ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   OEM alignment off spec (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/898047-oem-alignment-off-spec.html)

Diesel350 08-29-18 08:02 AM

OEM alignment off spec

Just had my alignment done and they couldn’t get camber and caster in spec. Are my current measurements fine or will they cause issues? Was the tech just an idiot or are there possible issues with my suspension?https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...63aca2c59.jpeg

sleepstate 08-29-18 09:46 AM

There is no adjustment from the factory on these except for Toe. Camber and caster are fixed from Lexus, need aftermarket parts to adjust.

You can play with Caster a little, the front lower control arm rear mounts have slightly slotted holes, but tits a crapshoot and not meant for alignment shops to adjust.

BlckGhst 08-29-18 11:43 AM

I installed aftermarket camber arms on mine to bring it back to spec

tacosmashr 08-29-18 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sleepstate (Post 10291773)
There is no adjustment from the factory on these except for Toe. Camber and caster are fixed from Lexus, need aftermarket parts to adjust.

You can play with Caster a little, the front lower control arm rear mounts have slightly slotted holes, but tits a crapshoot and not meant for alignment shops to adjust.

I believe you can loosen the subframe and shift it around to get it in spec. From what I remember the subframes are not pinned.

Jeff Lange 08-29-18 04:33 PM

Lexus sells adjustment bushings for the rear on the lower control arms to adjust caster, but it is only used to adjust it +/- 0.33 degrees.

Jeff

Jwconeil 08-30-18 08:18 AM

I’d love to see a supercharged LSD Corolla, Jeff. # respect.

lobuxracer 08-31-18 02:44 PM

Is the car lowered? If it is, the numbers on the front are no surprise.

Diesel350 09-01-18 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 10293822)
Is the car lowered? If it is, the numbers on the front are no surprise.

Not lowered. OEM Suspension

lobuxracer 09-01-18 05:15 PM

How old are the springs (mileage)? They are probably sagging.

Diesel350 09-02-18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 10294636)
How old are the springs (mileage)? They are probably sagging.

48,000 miles.

lobuxracer 09-03-18 06:04 PM

Did the alignment shop set the tire pressures before they aligned it?

Did they measure the ride height and compare it to factory spec?

Everything in your print out screams lowering springs, that's why I ask.

Diesel350 09-04-18 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 10296273)
Did the alignment shop set the tire pressures before they aligned it?

Did they measure the ride height and compare it to factory spec?

Everything in your print out screams lowering springs, that's why I ask.

Yeah that I'm not sure. I will have to take it back and have them take a look at it again.

robertrios 09-07-18 06:37 AM

When I went I had a similar result and the tech had actually seen it before on another F. He said you can order some bolts? (thats what they looked like) from the dealer that is used for them to correct it. He quoted $70 for the installation of them I believe. I get lifetime alignment at Firestone and I figure the other F driver did as well and he came back so many times the tech did his research. I was going to do it but been so busy I have not gotten the chance.

Weapon F 09-12-18 11:50 PM

You can alter the camber by using a set of superpro camber correcting bushings. You can alter camber + or - by one degree. Had them installed them when I had coilovers put on the car knowing that the camber would be off. I have mild drop was primarily done to improve ride quality. Just swap out the OEM upper control arm bushings with superpro adjustable urethane chamber correcting bushings.and ajusted as needed.

lobuxracer 09-13-18 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by robertrios (Post 10300014)
When I went I had a similar result and the tech had actually seen it before on another F. He said you can order some bolts? (thats what they looked like) from the dealer that is used for them to correct it. He quoted $70 for the installation of them I believe. I get lifetime alignment at Firestone and I figure the other F driver did as well and he came back so many times the tech did his research. I was going to do it but been so busy I have not gotten the chance.

There is no truth to this. The only adjustment from the dealer affects caster primarily, and that is done with a different rear LCA bushing. There are no bolts available from Lexus to change anything on this suspension, and I would be very suspicious of anyone claiming they can do this for a whole bunch of reasons.