IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

One More 2011 Off the Streets

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-18, 12:09 PM
GMANtt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
It’s being picked up and taken to the insurance auction. I didn’t even get a chance to swap out stock parts. Hopefully I can just add the value of those items to the total loss amount.
Usually aftermarket parts either have a cap, or won't be considered in the actual cash value of the vehicle. I would've stated you didn't agree with the amount and you wanted to dispute it to give you a little more time to revert everything back to stock.

Best bet is to get every possible dealer ad you can and state your case that the market for these cars range in this price. In California, insurance companies need to use market value rather than KBB, it might be different where you are.

Good luck and hopefully you get in a new F soon.
Old 07-16-18, 12:52 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Yeah, not to bring you down, but you didn’t have to release the car yet. No way I would have that fast.
Old 07-16-18, 12:56 PM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
That's a bad crash. Looks like the only salvageable thing in the bay is the actual longblock. It's a sad day in the F community. Numbers are dwindling.
sad to see such a nice car crushed.. I wonder how many are actually left now.
Old 07-16-18, 01:44 PM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Dang Bigjon, glad you are ok, and sorry to see her crushed.
The following users liked this post:
Bigjon3475 (07-17-18)
Old 07-17-18, 06:34 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If anyone is interested it looks like it’s going to Copart - Savannah. It still has lots of good parts on it and you can purchase for your own use a salvage title but you will need to go through a broker. It’s a 2011 and has a good long block, transmission, CF flat bottom steering wheel, Black CF trim pieces, Alcantara seats (drivers seat has a little wear), rear end, ML radio, a rear weather tech trunk mat, RRRacing CF intake tube, AOS, and possibly a borla/bazooka exhaust on there’s a good chance it is damaged but I was not able to assess if that was the case. RCF wheels with about 10k miles of BFG AS tires and stock Brembo brakes with about the same milage.

Also, I have no interest in this vehicle anymore so providing this info does not benefit me in any way.

https://www.copart.com/locations/savannah-ga-87/
Old 07-17-18, 10:54 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Someone will get a good deal getting this car. Hard to tell, but don't think there's any frame damage.
anyhow, are you going to get into another F or no?

V.
Old 07-17-18, 11:30 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Someone will get a good deal getting this car. Hard to tell, but don't think there's any frame damage.
anyhow, are you going to get into another F or no?

V.
I have no idea at this point. I still have a lot of parts that never got installed. Then you weigh out what’s available today and what’s coming out, I just don’t know. I would have kept the cars for years to come and now it sort of feels like if I want that back I’ll be searching for a fairly long time. At the same time the RS3 is running 11’s stock which is what a FBO lightened ISF could do. The RS3 is running high 9’s with stage 3 and slicks. But it’s an Audi of course even if it is the 2.5 which is probably one of their better engines. Or I could just buy a beater and in five years every car will be electric and running 8’s in the quarter. I really just wanted my ISF and to put the headers on...
Old 07-17-18, 11:57 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Dam this sucks to see I'm sorry man, but at least you okay that's what matters
Bigjon3475 (07-17-18)
Old 07-17-18, 01:01 PM
vertex16
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks to see!! I feel like all this moved fairly quickly? I’m guessing you already settled on a value?
Old 07-17-18, 02:23 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vertex16
That sucks to see!! I feel like all this moved fairly quickly? I’m guessing you already settled on a value?
Not yet. They haven’t officially totaled it yet so there’s still a chance that insurance will offer to repair. But let’s face it, the cost of parts for this car is ridiculous. It’s $2600 for the headlamps. It’s something like $2k just for the radiator support and fans. Anyways, I can’t imagine how much it would be for every part to rebuild the rear quarters back and the front engine compartment forward. I’m sure it could be done but would it be cheaper for the insurance company to just pay out for a total loss. It would be months before even a motivated reputable shop could get it back on the road.
Old 07-17-18, 06:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Mine got whacked a whole lot smaller than this and they were offering a total - 6 months after installing my Giken diff. I said no. But you are right, repairing these cars makes it really easy to total them because the parts are so expensive. Morons at the shop told me the wheel was damaged and "could not be repaired" to Lexus standards. What couldn't be done to Lexus standards was their paint work, and they're well known in Atlanta for being one of the best shops. FWIW, I got the wheel fixed for $172. They paid Lexus $1800 for a new wheel, then sent it out for a refinish. Can you say massive profits? I knew you could.

If it were mine, I'd be looking at the body seams in the trunk. If they're screwed, I would not rebuild it for me. If they're still intact, I'd probably fix it, but that's me.
Bigjon3475 (07-18-18)
Old 07-18-18, 06:50 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

How come you didn't or don't want to take any parts off the car before they take it away from you? It's not like you'll get more for aftermarket stuff
Old 07-18-18, 07:00 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
How come you didn't or don't want to take any parts off the car before they take it away from you? It's not like you'll get more for aftermarket stuff
Insurance has taken it to a no charge storage yard to be assessed. I don’t really have somewhere decent to have a wrecked car sit while I try to see how many parts I can change out. It sucks but this whole thing needs to come to a resolution as soon as possible, this was my DD.
Old 07-18-18, 07:35 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Suck to hear, man! All in all, a bad situation, but start focusing on what you can get for your next car. There are a ton of people that try something out for 6 months or a year and come back to the ISF. Think of it as your sabbatical.

Best of luck!
Bigjon3475 (07-18-18)
Old 07-18-18, 11:32 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This sucks, good luck resolving this issue and hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Quick Reply: One More 2011 Off the Streets