IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Advise on purchase 08 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-18, 12:13 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by ninten5
I know people get pissed when I say this but when I buy a 30k luxury sport car, it better not have the same interior (minus seats) and mostly same exterior as a $6k car (is250). Believe me, passengers always comment on mine.The Audi is worlds ahead design wise with similar power and similar price. The Chrysler might not be as prestigious as a Lexus but its not unreliable as people claim.

And to that guy about ats-v, its not quite 30 grand yet but when it is, it would def be a superior option to the F. Consequently, an RC-F has better tech and design than the F but its also not at the price point yet.

But good luck on buying the F dude. I had a dealer not budge on the price on one so I left. Car didn't sell for like 3 months lol
I have a 350 and an F. The interior and exterior are both drastically different. My wife makes fun of the 350 interior now. Just saying, totally different quality and options.
Old 08-12-18, 08:29 AM
Swtnlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the things to look at in the pictures are the condition of the interior. Look at the drivers seat wear. This is what drove me away from some of the F cars on the West Coast. Also, pull all of the service records on the Lexus drivers website if you haven’t done so already. Read through them thoroughly and you should be able to pick out any issues from purchase until present. Do your homework before showing up. I would stay away from cars with no service history or multiple owners. I would also say to stick to your price as much as possible. One of the dealers I went to had a pretty clean 08. Didn’t want to come down 900 dollars or even meet me in the middle. Something about a No Haggle Price. Now they have cut the price almost 3k and still cant sell it. Their loss. Not too many people rolling around looking for an ISF. Most go back to what the other posts said.... More horsepower here, more technology technology there. You have to really want an ISF to buy one. Good Luck!
Old 08-12-18, 08:45 AM
NCTUAN1983
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for everyone's input. I did go to GA with my buddy to test drive the car and drove it home. It was a long drive but worth it to me. The condition of the car is in excellent condition for a 10 yrs old to me. I've attached some pictures for guys to view.... even though we all know what the car looks like already. Sorry I'm no photographer or anything like that. Enjoy

Old 08-12-18, 09:46 AM
davidm0792
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Lexus ISF For Sale

I tried posting it for sale in the market place category, but I guess I do not have that privilege.
$24,000
2008 Lexus IS-F
5.0L V8
8 Speed Automatic
97K Miles
Original Owner
Great AC
Great Tires
2 Key Fods

I am sure if you are interested in this car you must already know a lot about it. This has been a great car. I have had all the services done at the Lexus dealer. I've got about a book full of receipts. At about 90K miles I did have the RR Racing header, intake, and tube installed. I simply just wanted a little more power as that's what you get with this combination. Other than that the car is all original. Thank you, Dave
Old 08-12-18, 10:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by NCTUAN1983
Thank you for everyone's input. I did go to GA with my buddy to test drive the car and drove it home. It was a long drive but worth it to me. The condition of the car is in excellent condition for a 10 yrs old to me. I've attached some pictures for guys to view.... even though we all know what the car looks like already. Sorry I'm no photographer or anything like that. Enjoy
The stock wheels on the early ISF are corner specific. Looking at the pics of the left side. The rear wheel is correct, assuming it's the wider 9" wheel and the front wheel is on the wrong side, assuming it's the 8" wheel.

Looks like a very clean "F"

Same with the AZ car, posted in the wrong section

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 08-12-18 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-17-18, 02:19 PM
pho99
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RickJWag
Looks fair to me.
I bought a silver 2008 a few months back in the mid 20's, I've been very happy with the purchase.
Check this forum for a few caveats-- mostly valley plate issue. They're great cars.
what is valley plate issue? I know i know i should search but I’ll admit i’m too lazy too search today

TIA
Old 08-17-18, 02:23 PM
pho99
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackLight
Don't get me wrong - I have a soft-spot for Mopar muscle - but the IS-F and the Charger SRT8 do not drive the same. I'm not talking about brand image, prestige, etc. The Challenger and Charger are both heavy - that iron block and the big retro body dropped over an old W210 chassis from the MB-Chrysler days do not conspire to make a track day or back road special. Now, the steering feel has improved in the 2015 an up models (at least versus what I remember from a 2012 Challenger) and the 6.4L Hemi is a lot of fun. If you are going to cars and coffee, road trips, and the occasional track day on a course without a lot of tight turns and repeated braking zones from triple digits I could see the Challenger or Charger being a lot of fun.

The S7 - fun car but I would be hesitant to buy or keep one out of warranty. That and the weight have kept me out of an RS5.

For what it is worth a closer car in terms of feel (handling) and performance (actually a few seconds faster at VIR) would be the ATS-V. The ATS-V handling is on another planet, the engine delvers a lot of power once you have a few revs on the tach, and it is well balanced in terms of power, weight, brakes, and tires. As a day to day driver though, the ATS-V sounds underwhelming at best and I will not add to the chorus of every editor, pundit, and forum member across the internet who has panned the CUE system.
i have a S7 i am going to rid off to get a Lexus IS F. I love the S7 but I am always worry about the turbo blowing up
Old 08-17-18, 02:28 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Same with the AZ car, posted in the wrong section

Lou
Oh, c'mon Lou! After all the time he's spent here during all of his post?
Old 08-17-18, 02:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by pho99

what is valley plate issue? I know i know i should search but I’ll admit i’m too lazy too search today

TIA
WOW just WOW

Lou
Old 08-17-18, 02:34 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pho99

TIA

Originally Posted by flowrider
WOW just WOW

Lou