IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is probably good bye...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-18, 06:48 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is probably good bye...

Well, she's totaled. Sitting at a light when a girl runs right into the back of me at about 40mph (my guestimate). She said a car pulled out of the lane really fast and she didn't have time to stop. My guess is a cell phone was involved... Hurt like hell. Rear is smashed, pillars buckled a little in the rear, the front was pushed into a truck with tow hitch that went through the bumper. State Farm estimated 18k in damage. They are giving me $25k for the car. I'm pretty happy with the amount. '08 with 106k miles in great condition. Going to the body shop tomorrow to see if I can swap out my JoeZ intake for the stock one. They will have to cut my trunk open for me to get my stuff out. I had just put the RR Racing USRS on a few months ago. Really glad I didn't buy the borla exhaust yet... Was really loving this car. The best car I've owned so far. #2 was an '05 s2000, #3 a '87 RX-7 Turbo2.

Question - has anyone had luck claiming aftermarket additions for additional value on a total loss vehicle?

I have brand new rotors and project mu pads sitting in my garage. How do I get a referral or whatever is needed to sell on the forum? I'd prefer local (Suwanee, GA).

Not much to pick from in terms of local cars available. Ideally, I'd like an '11 for under 30k with less than 100k miles. Not sure how realistic that is. Might just be getting a midsize SUV and letting the dream of driving a sports car sit on the shelf for a few years. I have 3 kids under 5yrs old. Might need the funds elsewhere for a while.

Old 04-30-18, 06:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Sorry to hear this, glad you are safe but get yourself checked out from a big hit like that... stuff shows up the day or week after.
Old 04-30-18, 06:52 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam, that sucks but on a positive note ,25k seems like strong money for the car so at least you didnt get screwed there.
Old 04-30-18, 06:58 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Sorry to hear this, glad you are safe but get yourself checked out from a big hit like that... stuff shows up the day or week after.
Thanks, yeah I'm seeing a chiropractor. Have a previous herniated disc that has been re-aggravated so dealing with that and some neck pain. I enlisted a lawyer to help with everything.
Old 04-30-18, 07:00 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
Dam, that sucks but on a positive note ,25k seems like strong money for the car so at least you didnt get screwed there.
I'm very happy with the $25k. I was expecting to see 18-20k. There isn't much around me in Atlanta to compare to so they only had higher priced comps.
Old 04-30-18, 07:25 PM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

good to hear you're ok
Old 04-30-18, 08:02 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see you can post.

It doesn't hurt to counter the offer with a nice layout of thoughts. All they can do is rejecting your counter. Best of luck!
Old 04-30-18, 09:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Damn, that's ****ty. But perhaps shes telling the truth, I've had people do that to me before where they dodge into the right lane last minute cause they realize the vehicle in front of them is stopped and you get 30 feet of notice to slam on the brakes.
Old 04-30-18, 09:29 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hope your are doing ok.
Old 04-30-18, 11:52 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. My insurance has allowed me to remove stuff (aftermarket stereo, wheels, etc) from my totalled car (Honda civic) as long as I replaced them with stock or equivalent. They also will sometimes add on the value of recent repairs or upgrades (your USRS for example) to the total payout if you can show them receipts. Doesn't hurt to ask them.
Old 04-30-18, 11:57 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Damnnnn sorry to hear .
Old 05-01-18, 12:23 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

What an unfortunate turn of evens! But definitely glad you were able to walk out of that accident. Get yourself checked and then worry about the parts. More often than not, showing receipts of work done or cost of certain products will be added onto the total value of the loss. This is where having the original parts might come in handy, as you'll still need to show proof that the OE parts are still with the car. I've seen some insurance agencies say that the parts are with the vehicle, just not installed, which is fine as long as everything is documented.

Thank goodness you're safe and well. It hasn't been a good month for F owners, as I've seen a few friends needing to take their Fs to the shop for accidents already. Hope things get better for you.
Old 05-01-18, 02:08 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude, glad you're ok. But gonna reiterate here and worry about yourself first. And if you want another F, the rughtone will turn up.
Old 05-01-18, 04:47 AM
tripp03
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default So sorry!!!!

Oh man, I have a silver isf as well and it pains me to see it but I ’m truly glad you’re ok as it could be worse.

As for the girl, who knows.... perhaps a she’s telling the truth but the main thing is you’re able to walk away from this ordeal.

Also, if you need a vouch, I’m in Woodstock so not too far from you and will be glad to swing by this weekend and vouch. Pm me and we can work out a time.
Old 05-01-18, 09:38 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Oh man!

Sorry to see this, glad you are ok (hopefully no long term injuries, but sounds like you’re in good hands with a lawyer etc).

Sounds like you have a pretty fair insurer, so pleased you’re not being screwed on that front. Unless it works differently in the States, you’d need a specific type of policy that would factor/value your mods if you planned to claim for them? My car is insured to value including an itemised list of any/all modifications. If the worst were to happen, I’d get agreed value for the car, plus agreed value for all my parts.

Unless you have something similar, guessing you’ll be lucky to get anything for the modified parts, but may be able to remove them for stock items as someone already mentioned.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

All the best,

Pete

Quick Reply: This is probably good bye...