IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DD supercharged ISF good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-19, 05:17 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
No way can it?! That's a ton of weight...I'd guess 100 lbs....but just a guess, lol.
And pretty sure there is no one with the RR supercharger on there ISF that's put 50k miles on it. The kit has been out less than 2 years... even at 2 years, that's 25k miles a year average....bit of a stretch. RR's supercharged F probably has the most mileage and abuse on it.....but they have a mixture of parts, etc from what I understand since it's really a test mule for product development. So that car may not be an accurate judge.

V.
Agreed but they also don稚 DD the car. I agree 50k might be a stretch but at least like 20k miles. The ones that do have it I知 sure don稚 DD their car. Well the majority of them anyway.
Old 02-17-19, 05:52 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered

Nice! I live in SoCal so I知 wondering what it would be like since I wouldn稚 really have anything else except my GSXR to daily which I rather not. So do you daily it on pump 91 octane? Do you use any octane boosters? How痴 your gas mileage?
I daily drive it with 91 octane, at time i put e20 and you can feel the add on power. Guess weight of the ss kit coz i remember transfering it from my door step to garage , maybe 90lbs to 100lbs .
Old 02-17-19, 05:59 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by ljdsong
I daily drive it with 91 octane, at time i put e20 and you can feel the add on power. Guess weight of the ss kit coz i remember transfering it from my door step to garage , maybe 90lbs to 100lbs .
Was your dyno done on 91?
Old 02-17-19, 07:40 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Was your dyno done on 91?
That dyno graph above is done with e30 mix but like what I said is not accurate coz the engine air filter is not cleaned since I install the ss kit plus the blower of the dyno shop is not enough.

leo
Old 02-17-19, 07:46 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

How does the supercharger sound when cruising at low throttle input?
Old 02-17-19, 07:57 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

That dyno graph above is done with e30 mix but like what I said is not accurate coz the engine air filter is not cleaned since I install the ss kit plus the blower of the dyno shop is not enough.

leo
Have you dynoed with it on just 91? I知 curious to see those numbers.
Old 02-18-19, 12:07 AM
njoyRice
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02
Very Quiet. You don't hear any spooling noise like you do with a procharger or paxton. If you let off throttle at a very high RPM then you can hear the blow off noise.
The following users liked this post:
tas02 (02-18-19)
Old 02-18-19, 07:49 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tas02
The sound is not aggressive for my taste, but enough to get attention specially in the stretch of the track. At the track people delighted about the sound. My set up is ppe/xforce and vibrant gesi hiflow cats
Old 02-18-19, 08:46 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

The sound is not aggressive for my taste, but enough to get attention specially in the stretch of the track. At the track people delighted about the sound. My set up is ppe/xforce and vibrant gesi hiflow cats
What part of Cali do you live in? Just curious to hear and see it in person if you don稚 mind. Do you have any pictures of your car?
Old 02-18-19, 08:48 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

I also wonder why two BOV痴 for only 7psi when just one would be more then enough and cut back the cost a bit along with weight.
Old 02-18-19, 10:54 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I thought Rafi said something along the lines of longevity and responsiveness vs just one as quoted below:

• Dual "Big Bubba" billet blow off Valves: We use not one, but TWO Turbosmart "Big Bubba" 2" blow off valves. Adequate venting is essential for SC responsiveness, reliability, and drivability.
Old 02-18-19, 11:18 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I thought Rafi said something along the lines of longevity and responsiveness vs just one as quoted below:
  • Dual "Big Bubba" billet blow off Valves: We use not one, but TWO Turbosmart "Big Bubba" 2" blow off valves. Adequate venting is essential for SC responsiveness, reliability, and drivability.
Yeah but 7psi is low. One turbosmart or tial BOV is more then enough for that. I have a friend of mine boosting I think 15psi on his mustang and only uses one tial BOV no issues or surging.
Old 02-18-19, 12:17 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

What part of Cali do you live in? Just curious to hear and see it in person if you don稚 mind. Do you have any pictures of your car?
Im in Sacramento CA. area. You are welcome to visit me here and maybe test drive the car.
leo
Old 02-18-19, 02:35 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Im in Sacramento CA. area. You are welcome to visit me here and maybe test drive the car.
leo
Awesome! I appreciate that I知 actually headed up there next month so I値l message you prior but I値l let you do the driving lol.
Old 02-18-19, 11:15 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by ljdsong:

"That dyno graph above is done with e30 mix but like what I said is not accurate coz the engine air filter is not cleaned since I install the ss kit plus the blower of the dyno shop is not enough."

That your ringlands are still intact after this sort of abuse speaks volumes for the durability of the tune.

Quick Reply: DD supercharged ISF good idea?