IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

JIC Magic FLT-TAR coilovers on IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 11:29 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC Magic FLT-TAR coilovers on IS-F

Thanks goes out to CrazyMPG for his feedback/assistance regarding the JIC's. I promptly ordered mine after hearing his feedback.

Got them installed last night, getting a LITTLE bit of rub from the left side so might have to come up a tad.. I'm running stock rims, and here's the pics:

Before:

After:

Last edited by oztiks; 12-13-08 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added images
Old 12-13-08, 11:33 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JICs are the best hands down
Old 12-13-08, 11:56 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks better from the pictures you posted. Maybe some dead on side angels would help the cause more.

So far, have you noticed your ride quality to be...better or worse to stock? I find that many including me are experiencing a bouncy stock ride. Which can hopefully be fixed with a nice set of these!

Good job! Car looks
Old 12-13-08, 01:28 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After > Before. Looks good!
Old 12-13-08, 01:59 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, looks really good! Like ExclusivIS asked, hows the ride quality compared to stock? I'm considering picking up some of these
Old 12-13-08, 02:00 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

I did the eibach springs do the JIC'S ride better? or handle better? what is the cost?
Old 12-13-08, 02:10 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

To address everyone's question regarding ride quality - to me, it's night and day. They are 15 way adjustable and I am running them at 6 clicks front/back (so 6 from the softest) and the ride quality is CONSIDERABLY more "compliant" than stock. Now when I run over a reflector in the road (you know, the ones in the lines), it doesn't feel like I hit a 2x4. This was the "make or break" it item for my IS-F, as I could no longer tolerate the stock ride and I was going to be trading the car in unless I could get it better. The JIC's DEFINITELY have made me happy. I am actually going to mess with the settings so i can see how much "stiffer" than can go and still not get that factory "bounce".

So - summarized, these are 150x better than stock, in MY opinion. I think CrazyMPG shares similar sentiments, except he's running aftermarket wheels so it's a little harder for him to do apples-to-apples comparisons.
Old 12-13-08, 02:12 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DFLORES
I did the eibach springs do the JIC'S ride better? or handle better? what is the cost?

I can't answer eibach springs vs JIC's seeing as I haven't had eibach springs to test with on the IS-F. A spring only setup would not have made me happy either because I like things to be 'perfect', such as the ride height - which the JIC's allow me to do. same goes for the actual tuning of the suspension.

And, same as CrazyMPG's posts - I am not sure regarding regulations of posting prices from non-clublexus sponsors, so please PM me for details regarding where to get this suspension.
Old 12-13-08, 02:19 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Looks better from the pictures you posted. Maybe some dead on side angels would help the cause more.

So far, have you noticed your ride quality to be...better or worse to stock? I find that many including me are experiencing a bouncy stock ride. Which can hopefully be fixed with a nice set of these!

Good job! Car looks

Added some more pics to the original topic. None of them are quite dead-on from the side, though..
Old 12-13-08, 03:42 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Hey oz looks nice. how is the camber issue? Will it wear the tires quicker? How much? Off topic did you remove the SRT intake yet?
Old 12-13-08, 04:29 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Hey oz looks nice. how is the camber issue? Will it wear the tires quicker? How much? Off topic did you remove the SRT intake yet?
The camber issue isn't TERRIBLY obvious to the eye. How far off it is, I don't know. The tires could quite possibly wear poorly, but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I don't understand why the IS has no camber adjustment in the first place, or why there are no aftermarket kits for it...

Re: SRT, didnt get it removed yet. That's next.
Old 12-13-08, 04:31 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

PS- I decided to be 'adventurous' and go to '8 clicks'. definitely a noticable difference, and much closer to stock roughness (but still not "hard" like stock).. I think I'm going to nudge back to 7 clicks and see how I feel about that.
Old 12-13-08, 06:25 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

where in FL you located?? you gotta show Hi Profile's IS-F handling n ride quality so they can get it! LOL
Old 12-13-08, 07:54 PM
LexFather

Looks great and seems you love the ride. Congrats.
Old 12-13-08, 09:58 PM
TherealFIG
Driver

so you wanted to make it softer? I would not mind a stiffer spring rate with more damping adjustment. It does get hoppy in some road surfaces, but the spring rate seems too soft for my taste also. I dunno, gotta play with it.

Quick Reply: JIC Magic FLT-TAR coilovers on IS-F