IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF finally eligible for sticky dash panel replacement as of Oct 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-18, 01:47 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton6964
I just drove into my local dealership today. They are replacing the dash and driver side door panel. Couldn't get them to do any of the other doors. They said they looked okay but if they start to get sticky while the campaign is still going on they would fix it. They also said it would probably be a year wait for the new dash and door panel. Seemed slightly ridiculous considering I was the first F at that location to sign up for this. I also didn't need TSB number.
A year? Does that seem normal? My Dad recently bought a new Audi SQ5 which they mistakenly sold to someone the next day. So he had to order one to be built and shipped to the US, which took 4-5 months. And that was to build a whole car.

I'd rather have garbage looking doors and dash replaced sooner than a year from now. Why so shockingly long?

Yes, i'm done crying and no I will not need a wambulance.
Old 10-07-18, 08:51 AM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm right there with you. I think a year is beyond ridiculous. However I know some is250/350 owners were waiting that long to get the parts and repairs completed. I think what bothers me the most is they didn't even do any sort of test on any of my panels other than just physically looking at them. They were really kind of clueless when I walked in. They had to ask 2 different managers what they were to supposed to be doing. And like I said they only wanted to replace my dash and driver side door. I tried explaining that when my car sits outside in the sun all the panels become sticky. They didn't really seem to care and just said well it looks okay now. But if it gets worse in the future come back. I don't understand why they can't replace all at one time seeing as the original panels are all made of the same material, meaning eventually it will become like the other panels. Why not just take the preventive measures and fix it now instead of me having to come back and go through the entire process again. Seems really stupid and poorly planned.
Old 10-07-18, 03:57 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Yeah you may have to go back and force the issue a bit if they want to replace one door and the dash, but not the other door. That's laughable.
Old 10-07-18, 05:49 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it'd be in their best interest to replace your good door panels that could go to other people with bad door panels.
Old 10-07-18, 05:58 PM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
I don't think it'd be in their best interest to replace your good door panels that could go to other people with bad door panels.
That's what I'm saying though. They just looked with their eye *****. They did no real testing. They all need to be replaced....all you have to do is have long nails and boom chucks are flying out...
Old 10-07-18, 06:06 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Next time I stop by Lexus, I'll ask my buddy if they have a procedure that they are supposed to follow. At least then, you'll be able to say with certainty how you want your inspection completed when you stop by.
Old 10-07-18, 06:17 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

They have a procedure. I posted the PDF with the procedure they use in the L-SB. It's pretty subjective.
Old 10-08-18, 01:04 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Or you could do a little experimenting on your own with the 'good' door panel, just to see how it reacts and holds up at different times of the day and what-not. Just want to be thorough, right?
Old 10-08-18, 05:08 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got a call from my SA. All of my parts are in. It's going in Thursday to get it completed. So less than a week to get the four door panels in since they had the dash already.
Old 10-08-18, 05:17 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Are the new dash and panels made out of better materials? Would be a shame if it’s just the same stuff.
Old 10-08-18, 06:04 AM
suprsedan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmood
I have seriously been toying with this idea until now. Even got to the point of having a design for panels and dash in my head and have been researching upholstery shoos in the area and state. I was gonna do full alcantara on the dash and panels.
I was planning on doing the exact same thing. Glad I didn’t though! May still do the dash and have blue stitch in the alcantara and embroidered F emblem
Old 10-08-18, 06:05 AM
suprsedan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lmood
Just got a call from my SA. All of my parts are in. It's going in Thursday to get it completed. So less than a week to get the four door panels in since they had the dash already.
Offering loaner cars?
Old 10-08-18, 07:08 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by suprsedan

I was planning on doing the exact same thing. Glad I didn’t though! May still do the dash and have blue stitch in the alcantara and embroidered F emblem
That would be badass. Wonder if they will let me have the old pieces to play with. Or may have to revisit this of the new panels and dash start to do the same thing.
Originally Posted by suprsedan

Offering loaner cars?
Mine did. She knows I am getting on the road Saturday. Should have it back that afternoon.
Old 10-10-18, 06:40 AM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the approval for the dash and door panels. Yesssss! Hopefully, the parts are available.
Old 10-10-18, 07:07 AM
suprsedan
Driver School Candidate

Is anyone from the Chantilly, VA location getting information? The dealership here doesn’t seem like they know much of anything about it!

Quick Reply: ISF finally eligible for sticky dash panel replacement as of Oct 1, 2018