Old 06-03-18, 01:56 PM
GermanF
Rookie

Received 87 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 06-06-18, 11:10 AM
rjfjdudj
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will it be affordable? If a battery is $2000 that puts me "way" out of the picture...Novel products is all elite company.
Old 06-06-18, 01:57 PM
GermanF
Rookie

The battery is expensive because it’s HighTech with AntiTheft system, app control, temperature sensor, patented welding system and much more. There is a reason why it’s used by nearly all racing teams in Europe.
It‘s the only battery that never caused any fire or other damage. the medium one costs 1095€, the small one even less.
Thats the cheapest way to save 15Kg
Seibon carbon looks really good but has no real weight advantage to parts from Aluminum, if you want to save weight you need dry carbon which is much more expensive.

And I‘m sorry to say, but why you think Novel has „Elite“ products? I really like the whole team and respect what they do, but the quality is far away from „Elite“ quality. The parts are not functional(aside from the new RCF widebodykit, which is great) and it’s no dry carbon or even high quality one. As I said I really respect all the wins at the Nürburgring and the team itself, but the quality is far away from the best you can get.
Compare Novel one:

Old 06-06-18, 02:02 PM
GermanF
Rookie

And dry carbon material, the whole part is made from one! Piece, the small tubes on the Intake are one piece with the elbow itself. There are only 1-3 company’s worldwide who can make it in this quality.
Also some non dry carbon parts as comparison,Novel and the ones in this post are both Japnese products at same price range.
Old 06-07-18, 06:26 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanF

And dry carbon material, the whole part is made from one! Piece, the small tubes on the Intake are one piece with the elbow itself. There are only 1-3 company’s worldwide who can make it in this quality.
Also some non dry carbon parts as comparison,Novel and the ones in this post are both Japnese products at same price range.
Hey Roman Great Job! and you are correct if anyone truly wants to save weight on parts dry carbon is the way to go. The process of creating dry carbon is expensive, not to mention the R&D time since you are testing these parts on Ring itself to truly ensure that their functional. There's no way around it so if you want a functional strong lightweight parts dry carbon is the way to go but people have to understand there's an expense associated with it. I for one have always been an advocate of Quality Parts that's all I've ever put on my ISF from Figs Engineering, PPE, JoeZ PTS to RRRacing. The outside of my car is bone stock why I have yet to find any aftermarket company that truly makes functional strong quality carbon fiber parts that I would put on my car. I truly believe that you pay for what you get I'm looking forward to your Quality Parts.
Old 06-27-18, 05:48 PM
GermanF
Rookie

Yes that’s true, quality parts will cost more than the cheap fake parts you can buy everywhere nowadays.
But we will still try to keep the prices as low as possible, makes no sense to offer parts which have the best quality, but nobody can afford aside from some racing teams.

Sorry for not posting to much these days, a lot of F meets, some driving at the Nürburgring happened in this time.
Today finally we had time to scan the whole rear section with and without rear bumper.
The designer will continue now with the diffuser.

Really thinking about a widebodykit which improves aero dynamics and and functionality.
But not sure about how many possible buyers would be interested and which model would be the best one at the
The first CCSR bars for the car are also ready.
Talked to one of our producing guys today and looks like we will make some proper TÜV certification

Old 06-27-18, 06:26 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Yes that’s true, quality parts will cost more than the cheap fake parts you can buy everywhere nowadays.
But we will still try to keep the prices as low as possible, makes no sense to offer parts which have the best quality, but nobody can afford aside from some racing teams.

Sorry for not posting to much these days, a lot of F meets, some driving at the Nürburgring happened in this time.
Today finally we had time to scan the whole rear section with and without rear bumper.
The designer will continue now with the diffuser.

Really thinking about a widebodykit which improves aero dynamics and and functionality.
But not sure about how many possible buyers would be interested and which model would be the best one at the
The first CCSR bars for the car are also ready.
Talked to one of our producing guys today and looks like we will make some proper TÜV certification

Hey Roman
Wow, scanning not just the bumper but with the bumper off so you can get a full View of the actual structure beneath the bumper to build a proper diffuser.
Id buy one in heart beat with proper design, but my personal feeling regarding body kit for ISF is I don't think they'll be a big enough demand for fully functional widebody kit for ISF. Rear diffusers front spoilers, side skirts, Carbon fiber hood, fenders and other Aero Parts absolutely but I don't think there's going to be a big enough to demand for a full body kit for the ISF owners. In my experience most ISF owners tend to be more focused on performance, power, suspension, getting the cars as light as possible weight reduction, light weight rims, functional arrow that will improve their performance. I don't know if it's worth it for the ISF, considering the costs involved in developing a fully functional wide body kit. Now RCF guys seem to be more into widebody kits you tend to see them all over Instagram, YouTube etc. Looking forward to your carbon fiber parts can't wait to see what you come up with.

Last edited by Weapon F; 06-28-18 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-27-18, 11:06 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Roman,

Guess costs would play a big part in it, but I could be interested in the wide body kit if you did decide to go ahead with it?

I’m looking to get some bigger wheels and tires soon to help tame some of the added power the supercharger kit has given me, so wider arches would help for sure.

Must admit the current offerings don’t really work for me, but if it can follow a similar design ethos to your current work, I’d be interested.

PM me if you prefer my friend.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 06-28-18, 10:08 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Is this intake available for purchase?
thanks,
-R
Old 06-28-18, 12:06 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by one piece. The fiber isn't continuous between the elbow and the tubes, that is pretty obvious in the picture you posted. If the fiber isn't continuous it doesn't matter how many pieces it is made of, the fiber layers have to overlap to build strength. There isn't any practical way to make that part from continuous fiber pre-preg, and the strength-to weight-to cost ratios don't work out to make a continuous fiber air intake tube any better anyway.