc.. I dont think anything can match up with this unit in the future
Old 01-18-10, 09:39 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^The unit is a perfect fit for our cars.. All the options and features will not change anything on our cars at all. From controls to steering wheels to our lower buttons that control the FM/AM radio and DISC change buttons will work with the new unit. We're not loosing anything but gaining all the features we need and expect our cars to have. Bluetooth, climate control, navi, ipod, bluetooth, DVD, easy undated software of map etc.. I dont think anything can match up with this unit in the future
Thanks for clarifying Phil! Unfortunately, I don't have a steering wheel on my desk to help me control my desk unit, so it's probably better if people that have these installed answer some questions!
Old 01-18-10, 12:56 PM
omarban
Driver School Candidate

Where have you installed the GPS antenna? Has the GPS a TMC integrated?

Could i get an installation manual in order to see if i can installed flyaudio on my own? The installation link in the flyaudio website is out of order

Has someon installed TomTom software in the flyaudio unit? How?

Thanks again
Old 01-18-10, 02:09 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by omarban
Where have you installed the GPS antenna? Has the GPS a TMC integrated?

Could i get an installation manual in order to see if i can installed flyaudio on my own? The installation link in the flyaudio website is out of order

Has someon installed TomTom software in the flyaudio unit? How?

Thanks again
We install the GPS antenna wherever our clients request. We usually mount the antenna in the rear window behind the headrest. It is out of site and get's great reception. We run the wiring in factory locations to make the clean factory look of the entire vehicle. You can load Tom Tom or any other software onto the mini SD card and the system will run the software.

I am not quite sure what TMC is, can you elaborate on that and hopefully I can answer your question! Thanks!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350