IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DD supercharged ISF good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-20, 12:32 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

It’s important to mix at gas stations that guarantee e70 minimum. Some around me guarantee e70, and others a minimum of e51.
The following users liked this post:
Leander311 (09-29-20)
Old 04-19-20, 12:57 PM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 219 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
It’s important to mix at gas stations that guarantee e70 minimum. Some around me guarantee e70, and others a minimum of e51.
Also true. They usually have big stickers on the pump stating their minimum blend amount.
Old 04-20-20, 06:31 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I own a Supra and Marco made 1500 hp with his engine on stock GTE rods almost 20 years ago. GTE rods and GE rods are not the same. Calling the stock rods a problem at 3x design power is silly, and no one is building an IS F or RC F engine to 1500 hp. But regardless, adding weigh to the reciprocating parts is always a bad thing. You do it very reluctantly. I have a really well done piston kinematics spreadsheet and small differences in weight make big differences in force.

When I built motorcycle engines, we removed as much material as we could from the pistons consistent with delivering the service life the customer wanted. Down to the gram. It really matters.
Marco never made that much WHP on stock rods, quit making stuff up. I've known Marco and Larry from SP for 20 years. I've been in the Supra game since 99. That's BS. Tim Iacoli made 1041WHP on his stock short block Supra, which was the record for many years until recently when Yosdany Lugo made 1100whp down in Miami, but guess what, he only made 750 wheel torque at a very high RPM. Yosdany lost his motor not shortly after the record dyno pass. Marco made his big power back in the early 2000s when everyone ran PTE 76GTS turbos or larger to make big power and the cars made very low torque. In the late 2000s early 2010s the billet turbo technology came out along with the use of Ethanol-based fuels and folks started bending 2JZ rods like crazy. Unfortunately, you have to pay to play. It's great that you removed weight from your motorcycle engines, but that has nothing to do with making big power on small displacement turbo charged engines like the 2JZ, where strength of the equipment is more important than making the reciprocating mass light. We're not spinning the 2JZs to 12000rpms.

Steve
The following 2 users liked this post by 1A1:
ISF4life (04-20-20), ISFpowered (04-21-20)
Old 04-23-20, 03:16 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Ringland failure has been shown to be caused by excessive heat. Tracking the car even without a supercharger with inadequate oil cooling can cause ringland failure. It has also been though that the leaking valley plate can help cause this failure if its leaking for a while.

I daily my supercharged ISF and have zero concern about the engine or possible failure. The boost only turns on when you want it to. I would say 85% of the time the car never sees boost while driving, the only time it gets into boost is on a on ramp or when I feel like doing a pull.

Like any other machine, its only as reliable as the user. If you are constantly beating on the car then of course it's going to break or have a failure. If you don't know what you are looking for under load such as AF percentages then yes you could have a issue and not know it until its too late.

I have had the street kit (My car was used for development) and was pretty happy with it until I got sick of mixing fuel. Now I have upgraded to the full kit and use strictly 93

Either way RR-Racing has this kit down and tuned to perfection. The car honestly runs as it did when I first bought it (Bone Stock) and I'm happy with it.

I know people will ask what my times are or what cars I have raced, I supercharged it for my own reasons not for times or racing. I ran the strip a total of 2 times in the cars life and got a time of 11.4 on pretty worn street tires. Other than those 2 times the car is babied and doesn't see abuse nor has it by the previous owner. A compression check was done at the time of install and Rafi told me its one of the best he has seen. If that's not proof as to the car is only as good as its treated I don't know what is.

Long story short, daily a charged ISF? Hell yeah!

If you have questions let me know ill try and help.
BS ISF (04-23-20)
Old 06-28-20, 10:21 PM
ISF4TW
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickj718
Ringland failure has been shown to be caused by excessive heat. Tracking the car even without a supercharger with inadequate oil cooling can cause ringland failure. It has also been though that the leaking valley plate can help cause this failure if its leaking for a while.

I daily my supercharged ISF and have zero concern about the engine or possible failure. The boost only turns on when you want it to. I would say 85% of the time the car never sees boost while driving, the only time it gets into boost is on a on ramp or when I feel like doing a pull.

Like any other machine, its only as reliable as the user. If you are constantly beating on the car then of course it's going to break or have a failure. If you don't know what you are looking for under load such as AF percentages then yes you could have a issue and not know it until its too late.

I have had the street kit (My car was used for development) and was pretty happy with it until I got sick of mixing fuel. Now I have upgraded to the full kit and use strictly 93

Either way RR-Racing has this kit down and tuned to perfection. The car honestly runs as it did when I first bought it (Bone Stock) and I'm happy with it.

I know people will ask what my times are or what cars I have raced, I supercharged it for my own reasons not for times or racing. I ran the strip a total of 2 times in the cars life and got a time of 11.4 on pretty worn street tires. Other than those 2 times the car is babied and doesn't see abuse nor has it by the previous owner. A compression check was done at the time of install and Rafi told me its one of the best he has seen. If that's not proof as to the car is only as good as its treated I don't know what is.

Long story short, daily a charged ISF? Hell yeah!

If you have questions let me know ill try and help.
Are you still running the street kit or did you upgrade it? Did you notice any difference between the two? Did you get it tuned by RRRacing? If so, was that part of the install or was it a separate?
Old 06-29-20, 08:01 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4TW
Are you still running the street kit or did you upgrade it? Did you notice any difference between the two? Did you get it tuned by RRRacing? If so, was that part of the install or was it a separate?
Hi, tuning is included with all of our Supercharger kits.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Jwconeil (06-29-20)