ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Pricing the ISF w/ mods but accidents from original owner (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/898822-pricing-the-isf-w-mods-but-accidents-from-original-owner.html)

robertrios 09-06-18 06:51 PM

Pricing the ISF w/ mods but accidents from original owner

So as the thread title reads I have been going nuts trying to price my ISF. I purchased it back in 2012, the original owner in NY got into two accidents prior to that but I personally have not experienced any issues with the car due to that. For example I had an extended warranty and anything at all that ever needed replaced (like the radiator) was done no questions asked. I am sure a master tech or someone with a lot of experience could tell but it was never an issue. From a reliability standpoint I have never had any issues, I have replaced the brakes, tires, regular fluids, etc. like you would with any car.

The issues it does have are regular known ISF issues like the sunroof noise (although I did buy the surrounding rubber which is supposed to help). So nothing big on that front. From a mod standpoint, I was one of those people that wanted the 2012 model but it was out of reach in 2012 lol. So I bought an 08 in my desired color-USB and began looking for the parts from the 2012 that I really wanted. They were:

-2012 Wheels
-2012 springs and shocks
-2012 steering wheel (blue on the bottom)
-2012 Headlights with the LEDS.

Un-related mods:

-Intake tube.
-DDCM1 1000W@1ohm AMP with 2JL-12W6v2 (This I can remove prior to sale)
-Vaistech ML+
-Fsport Shift Knob
-Roof Spoiler

There are some cosmetic issues I have been waiting to fix until we had the 3rd car out of convenience such as:

-Front Passenger door has a paint crack, was going to just have the door repainted and blended but its kind of hard to see when the car is detailed or dirty lol.
-Rear spoiler paint fade...seems to be common.
-Rear bumper has about a 2 inch by 2 inch scratch from backing into a concrete pot that was empty (dealer had somehow turned off my parking sensors...long story). After that it started sagging on the driver side which is probably just hardware that I loosened. I figured worst thing just get a new OEM one and swap it.

The rest of the car interior and out IMO is awesome, especially for a car of this age. It now has around 72k miles. Tesla was offering $16k for it in trade and I could not see myself taking that...it was worth more to me than that but searching online I see such a wide range of pricing that now I am thinking I should have just taken that to avoid the hassle or find a way to keep it an make it work in terms of storage. I will add some better pics soon but Ill attach two that are on my phone now
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...429b4b314d.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...fda33887a0.jpg
. I would hate to basically give it away.

Anyhow looking for any insight. I know I know, look at the prices, list it and sell it but I have always enjoyed the discussion on here for all 3 of our Lexus vehicles over the years so I figured I would reach out. Thanks in advance.

Jwconeil 09-06-18 08:04 PM

Just keep it and enjoy it. Cars can be safely parked outside. Then it keeps your next car pristine.

id imagine it could easily fetch 23-35. Don’t take 16.

MileHIFcar 09-06-18 08:16 PM

Agree^^^^^If your not desperate for cash, then take your time and list the car properly and wait for a sale in the mid 20's..........and don't give it away geez it's not totaled or wrecked??

GLWS

dannyk8232 09-06-18 11:24 PM

16k is highway robbery.

Having an F-Sport shift knob probably reduces value by 5-6k though. :p

robertrios 09-07-18 05:56 AM

LOL yea, it was on my Is-250 and I took it as a memento. Thanks for the input so far everyone.

Kenny88880 09-07-18 08:08 AM

Why don't you list it for sale at $25k and see what kind of offers you get? You will get more than $16k for sure.

Jwconeil 09-08-18 08:02 AM

I’d give you 16 for it in a heartbeat. It’s an offensive price.

You May want to hang onto it. 20 grand is a lot of money, but honestly it probably won’t devalue much more than it already has. Tesla’s are cool, but you will miss the V8 rumble. My F is my third car, it’s a carport queen. They make good track cars, and are reliable to boot. If you like Motorsports, you could keep it for pure fun. Since the body isn’t perfect, you won’t need to stress about the nicks and eventual door dings (woman dinged me yesterday hard in my 350 and then straight lied to my face about it... I hate people. She drove a loaded Cadillac Escalade).

If you want to part any of your 2012 goodies, let us know. The wheels are worth a lot, and I want some 12 plus suspension for my 350.

We wish you well, whatever your decision may be.

robertrios 09-21-18 06:59 AM

Yea, well the $16k I assume is just a black book price so they can flip it. I am going to get the small issues resolved and then decide what to do afterwards although seeing her mint again will probably make me want to keep the car lol, I also need to shop insurance and see if I can find a better deal right now I pay basically the same for our SC430, ISF and Tesla. But hey if I decide to let the car go I will certainly post on CL first!