IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pagid Pads - Lifetime Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-18, 04:40 PM
TheCap
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pagid Pads - Lifetime Guarantee

I've been watching Youtube videos from LegitStreetCars who works on a lot of AMG Mercedes and often reps FCP Euro for their lifetime warranty on Mercedes parts, even wear items.

With the SLK55 pads fitting the ISF, what's everyone's thoughts on the Pagid pads, buying them once, and then never needing to pay for a set of pads again?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...pping-warranty

FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement PromiseEvery auto part you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life, for as long as you own the vehicle. Our Lifetime Replacement Guarantee covers everything we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, gaskets, brake rotors, filters, and wiper blades!

Once the part purchased from FCP Euro wears out, simply purchase a replacement and then return the part you purchased to us within 180 days. We will issue you a refund against the replacement. No fine print, no restrictions, no time limit!
Old 12-31-18, 09:53 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I would contact them before purchase. Their warranty may not cover it for the ISF.
The following users liked this post:
vertex16 (04-27-19)
Old 12-31-18, 11:40 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

WHO is going to wear out pads or rotors in 180 days street use in a ISF ( yes you can do it at the track but would there warranty still hold if you said) I was on the track at the time and my brakes failed and my cars a right off can you buy me a new car NOT. But they will give you new wiper blades. LOL enjoy 2019 everyone cheers.
Old 01-01-19, 06:32 AM
TheCap
Driver School Candidate

I don't think you need to use the part in 180 days, I'm reading it as returning the worn part within 180 days of purchasing the replacement.
Old 01-02-19, 10:34 PM
goto35
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you link front and rear pads from fcp.

I use their like tile warranty all the time even on oil.

I'll def buy brakes from there
Old 01-03-19, 11:19 AM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Kinda funny I was watching legitstreetcars quite a bit as well and was looking for a fcp for imports, it looks like they used to have a fcp imports but it closed a while back. I had forgotten that the ISF shared brakes with some euro cars or I'd be curious to try these out. I can't find a ton about Pagid pads, but they are listed on fcp and also pagid's website.

Pagid's website has the applications listed, looks like some subaru's, alfa's, maserati's and mercedes. Weird that it lists the application for the ISF only up to 2011, I wasn't aware that there was any significant changes in brakes from 2011 up. No rear pads listed.

Pagid website
Old 01-03-19, 02:42 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimase
I wasn't aware that there was any significant changes in brakes from 2011 up. No rear pads listed.
There isn't!

BTW, I don't buy my pads for warranty I buy them for performance.

Lou
Old 01-03-19, 03:57 PM
TheCap
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider
There isn't!

Lou
This will be my first pad replacement, but I've read that Pagid and Textar use the same compound (correct me if that's wrong) and since I don't track the F, I've found these are more than sufficient for me. Any idea the Brembo model number of the rear calipers? I don't mind being the guinea pig for FCP if they have a rear pad that works as well.
Old 01-03-19, 09:02 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

There isn't!

Lou
Oh I agree, but the RS14 Pagid compound actually doesn't sound too bad, and the vehicles that are cross referenced aren't exactly Toyota Camrys either.
Old 01-03-19, 09:03 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheCap
This will be my first pad replacement, but I've read that Pagid and Textar use the same compound (correct me if that's wrong) and since I don't track the F, I've found these are more than sufficient for me. Any idea the Brembo model number of the rear calipers? I don't mind being the guinea pig for FCP if they have a rear pad that works as well.
No rear pads are listed for applications on pagid's website, that doesn't mean there isn't another euro to cross reference though.
Old 01-03-19, 09:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I have researched and can find no other vehicle that uses the ISF rear caliper. As such, my pads are Ferodo DS2500 in front and PM +800 pads in the rear. The rear PM pads, are ISF specific. If Ferodo made rear pads for the iSF, I would use them.

Lou
Old 01-04-19, 05:20 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

^^^^I have researched and can find no other vehicle that uses the ISF rear caliper. As such, my pads are Ferodo DS2500 in front and PM +800 pads in the rear. The rear PM pads, are ISF specific. If Ferodo made rear pads for the iSF, I would use them.

Lou
Lou how do you find the initial bites of Ferodo pads all around daily as well as spirited driving capabilities of these pads as well as the amount of dust they put out.
Thanks
David
Old 01-04-19, 08:06 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Oh I agree, but the RS14 Pagid compound actually doesn't sound too bad, and the vehicles that are cross referenced aren't exactly Toyota Camrys either.
RS14 are a great compound but these pads are not RS14. They are from Pagid's OEM side and not the motorsport side (very much segregated).

No rear pads are listed for applications on pagid's website, that doesn't mean there isn't another euro to cross reference though.

Lou
Correct. The front pad shape is shared with a few different Japanese, German and Italian models but the rear is bespoke IS-F. If you buy these front pads you'd have to do a bit of experimenting to see what rear pad compound from another brand would match up to the torque curve or you could potentially have some issues if you drive aggressively from time to time.

This is why you see more compounds in the front shape but only a handful in the rear. HC+800 has officially been axed so we are going to see if we can push to do a big batch order of rear DS2500 since that front compound has started to gain popularity on this car.

-Matt M.
Old 01-04-19, 12:37 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Lou how do you find the initial bites of Ferodo pads all around daily as well as spirited driving capabilities of these pads as well as the amount of dust they put out.
Thanks
David
I have found them to be a GREAT all around pad. Initial bite is fantastic, IMHO. Sorry to hear about the +800s Dust is not their strong suit. But I wipe down my wheels after every drive. For me, performance over dust any day.

And, Matt correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I was the first ISF owner to put The Ferodo DS2500 on my ISF. Did that over 6 years ago.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 01-04-19 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-04-19, 02:17 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
We are going to see if we can push to do a big batch order of rear DS2500 since that front compound has started to gain popularity on this car.
-Matt M.
Happy to hear. Count me in for a rear set.

Quick Reply: Pagid Pads - Lifetime Guarantee