IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Greddy x kw coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-19, 11:37 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Bummer because you have no idea what your missing out on. These absolutely blew me away so in a way they ruined me I would never want less. I had BC coilovers and always had budget coilovers and these are way more then just in another league. Long term wise I’ve had them for 2 years on my DD/track ISF and they can handle anything. I can’t even describe word wise how much better these feel over any other cheap coilovers.
The best of the best suspension I've been in was the KW V3s in a S2000, I wish to get Penskes but it's too pricey for me. I'll set up with the RR route and see what they say. Thank you for the valuable input.
Old 04-22-19, 08:25 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Bummer because you have no idea what your missing out on. These absolutely blew me away so in a way they ruined me I would never want less. I had BC coilovers and always had budget coilovers and these are way more then just in another league. Long term wise I’ve had them for 2 years on my DD/track ISF and they can handle anything. I can’t even describe word wise how much better these feel over any other cheap coilovers.
After playing with Ohlins and Penskes, they definitely are on another level compared to Taiwan/Japanese coilovers. The micro adjustments on the Penskes are amazing whereas you would be dialing 3-6 clicks for something meaningful on Taiwan equivalents. They should last a long time if you maintain it properly.
Old 04-22-19, 08:37 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d
After playing with Ohlins and Penskes, they definitely are on another level compared to Taiwan/Japanese coilovers. The micro adjustments on the Penskes are amazing whereas you would be dialing 3-6 clicks for something meaningful on Taiwan equivalents. They should last a long time if you maintain it properly.
100% agreed. Plus you can have it rebuilt.
The following users liked this post:
3nergiz3d (04-22-19)
Old 04-28-19, 05:51 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

100% agreed. Plus you can have it rebuilt.
Ok... So RR racing has been ticking me off lately so I'm just gonna avoid any future products from them. Even tho I have there AOS system and Tune atm.

Not buying there Coilovers anymore after that dispute. Okay Ohlins is defintely out of budget. Is there anything mid range for this car?
Old 04-29-19, 07:26 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OneFastF
Ok... So RR racing has been ticking me off lately so I'm just gonna avoid any future products from them. Even tho I have there AOS system and Tune atm.

Not buying there Coilovers anymore after that dispute. Okay Ohlins is defintely out of budget. Is there anything mid range for this car?
Looks like a couple members here have enjoyed the HKS Hipermax MAX IV GT Coilovers
Old 04-29-19, 10:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Contact us for pricing on the KWxGreddy, KW or HKS!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-01-19, 04:47 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFastF

Just save for good stuff. KWs break for this car. They have plastic spring perches, so don’t go that route. Maybe the Greddys are ok. I personally would save for Ohlins if you want comfort and performance. Yes they are expensive, but it’s better than spending 2000 plus and not being satisfied. I’d rather spend 4000 and be happy with my purchase.
Old 05-01-19, 07:53 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Just save for good stuff. KWs break for this car. They have plastic spring perches, so don’t go that route. Maybe the Greddys are ok. I personally would save for Ohlins if you want comfort and performance. Yes they are expensive, but it’s better than spending 2000 plus and not being satisfied. I’d rather spend 4000 and be happy with my purchase.
and the comfort of mind that FIGS responds very quickly and can get these rebuilt when you want them rebuilt.
Old 05-01-19, 12:01 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
If money is not an issue, sure. $4000 is insanity. All KW V3 come with plastic perched on every platform out there. It is pretty rare to have such an issue to make it sound like a notorious problem. It is one of the best setups as many can confirm. I have them and by far the best mod done to my car.

So, if on the budget, Greddy KW are pretty much V2 version without the OEM top hats.
Haven’t heard a bad review for them yet, as I looked into getting their before deciding to get my KW V3s.

Last edited by Rossi; 05-01-19 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-02-19, 06:41 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
If money is not an issue, sure. $4000 is insanity. All KW V3 come with plastic perched on every platform out there. It is pretty rare to have such an issue to make it sound like a notorious problem. It is one of the best setups as many can confirm. I have them and by far the best mod done to my car.

So, if on the budget, Greddy KW are pretty much V2 version without the OEM top hats.
Haven’t heard a bad review for them yet, as I looked into getting their before deciding to get my KW V3s.
More than one member on this very forum have broken them. To say that they are crap for all platforms doesn’t justify it. Plastic spring perches, and instead of a second locking ring they literally use set screws that strip out. The design is flat out inferior. Plastic pieces should not carry the weight of a car, especially where forces multiply like spring perches.

If you can afford KWs, then call RR and have custom spring rate Road and Track coils built. They will save money, are rebuildable, and built well.

If your willing to save (because let’s face it, if you can spend 2500 on coils on your Lexus ISF, you can probably save and spend another 1500), then have RR or Figs build custom Penskes or Ohlins. Penske is best for track and Ohlins for street / with track duty (according to my research and reviews).

Google KW coils broke. I have no idea why they cost 2500...
The following users liked this post:
TurboGti (05-02-19)
Old 05-05-19, 09:23 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

that's exactly how i feel about them man, glad i am not the only one and now i know what some previous F owners were talking about.

also do not get their road and track coilovers they are meant for track and nothing to do with street comfort
Old 05-06-19, 10:08 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

this is an excellent review on the figs Öhlins that you wont find on any other coilover set up

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-review.html