IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Decided to go with the supercharger kit for the isf

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-18, 08:28 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Decided to go with the supercharger kit for the isf

So I gave myself a couple options . One was to get a Rolex 41mm buss down or buy a newer faster car or just install the supercharger and after a month of deciding I decided to call Simon and will be doing a compression test to my engine to see if everything is working normal or properly before the supercharger install . I wanted to hold off til spring but kept getting smoke by evos lol just need more power and hopefully it’ll b enough to satisfy myself and beat some evos . Plus I never had a forced induction car and thought I would share it with you guys since not many have the supercharged kit installed yet . I really wanted to wait until more people got it to see if there’s any common issues or if anyone is having problems but from my research and what I’ve read I think I should be fine plus been dealing with RR Racing for awhile now and they always take care of me . Wish me luck on this journey lol. I will be dropping the car off next Friday and prey I get a 100 on my compression test lol so we can move forward to the supercharger install
The following 7 users liked this post by Scott610:
BS ISF (10-11-18), DaveGS4 (10-11-18), ddcruise (10-22-18), ISF5L (10-22-18), MGallagher (10-11-18), MileHIFcar (10-11-18), topguy573 (10-11-18) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-10-18, 09:29 PM
xaker777
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott610
So I gave myself a couple options . One was to get a Rolex 41mm buss down or buy a newer faster car or just install the supercharger and after a month of deciding I decided to call Simon and will be doing a compression test to my engine to see if everything is working normal or properly before the supercharger install . I wanted to hold off til spring but kept getting smoke by evos lol just need more power and hopefully it’ll b enough to satisfy myself and beat some evos . Plus I never had a forced induction car and thought I would share it with you guys since not many have the supercharged kit installed yet . I really wanted to wait until more people got it to see if there’s any common issues or if anyone is having problems but from my research and what I’ve read I think I should be fine plus been dealing with RR Racing for awhile now and they always take care of me . Wish me luck on this journey lol. I will be dropping the car off next Friday and prey I get a 100 on my compression test lol so we can move forward to the supercharger install
keeping u in prayers lol rip those tires
Old 10-10-18, 11:10 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to a very select club.

You really won’t be disappointed with the kit from Rafi and Simon. Just done a 500+ mile road trip up to the North of England with the U.K. Lexus forum. Car and blower performed flawlessly.

I’ve also worked out exactly what I need to do to bring it online, so I can conserve fuel when needed. I was travelling in convoy with a couple of relatively stock ISF’s both ways, and we all had roughly the same amount of fuel left when we stopped at the service stations for breaks.

When I did put my foot down, it was like night and day! The guys following me loved the sound, and I was pulling truck lengths with minimal effort.

I’m coming up to a year now with my supercharger kit, and not a single gripe or issue to report. As with all my other RR-Racing products, the quality, materials, testing really shows.

It’s not cheap, but it’s worth every cent!

Best of luck, and do let us know how you get on.

All the best,

Pete
The following 2 users liked this post by PDP180180:
ISF5L (10-22-18), Ram3n (03-12-19)
Old 10-11-18, 03:03 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Thanks Joe... we will always take good care if you, let’s just make sure the compression numbers are good and You’ll get a lot more pleasure out of the SC than the Rolex!

Rafi
Old 10-11-18, 04:38 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm glad you chose the SC route - purely for my own selfish reasons...
Old 10-11-18, 06:20 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Thanks Pete for the reassurance makes me little less stress even though I have 3 other cars only got one life and I’m gonna do it lol and appreciate everything Rafi been with you guys from day one when I bought my 08 been through a lot . Older brother totaled it now I have 2011 which I like better . Will see you next Friday Rafi can’t wait lol
Old 10-11-18, 08:25 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Are you going UEL or EL headers? Videos of you killing other cars when all is said and done please!

And good luck, although RR Racing got your back so not really needed!
Old 10-11-18, 09:06 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Congrats. I’m a little jealous. I am considering this route as well. But I also plan to grow old with the car, so I am considering leaving it N/A for very LONG TERM reliability.

Im not saying their kit isn’t reliable. But I have had some back luck with forced induction in the past... completely unrelated to Lexus or RR.

I may join the dark side after buying a house with a massive garage, which I’m still shopping for.

please report back with your results.
Old 10-12-18, 05:08 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

GL Joe! Can't go wrong with any of your options
Old 10-21-18, 05:41 PM
Scott610
Advanced

^^^ thanks bro . Everything tested fine . 👍🏽👍🏽 Just waiting on Simon and Rafi to get me in .
Old 11-08-18, 06:00 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Default All installed

With all said and done the supercharger is installed will take pics of it when I get a chance and will keep you guys posted
The following 5 users liked this post by Scott610:
3nergiz3d (11-08-18), MileHIFcar (11-08-18), MpKSonic (11-08-18), RRRacing (11-08-18), topguy573 (11-08-18)
Old 11-09-18, 04:32 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

With all said and done the supercharger is installed will take pics of it when I get a chance and will keep you guys posted
Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 11-09-18, 08:30 AM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

I think it's hard to translate the feeling I get, but I'll try *Ooofff
Old 11-09-18, 11:47 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Stop teasing and upload videos already!
Old 11-10-18, 05:07 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Dyno at Rr racing and from Rafi Changing the fuel pump this week to try to get more hp
The following users liked this post:
topguy573 (11-13-18)

Quick Reply: Decided to go with the supercharger kit for the isf