IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Needle in the Haystack 08 ISF - What Do You Think It's Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-19, 09:56 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Needle in the Haystack 08 ISF - What Do You Think It's Worth?

Hello Everyone - I am trying to decide if I should sell my08 ISF. It's truly a needle in the haystack as it is the 3rd ISF in Northern California (I was suppose to get #2 but the dealership drilled the front bumper for the license plate so I had to wait for #3) It has only 2000 original miles on the clock, only driven on sunny days, always covered in my garage and has never been washed since new! No marks, dings, defects of any kind - it's truly like new! I am the only person that has ever driven this car - it has been babied since day 1. I am thinking of asking around $45k which I know is a lot of money and wondering what you guys think? I am on the fence to sell or not as I am probably moving to Idaho and not excited to ship the car but for sure will not drive it so considering selling it.
Thanks

Last edited by cardoc1; 03-16-19 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Bold Title
Old 03-16-19, 11:37 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Do you have all the work done? (valley plate, panels, headers)?
Old 03-17-19, 12:20 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

In reality sale price is a function of how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer to come around. Personally OP I think $45k is stretching it... but that is coming from someone who likes to drive their cars a lot and put tons of miles on them... so its just a number to me and I personally don't put as much value on low miles as some people. If you find the perfect buyer who is looking for a super low mileage 08 I wouldn't be surprised if you got $45k for it. However, at that kind of money I think most will opt for a newer model year with all the upgrades instead. I'm guessing closer to $40k would be your top for a reasonably quick sale but maybe I'm wrong. Best of luck, I'm sure the car is great.

Originally Posted by vraa
Do you have all the work done? (valley plate, panels, headers)?
Lol? Valley plate and panels on a car with 2,000 miles? Do you wipe before you use the toilet too?

Last edited by WillAP1; 03-17-19 at 12:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 05:26 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WillAP1

Lol? Valley plate and panels on a car with 2,000 miles? Do you wipe before you use the toilet too?
I think he’s referring to his 08 he currently owns.
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 05:40 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well my friend paid 45k for a brand new one in 09 from Lexus dealer I’m Bakersfield Ca . But if you’re patient the right buyer will come . Your asking price is CPO RCF and maybe GSF pricing territory.
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 06:41 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

There was a 2012 black on red posted on the ISF FB groups with 16k. Guy wanted $45k or so and I thought that was too high. I don’t think your car is worth less than $40k, but it will be tough to find someone other than a collector. Good luck!
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 07:10 AM
400to300H
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What color is the car?
Old 03-17-19, 08:40 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Well I don't mean to be the negative nancy in the thread, but I think the price you're seeking is very high. While it's cool to us here on the forum that your car is such a rare bird, I don't think that justifies the price at all to potential buyers. Even if you were to sell the car via the forum, the opinions here will still push a buyer to a 2011+ for less money regardless of miles.

I am also personally hesitant to buy a modern car that's sat for that long without being driven. The car is arguably still in break-in. Now you sound like a responsible guy, so I am not implying there's anything wrong with the car. I am just stating what I'd think if I read the ad for it.
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 09:44 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Well I don't mean to be the negative nancy in the thread, but I think the price you're seeking is very high. While it's cool to us here on the forum that your car is such a rare bird, I don't think that justifies the price at all to potential buyers. Even if you were to sell the car via the forum, the opinions here will still push a buyer to a 2011+ for less money regardless of miles.

I am also personally hesitant to buy a modern car that's sat for that long without being driven. The car is arguably still in break-in. Now you sound like a responsible guy, so I am not implying there's anything wrong with the car. I am just stating what I'd think if I read the ad for it.

This. It’s number 3, so nothing special there. It’s sat it’s entire life, which is bad on cars. Hopefully you ran it regularly, as in at least once a month. I would never buy a car that old with that mileage. It’s also the most common and worst year. You can get a low mileage 13-14 for much less. It has back breaking suspension, no LSD, and none of the very usable updates.

I saw a GSF for sale with 13k on the clock for 45k. To me, your car is valued in the 30s to the right buyer. Mileage matters, but these are 400k cars. I’d buy a higher mileage model (30-40k) that is much newer for way less money (I actually did). For high 30s, you can get a 12-13 with less than 50k. I think your car is reasonably a 35k car. If it sells for more, I’d be surprised. You will sit on it forever above that. Just my two cents.
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 10:48 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Just give you a price point. I bought my 08 back in 2014 with 5k miles for $38k. Yes, the market may have changed since then. You night get $35-40k depending on the buyer. Also, as a buyer I had no worries about it sitting. The car has been a blast to drive daily year round and on the track. Pushing 80k miles now and not a single problem.
Good luck!
cardoc1 (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 11:19 AM
cardoc1
Driver

It's White w/Black Interior - It has been driven throughout it's life (not sititng for more than a month - or two depending on weather) as I have had to run fuel through it to keep it running well and keep the tires round. A lot of times I have to drive it to move it in and out of my garage to use my garage and when I do move it both in and out I run it on a specific route on a country road to make sure the oil would get to full operating temp. This is time consuming as I do it when I move it out and again when I move it back in after it's been parked in my driveway. The rest of the time it was driven on back roads on nice days.
I really appreciate everyone's input as I am on the fence as to what if anything to do at this point with this car. Some days it feels more like work than pleasure because all this moving in and out to use my garage is x2 as I have to do the same thing with my RCF. I don't really need to sell it and when I move, things as far as garage space will be better. Thanks Again Everyone I Really Value Your Input!

Last edited by cardoc1; 03-17-19 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-17-19, 11:33 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by WillAP1
Yes I do, I also use baby wipes

AMA
Old 03-17-19, 04:11 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

If I were you, I would just get more garage. Your about to move, and money doesn’t sound like the issue. Here in a indiana, I can have a 1600 sq ft pole barn with 14 ft ceilings and 6 inch concrete floors, insulated and finished, built for 40-45k. Just build more garage, or buy with more garage since you are moving.

secondly, I would drive it more. You really own it for no reason at this point. It is not such a nice or rare car that it will appreciate. Track it, drag it, daily it... use it. It’ll never be worth what you value it at... so just keep it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jwconeil:
cardoc1 (03-17-19), vraa (03-17-19)
Old 03-17-19, 04:45 PM
AZFTW
Driver School Candidate

Why would anyone care if it's the 3rd ISF in Northern CA?
cardoc1 (03-19-19)
Old 03-17-19, 06:14 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Hell, give it a shot at $45k. I hope you receive that amount; it'll make the rest of ours look good!
cardoc1 (03-17-19)

Quick Reply: Needle in the Haystack 08 ISF - What Do You Think It's Worth?